• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else think the ecw stars are crying right now?

I find it hilarious that everyone is complaining about all the heels on team SD!. what a novel concept, a primarily face team vs. a primarily heel team. WWE may be on to something here. Anyways, why would the ECW roster be crying about anything? If there is anything they should know by now, it is 1. The only time there will be an ECW match on any PPV card it will be for the ECW title and 2. The match will be given all of 5 minutes at the most. So with that being said, The ECW guys should be glad they get an opportunity to wrestle on T.V. and bide their time until moving on to a bigger brand. I'm not saying that the show isn't entertaining, but thats how that brand is treated. It ain't ECW ca. 1997-2001 it is a new version based on testing new stars (which in a way is sort of how WWe and WCW used the original ECW anyway) anyone foolish enough to sit and compare the current ECW to the past one deserves the disappointment they feel.

Are you guys serious about some of the shit you're writing? Can you be that dense?

1) The Great Khali is injured.
2) What point would there be to make a 7 on 7 on 7 match. The logo is Blue and Red. The game is "Smackdown vs Raw 2010." ECW is basically a testing ground to see how guys get over on TV. Some do well (CM Punk, Kofi Kingston), some reinvent themselves (Miz's transition from Smackdown! to ECW to Raw, Johnny Nitro to John Morrison), and some fail (Ricky Ortiz, Braden Walker). ECW would be lost in the shuffle.
3) Yes, Finlay, R-Truth, and Matt Hardy would have made excellent choices for this match for Team Smackdown. Yes, the Smackdown main event could have easily been a Punk-Taker rematch and saved Batista and Mysterio for the 7 on 7. But the point is to get some of these newer talents over with the overall PPV and Smackdown! audiences. McIntyre is being groomed. Escobar is being groomed. What better way to groom these talents than by putting them in a match with veterans such as Jericho, Kane, HBK, and HHH. Now I don't believe that Smackdown will win the match but I think we'll get one hell of an outing from these guys.
And whats with the dissing on Cryme Tyme? JTG is an amazing in-ring talent. Shad does more for me than DH Smith. Plus, C.T. offers the faces in an otherwise all heel team and they're WAY over with the fans whether they win, lose, or are just in vignettes. It would have been dumb to leave them off with the guys not already on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back