Should The Million $ Title Reign Count?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
011DiBiase.jpg

Given the belt by Andre, taken away from him. But should it count as a reign? If Triple H's first reign with the WHC counts then shouldn't this reign? I know HHH was given the belt by an authority figure, but the fact that Dibiase wanted it enough to buy it makes the belt have more prestige than just being handed to somebody.

011DiBiase.jpg

Given the belt by Andre, taken away from him. But should it count as a reign? If Triple H's first reign with the WHC counts then shouldn't this reign? I know HHH was given the belt by an authority figure, but the fact that Dibiase wanted it enough to buy it makes the belt have more prestige than just being handed to somebody.

I think it should count, the fact is the plan was to give Ted Dibiase the belt at the end of the tournament but instead the belt went to savage , Ted Dibiase should have been WWE champion because he was a new fresh heel that would have done anything to get that gold, can you name me any other heel apart from current stars that would have gone to those lengths just to get the WWE title around his waste, I cant and i believe the reign no matter how short it was should still be apart of WWE history.

I think that his reign should have counted because he bought the title and Triple Hollywood was just handed the WHC so Million Dollar Man's purchase of the WWF Championship should count as a title reign it is basically the same thing . Thank you for reading my post and i hope you all enjoy Judgerment Day tonight on PPV !!

I think it should count. I mean what stars of today do you think will go the same lengths to get a title like DiBiase did? I can answer that one, none.

The way DiBiase got the title is a hell more creative way to gain a title than what Cripple H did by having it handed to him on a silver platter that includes a three course meal with an authority figure included.

I could give a fucks less about how long the reign actually was, but the thing is that DiBiase was a fresh heel character, his tactics are completely different than what goes on today & in my opinion I believe that buying a championship gives the title way more prestige than having it handed to you(titles meant something back in the day unlike nowdays).

No, I don't think it should count. And I base this on he didn't win nor did he defend it. If he had just defended the title one time, win or lose, I would say count it.
Now you might be saying "Andre didn't defend it", true but he did win it. He forfeited the title when he gave it to Debiase, basically vacating the belt. That's why Andres "reign" counts.

Yes Triple H didn't win it but he went on to defend it.

Having said all that, I do think Debiase deserved to have a title reign. But he didn't get that chance in WWF.

No, I don't think it should count. And I base this on he didn't win nor did he defend it. If he had just defended the title one time, win or lose, I would say count it.
Now you might be saying "Andre didn't defend it", true but he did win it. He forfeited the title when he gave it to Debiase, basically vacating the belt. That's why Andres "reign" counts.

Having said all that, I do think Debiase deserved to have a title reign. But he didn't get that chance in WWF.

Actually, on February 8th at a house show in LA, Ted Dibiase defended the title against Bam Bam Bigelow and won. He was billed as the champion and the match was billed as a title defense.

Actually, on February 8th at a house show in LA, Ted Dibiase defended the title against Bam Bam Bigelow and won. He was billed as the champion and the match was billed as a title defense.

1. That is a house show, which doesn't mean anything unless WWE decide to recognize it.

2. Were did you find that info? That seems to be a very odd thing to know.

1. That is a house show, which doesn't mean anything unless WWE decide to recognize it.

2. Were did you find that info? That seems to be a very odd thing to know.

1. I know house show don't mean anything. I was just making a point that Ted did appear as champion at at least 3 house shows.

2. I refer to www.angelfire.com/wrestling/cawthon777/ for a lot of wrestling info. If you go to the WWE Ring Results section, the next couple of days after the Feb. 5, 1988 show, in which the title change took place, it lists Ted as the appearing Champion.

1. I know house show don't mean anything. I was just making a point that Ted did appear as champion at at least 3 house shows.

2. I refer to www.angelfire.com/wrestling/cawthon777/ for a lot of wrestling info. If you go to the WWE Ring Results section, the next couple of days after the Feb. 5, 1988 show, in which the title change took place, it lists Ted as the appearing Champion.

WOW, that is amazing that someone has cataloged all that stuff.

Still, if they had done that on T.V. then I'd be on the other side of this topic.

It's too bad, Dibiase would have been a great heel champion.

thumbs up for backing up your thoughts

I did not know he had a defense with the belt! It should count though, especially with this damn money in the bank matches for the title. As far as house shows not meaning anything what about Harts win over Flair?? House Show!

I did not know he had a defense with the belt! It should count though, especially with this damn money in the bank matches for the title. As far as house shows not meaning anything what about Harts win over Flair?? House Show!

It was recognized by WWF that's why it counts. Also it really wasn't a house show. It was event made for a Coliseum Home Video release. That event had all the production of a TV show. A typical house show (at least all the ones I've been to) don't have all the TV lighting and other such things. The Hart Vs. Flair Match did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg2Bksxp2nQ

If you want to see a title change at a real house show, look for Diesel vs. Bob Backlund

No, I don't think it should count. And I base this on he didn't win nor did he defend it. If he had just defended the title one time, win or lose, I would say count it.Now you might be saying "Andre didn't defend it", true but he did win it. He forfeited the title when he gave it to Debiase, basically vacating the belt. That's why Andres "reign" counts.

Actually, he did defend it. At Wrestlemania 6 he and Jake roberts wrestled in a match for the belt. Technically this was not a true title defence as Roberts had stolen the belt and agreed to return it if Dibiase beat him.

However, Dibiase did defend it against Virgil at Summerslam 91, where he lost it. Virgil held the title until Nov. when he defended it and dropped it back to Dibiase.

That said, in my opinion it was not a true title. It was more like a piece of property that was put up during matches. Dibiase could never be stripped of it and did not have to defend it regularly. In fact he did not have to defend it at all. It was not a true title so it should not count.

Actually, he did defend it. At Wrestlemania 6 he and Jake roberts wrestled in a match for the belt. Technically this was not a true title defence as Roberts had stolen the belt and agreed to return it if Dibiase beat him.

However, Dibiase did defend it against Virgil at Summerslam 91, where he lost it. Virgil held the title until Nov. when he defended it and dropped it back to Dibiase.

That said, in my opinion it was not a true title. It was more like a piece of property that was put up during matches. Dibiase could never be stripped of it and did not have to defend it regularly. In fact he did not have to defend it at all. It was not a true title so it should not count.

Thanks to triplesic for alerting my that I have made an error. Based on the title of the thread I thought we were discussing the Million $ Belt. My mistake.

As for the WWF belt, no I do not think Dibiases reign should be counted. He did not win the title or was not awarded the title by the powers of the company. One wrestler cannot just give another a title belt. the fact that Dibiase defended it once could be chalked up to him wrestling before Jack Tunney had a chance to make a ruling. Dibiase should not be listed as a champ.

Well in opinion if ted dibiases wwe title win don't count then several other title reigns should either. One example is edges win the chamber after hitting kofi with a chair because he wasn't even suppose to be in the match let alone win it. Or we if that the case jericho win over triple h on raw in 2000 should of counted since triple h was pin for the title. These events just like dibiases title reign all part of a storyline so if dibiases title reign don't count the events after similiar to this one should be changed 2.

As for the WWF belt, no I do not think Dibiases reign should be counted. He did not win the title or was not awarded the title by the powers of the company. One wrestler cannot just give another a title belt. the fact that Dibiase defended it once could be chalked up to him wrestling before Jack Tunney had a chance to make a ruling. Dibiase should not be listed as a champ.

That is not true. Jeff Jarrett once gave Mark Henry the European Title and that counts. Lance Storm once gave Elix Skipper the WCW Cruiserweight Title and gave Carl Ouellet the WCW Hardcore Title and those reigns count. This is all about what the WWE proclaims as Uncle Vinnie has the final say. Ted DiBiase’s reign, in my mind, counts, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter. If we really want to get technical, then the Rockers Tag Team Title run should count then too. Just because certain things happen at House Shows, doesn’t mean it doesn’t count. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s all up to “The Higher Power”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back