• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should We Always Cheer For Who We Like?

I agree that if you really like the wrestler who is currently playing a heel you should Boo them.

I remember a quote from HHH a while back that said back in his huge heel run in the 2000's he used to get pissed off to see pro-HHH signs. He pretty much said he felt he wasn't doing his job right if he got cheered. At home or around friends I don't think it matters who you cheer but these heels job is to make you HATE them. If your cheering them, that's basically telling WWE there not doing there job very well. I understand you think cheering them will get them noticed and tell Vince to invest more time in that certain wrestler, but most of the time it's the complete opposite. So do your favorite heel wrestler a favor and BOO them like they kicked your dog!

You make it sound like Vince actually cares about crowd reactions. Like Zack Ryder is over as a face and yet he is buried. He wasnt even on Raw this past week from Long Island.

You make it sound like Vince actually cares about crowd reactions. Like Zack Ryder is over as a face and yet he is buried. He wasnt even on Raw this past week from Long Island.

yea I can't really explain that one either I thought Zack would be at least steady in the midcard by now. But I think he's more of the exception and not the rule. The people that get the biggest reaction usually gets the most tv time

I cheer for Ziggler and Bryan because of their exceptional in-ring work. They arent even good heels anyways. That's not their fault, I blame the creative team and the PG restrictions.

Ziggler is really good and entertaining in the ring but has NO CLUE how to get heel heat, he might as well be a face ,therefore, he should turn face and simply keep doing what he does.His show off gimmick isnt even enough to get the kids to boo him.You cant say Bryan isnt a good heel because even tho alot of ppl like chanting "YES" the other half find it really annoying and the way he talked to AJ all the time got him some good heat.Not all the wrestlers have real heat mostly cheap heat (insulting crowd), D Bryan doesnt usually insult the crowd neither does Jericho but they always have loud reactions.And you cant exactly blame the PG because Chris Jerichos feud with Punk was pretty entertaining and they didnt have to curse or bleed a pool of blood to do so.​

Cheer when you are entertained. Boo when you are displeased. Be silent when you are not.

It really is that fucking simple.

If you're of the point of view that you are obligated to make loud noises because you paid $35 for a ticket, hope's already too far gone for you, so don't stress much about which loud noises you're supposed to make when.

I don't think they like Ziggler for the person he is on the mic, but rather the person he is in the ring. Ziggler is a great technical wrestler and reminds me a lot of a modern day hart foundation. I think Ziggler should go for a Lex Luger/Bret Hart/Billy Gun type thing and make his main color pink.

Perhaps the fans cheer Ziggler to alert the WWE creative team that they want him to have a push and they want him to turn face....

I am usually guilty of cheering who I like and booing who I dislike. Typically I cheer for heels because, for my money, a good heel is more entertaining. Ie, the last event I went to was a RAW back in March. I was in the fourth or fifth row and John Cena came out and of course the chants of Let's Go Cena, Cena Sucks started... I had to join in for the Cena Sucks portions. I got more into it when the little kid in front of me who was wearing every piece of Cena merchandise they had for sale was "challenging" me. It makes it more fun, I think for me and that little kid. The little kid's smile was getting bigger every time he would chant "Let's go Cena!" because deep down he knew Cena would overcome the odds, whatever they were at the time. I think that it would be really awesome if Vince would just "let" fans cheer for who they wanted, much like at a UFC event, but unfortunately professional wrestling doesn't really work that way. There will always be some division between a good guy and a bad guy, other wise the story lines don't really work.

I think people have the right to cheer whomever they like and boo whomever this dislike. And despite Vince's "shades of grey" arguement, people still cheer the face and boo the heel. So that didn't go over as he planned. There are the occasional great performers who will blur the lines between roles and usually those guys are accepted by most casual fans and really accepted by the IWC.

There is a catch there, though. Take CM Punk for example. During his infamous "pipebomb" promos, people loved the guy. You couldn't find hardly anyone saying anything negative about the guy. The IWC darling, as well as massively over with live crowds. Now just shy of a year later, it seems like people are constantly hatin' on CM Punk and claiming he's boring or somehow less than he was last year. Is it that CM Punk really changed? Or is that the fans got what they wanted and now hate what they created? I believe it's the latter. It was the same way with John Cena and with Randy Orton, specifically. These guys were famous until they became routine main eventers and people changed quickly. So, yeah there's a fine line there. It's an inconsistency I've noticed on the 'net for some time. Bottom line; everyone has the right to their own opinion. Cheer who ya want, boo who you don't like or simply be indifferent to those not worthy of either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back