• WWE Taboo Tuesday (2004)

• WWE Cyber Sunday (2005)

• WWE Cyber Sunday (2006)

• WWE Cyber Sunday (2007)

• WWE Cyber Sunday (2008)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pineapple Boy

Brock Hood
I was watching some older PPV's and Cyber Sunday/Taboo Tuesday seemed awesome. I wonder why they got rid of it? I think they should bring it back.

Taboo Tuesday and Cyber Sunday is one of those it's a good idea in principle but it just didn't work. Example you have an World Title match where you pick the opponent. Either it'll be someone really popular with two randoms or it's obvious the title is not changing hands.

I'd be up for it for a random sporadic Raw/SD rather than a PPV. It's a good idea but just fell flat.

One of the problem with the concept was that they couldn't always predetermine how fans would vote and since they had to go with the legit vote, it kinda gave for some really weird situation.

2 examples that come to mind of something they didn't anticipate. I don'T remember at which event they took place but i remember those example as something they didn'T expect and ran with it.

The first one was when Shelton Benjamin won the popular vote to face jericho for the IC title. I'm sure they always had plan for Jericho to drop the title but they weren'T really pushing shelton at the time so they weren't really expecting Shelton to win the poll and it showed with the lack of push he got after winning the IC title.

The second one was i think on the same show for the main event when HHH had to defend his title against either Edge, Chris benoit or HBK. All night long they tried to convince the fans to vote for anybody outside of HBK because HBK was hurt and really couldn't compete on the show. But fans didn't bought into what WWE was trying to sell them and voted for HBK anyway which meant the HBK had to wrestled hurt and the match sucked because of it.

After that they tried to play it safer with the stipulation but the concept never really took off and they played with it over the years on live event using social media and text messaging to get more interactive but even that hasn't really got on as they expected so while i really love the concept in theory, i don't see it being a good idea. I would rather see them bring back the king of the ring then this concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back