• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Swagger win the IC title and...

Should Swagger win the IC title at EC?

• I think so,Only to drop it to Cesaro at Wrestlemania

• No give E. some time

• Yes,but not losing it the title period.

• WE THE PEOPLE! (love our Real Americans keep them together.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

RomanReignsWWE

Dark Match Jobber
At Elimination Chamber Intercontinental Champion Big E. defends against Jack Swagger.My question is do you think he should drop the title to Swagger at the Chamber.I think after the lackluster title reign Swagger could even bring it up a level.Let's face it the title went from The Miz (alway's defending and on TV until he lost it),to Christian (same as Miz),to Barrett,to Miz,to Barrett,to Axel but when it went to Big E. it became like the SD main event title until Cena returned and won the WHC.But after it Big E. just dropped to the low-card.He was defending against people like Sandow,and Fandango (when we knew he would win.) To not even being on TV except jobbing in 6-man tag team matches to The Wyatts and The Shield.Not that I want Swagger to win the title I want Cesaro to.The Real Americans seems to be splitting soon.I think this could be the way to do it.Swagger wins the IC title after maybe Mark Henry comes out and trie to ask E. where was he at doing the Lesnar attack, E gets gutwrenched by Swagger losing the title.,Cesaro loses at EC.Swagger starts thinking he's better than Cesaro.Cesaro wins a #1 contender match after Swagger tried to distract him he snaps and beats him up.I know Cesaro will/would bring prestige back to the title for real.Cesaro is great in the ring,decent on the mic and can entertain fans unlike failed experiments like Big E,or failed careers like The Miz,Wade Barrett,and Jack Swagger,and legends with somewhat failed careers like Christian.If Cesaro wins the title at WrestleMania is would be Best For Business.He could win the title hold on to it until MITB.I think him and Bray should win MITB.I also think the person he should drop the title to should be to someone who it is not too late for like Fandango or Ryback and if he doesn't drop it to either he should drop it to Rollins.And at Summerslam as I read on here have a title unification match Rollins vs Ambrose vs Ryback vs Cesaro .The rest of the Summerslam card could give us Reigns vs Triple H,Bryan vs Cena vs Batista for the WWE hvt. title,Orton vs Big E. (Just push him to the main event scene as like a Show,Henry,Mysterio,Kane type of guy like upper mid-card/main eventer.)

I don't think he should since his reign is still relatively new. However, I think a long-term feud over the IC title between the two would be good for the both of them.

I just think right now with it being Wrestlemania season, the title isn't prioritized like it needs to be. Even if Swagger was champ, the belt wouldn't be elevated. Like I said earlier a long term feud would be ideal to bring some prestige back to the title. When's the last time anybody said they want to win the IC title?

I don't think he should since his reign is still relatively new.

True, but on the other hand, we already know him.....we know both these guys well. We've watched them receive pushes as singles and not really catch on, we've watched them team in an effort to spur interest in a couple of guys who can really bring it in the ring but don't inspire much with their overall personae. We also watched as they took on a manager to make up for their difficulties on the mic. So far, so good.

Now, the group is apparently breaking up, although as yet it doesn't seem to be a Shield or Prime Time Players-type thing in which there's acrimony among the teammates. But if there are plans to have Cesaro and Swagger battle it out, some bad feelings are going to built, right?

It's ironic, though; two guys who couldn't get over on their own fighting it out for a minor title. To gain our interest, they had to join together in order to bust apart .....if this program proves interesting, which it hopefully will.

I'd rather see WWE give Big E some time. Considering that he's been used in a limited capacity for the past month or so, Big E's ultimately done the best he can with what he's been given. He's not being buried like Barrett was at this time last year, thankfully, so I think that things could get back to normal in the post WrestleMania season for him.

I'm very much against Swagger winning just to drop it to Cesaro at WrestleMania XXX. Isn't that part of what people have been bitching about for so many years? That titles don't mean anything anymore because of such short and meaningless reigns? In this case, it's nothing more than hope that Cesaro will be pushed to the moon as IC champ with Swagger serving as a transitional champion. Given that Swagger lost clean to Daniel Bryan on SD! last night in about 5 minutes, it seems pretty obvious that Swagger won't beat Langston. Also, given that Cesaro has taken guys like Bryan, Orton & Cena to the limit in the past several weeks, it's not really as if Jack Swagger comes across like he's on Cesaro's level at the moment.

If WWE has any plans for Cesaro to be IC champ, I'd rather it come about at some point during the summer in which both he & Langston have gotten strong builds in the post WrestleMania season.

Personally, I think Cesaro has gone above being in the IC title status quo as it is at this point.

If the IC title can get a valuable feud between Swagger and Big E, which was started by Zeb talking loads in Big E's Handicap match on RAW, then I wouldn't mind Swagger winning the title at Elimination Chamber, with Big E being screwed somehow.
That could set the wheels in motion for a lengthy IC title programme on the Road to Wrestlemania between Big E and the Real Americans,Swagger in particular.

Cesaro needs to be having a programme with a Main Eventer going into Wrestlemania,lMO.
Even a cheap One-on-One feud with Sheamus would be a welcome one. It gives Cesaro something to do at a time when both him and even Sheamus might be lost in the shuffle of what could be the Biggest WM event ever.

As Mustang Sally wrote in her thread; the lines between Face and Heels are blurred. In a feud between Sheamus and Cesaro, Cesaro even though he is heel would still get cheers because his work in the ring is something people are loving at this time. Make the feud in a way that Sheamus maybe, receives the Giant Swing in the Chamber, and is humiliated by it. He attacks/calls out Cesaro in order to regain his pride the night after, and from there the feud can begin. It would give them both something to do, keeping them in a higher level feud than an IC programme would be and top it off with a Good Match at Wrestlemania.
Of course, as said for Swagger, the Real Americans would stay together as a team, Stable-like, but both guys would focus on Singles feuds with Zeb managing both like he is doing now.

Job Done.
Then Post-WM, with the Part-Timers and Nostalgia acts moving away, they wouldn't have to be bringing a Cesaro or a Sheamus who were forgotten on the Road to Wrestlemania back with Zero Momentum and have to build them up again.

The Post-WM Main Event Scene should look like this if handled properly:

John Cena
Batista
Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton
Sheamus
Cesaro

Big Show
Mark Henry
Alberto Del Rio

Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt would be the two guys being built during the year as Future staple Main Eventers. At some point, if the Shield completely splits, then Ambrose and Rollins can be given a push sometime down the line, when the Reigns and Bray projects are near completion, lMO.

....CM Punk?? If he returns, then he can also be a Staple Main Eventer again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back