Should WWE be promoting NXT more?

chicagokmc

Getting Noticed By Management
should WWE be promoting NXT more? The pipeline from NXT to WWE seems to have bared recent fruit and may do so with newer players Paige, Adam Rose, etc. But it is only mentioned on WWE programming sporadically, i.e. when the announcers are blabbering about JBL being the NXT general manager. Now that they have the WWE network that they have to continuously advertise, should they be pointing us to NXT? Look at how much they promote Legends House and that show isn't even up to date. They have network subscribers, it wouldn't be that big a deal to make mention of NXT from time to time.

I'd even go as far as to replace 10 - 15 minutes of Smackdown that they use to just recap Raw with a NXT match of the week, where they can again point people to check it out on the Network.

Thoughts?

On Smackdown, they sometimes run a from the vault match from back in the day. Instead of this, they could certainly run something from NXT. With that being said, you can watch NXT yourself. If they took time to show clips from NXT, then they would have to show many guys, instead of choosing one of them. And what do you show? A match? A promo?

It's hard to actually do something like that. Sure, the exposure to NXT should be a bit more, but there is only so much that can be done. I'd only run clips from NXT if something major went down there, like a big title change or something. It's really a blessing and a curse, so to speak.

Best, my real point was for the announcers to just say something like "Catch NXT on the WWE network" once or twice per televised show. They give us a 60 commercial for Legends House and I'm not sure anyone even watches that. They also go thru WWE network at least once a show to tell us why we should buy, just add NXT as one of those reasons. The point about a NXT match on Smackdown was more of a pipe dream.

I'm one of them people that think NXT should be advertised more, people without WWE Network and are new to WWE should know that next generations stars and showed on NXT and you could get some amazing matches, I'd say 1-3 times a RAW/Smackdown would be good.

Lets be honest if NXT was marketed right it could be a promotion all of its own, a lot of matches are better than those on Smackdown or Raw, and if i was Vince id use it as a TNA killer, they just need more TV time, 2 hours a week and make the pre show of every PPV (special event) an NXT match.

No, like someone already said. It is DEVELOPMENT. While they should know who they are, they don't need to over advertise.
What they do need to advertise is SMACKDOWN! In the past few years it became a raw rewind.
So yeah, NXT is all good but make Smackdown worth watching again.
And here most people though that a brand split would be good for business, when it killed Smackdown.

It's already been mentioned but NXT is a developmental roster/show. The basis of NXT is that it's where rookies/new signings go to learn how to wrestle the WWE way.

Although the good wrestlers in NXT are superb and good enough to be on the main roster the idea that NXT is developmental means that overexposure isn't necessarily what WWE are looking for.

Also to the OP there are ample references to NXT on the main shows, with mention of Paige and The Shield and others as well as promotion of the NXT "Special Events" as well as JBL being GM I feel that NXT has enough exposure for what it is

Best, my real point was for the announcers to just say something like "Catch NXT on the WWE network" once or twice per televised show. They give us a 60 commercial for Legends House and I'm not sure anyone even watches that. They also go thru WWE network at least once a show to tell us why we should buy, just add NXT as one of those reasons. The point about a NXT match on Smackdown was more of a pipe dream.

It's in the top 3 shows watched every week on the Network's most watched shows list. Just wanted to get that out there

As for your NXT idea, it's understandable and I agree. Even for RAW. Is there really a need to show a recap of an incident from the beginning of the show 5-6 times? Make an NXT recap with your "Catch" voice over at the end. It would make people interested, not to mention these guys would get a better reception once they make their RAW/Smackdown debut because people know more about them. You're really not asking for much. 30-45 seconds max?

If they promote NXT on RAW or Smackdown, will that make someone order the Network? I find that hard to believe. If you're not ordering it for the PPVs, I don't see why NXT would be the thing to make you sign up.

And since NXT isn't on TV, they aren't concerned about ratings. How many people view it on the Network is irrelevant, so there is no need to promote it. It's a developmental "division", that on it's own, is not intended to generate revenue. It's there as a training ground for guys who will be on the main roster eventually. If you want a 45 second NXT 'recap' on Smackdown, I have no problem with that, but I don't see any need to "promote" it as has been suggested.

If they promote NXT on RAW or Smackdown, will that make someone order the Network? I find that hard to believe. If you're not ordering it for the PPVs, I don't see why NXT would be the thing to make you sign up.

And since NXT isn't on TV, they aren't concerned about ratings. How many people view it on the Network is irrelevant, so there is no need to promote it. It's a developmental "division", that on it's own, is not intended to generate revenue. It's there as a training ground for guys who will be on the main roster eventually. If you want a 45 second NXT 'recap' on Smackdown, I have no problem with that, but I don't see any need to "promote" it as has been suggested.

my thoughts exactly. If too many people watched NXT regularly, the failed NXT Gimmicks would be difficult for new stars to get over. Adam Rose's debut might not have ben as successful as they would like, but imagine how bad it would be if everybody knew he was Leo Kruger? He would be getting Kruger chants the same way Tensai got Albert chants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back