• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should TNA creative search for new blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My$terio_Fan

I can do whatever I want
It is quite obvious TNA likes people who have worked for WWE or WCW. They have hired countless wrestlers/managers/refs/ect from these promotions. They also seem to hire all the old WWE/WCW guys for their creative team as well.

Guys like Russo, Mantell, and road agents like BG & Kip. While it's nice to have guys who know the business inside and out, do you think TNA should try to branch out and find, some fresh blood for their creative team. You have JB, who does some creative work, but I think a new guy not involved in wrestling could help.

It would get another persepective on things and could make things interesting. Russo is good, but he doesn't really seem all that creative now a days. All his work seems like re-hash of old stuff. I think it would be great to have a creative member who is new, fresh, and has no experience with WWE/WCW.

Do you think it's smart for TNA to hire some new blood? Are Russo and company doing a fine enough job? Will a "newbie" water down the product and anger wrestling fans?

Well reports have come out that Dixie Carter has put a young associate of hers by the name of Matt Conway on the creative team, so we'll see how that goes but I agree with you to an extent but I understand why TNA doesn't do things like that. TNA is not in the position of a WWE to experiment with someone new on the job and to give them full control especially when working with lots of experienced talent. I've noticed that TNA likes to pass the torch from an inring and front office perspective. TNA right now is letting their new associate Matt Conway work with the likes of Russo and Cornette to get a feel of things and to get a flow of how things work in a creative process environment. It's good firsthand experience. It's like he's getting his feet wet instead of fully diving into the water and possibly drowning. So to answer the question, it's best that a newbie work with people who have experience in that field.

I think that in time, it might be a good idea. As the previous person said, TNA can't afford a failed expirement right now. They need to stick to what is currently working and little by little, try and get some younger guys in there. Once they get a feel for what's going on, what seems to work and what doesn't, they can start to take over the creative part and try out some newer storylines and feuds. If they just put someone who doesn't even know the industry in there, he won't know what to do. They have to get to know the wrestlers, their styles and how they work so that they can get a better idea of how to use them.

I think new blood is always good as long as they are talented. However the talent pool of really talented young wrestlers has really suffered over the last several years. I blame this on the trainers. Ricky Steamboat said in an interview on the Stars of the 80's DVD set that before they even started the in ring work when he was training he had to do hundreds of sit ups, hundreds of push ups, run up and back down twenty flights of stairs, put a man on his shoulders and run up and back down twenty flights of stairs, then wheel barrel up and down twenty flights of stairs. He had to do all that every morning and then they would go to the ring and train wrestling for the day. They don't make wrestlers train that way anymore and that I believe is why you don't have star caliber performers coming out of the woodwork like you use to.

The reason I think more NEW stars aren't around to be signed by TNA and the WWE alike is the fact that they don't train them as hard as they were once trained. The Dudley's and Taz who are known as some of the toughest trainers of today pale in comparison to the likes of The Iron Shiek, Jose Lothario, Ole Anderson, and Verne Gagne.

I would love to see TNA bring in some new blood. Unfortunately there are few young superstars in the making out there like there once was.

If they were to bring in new blood creatively it should be Lance Storm. He seems to have proven himself with knowing the importance of making storylines make sense and knows what fans want as well. Other than that, I agree that it is too much risk at the moment for TNA to take a chance on some newbie that has never done the job before.

They need new blood through out that company. I have been screaming this for months. They need to develop a new essence of their ring. That ring they have should produce some of the highest quality of matches, that would make the crowd insane. They need a creative angle, in which a new person can bring. New talent as well, to produce higher quality of matches. Now I read from a previous blog that TNA can't afford a failed experiment. The only problem with that, is the TNA is still an experiment in work. New blood, new talent, new concepts.

TNA was built up on independent wrestlers, ergo TNA should search for new wrestlers from ROH, Dragongate, and other places.

I think it's a good idea, getting some fresh input in the room. As others have already said, it's probably not the greatest idea giving them full control (sink or swim).

Since TNA still has the higher rating (TV-14?), they should really just be focused on that....rather than worry about bringing someone else into the creative meetings. Then again, new-blood might have some ideas on how to really "push the envelope", and make the shows more interesting and "adult-oriented".

I know this is going to sound completely off-topic, but isn't Kennedy's no-compete clause ending soon? Is he ending up in TNA? Hopefully creative will come up with a really good storyline for him, not just a similar gimmick to what they gave Lashley. Then again, I don't think anyone who has ever worked creatively for any wrestling organization could make me care about Lashley.

I suppose it's always good to bring in someone new. They can give a different persepective and some new ideas that are different from the guys that have been in the business for longer. I don't think a newbie would anger wrestling fans that much at all, it's not like most people know who does what backstage. Whatever new person they bring in likely wouldn't play a huge role anyway. They'd just be another person to bounce ideas off of. No one person is in charge of the whole show, it's a group effort.

You want to know an excellent idea? Ask a fan... seriously. No one ever does this. Think about it, how many outrageous storylines have you seen, and you sit there on the couch thinking, "you idiot! I could've done that!" Take Foley throwing himself through a table for example. How much imagination did that take? We all know that wrestling is fake... it's a show, but that's why we love it. How cool would it be to ask a fan (not the same guy everytime either) how it should go down, instead of getting someone from "creative" to come up with yet another dumb storyline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back