• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Scott Steiner earn a Send-Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are seriously underrating how big of a name Steiner was in his heyday. He's not simply the abysmal Big Poppa Pump, he was a good draw internationally from the US to Japan, and he was known as being among the most elite in-ring performers of his era. He's held world titles, why the hell doesn't he deserve a minor send-off? Nobody is saying dedicate an entire episode of Impact to him, but shit, the man's been in this business for over two decades and his done very well in it, and deserves a segment to send him off. What would you rather see, the latest Cody Deaner promo, or a farewell to a legend like Scott Steiner? Yes, that's right, I said legend.

To be honest, I don't really know. There are two different eras of Scott Steiner's career. To start off with, he and his brother formed one of the best tag teams of the late 80s and first half of the 90s. Scott was a much better in-ring competitor in those days. I thought the FrankenSteiner was a great move, I'd never seen it before and it just worked. Both had a legitimate backgrounds in athletics, both had good amateur skills and a flashy move just sort of completed it.

Then, in the mid-90s, Steiner really started going nuts with steroids and built his body, particularly his arms, to cartoonish proportions. In many ways, Big Poppa Pump was a rip off of Superstar Billy Graham's gimmick, just without the tie-dyed attire. At this point, Steiner really sucked in the ring. I hated watching his matches and still do to this day. This is one wine that's turned to vinegar as he certainly hasn't gotten better with age.

I really don't know. I know he's a big name, he's well known and he has done some pretty good things many years ago during his career. I say give him some sort of send off but don't make a huge deal about it.

Anyone who spends over 20 years at the top of the business deserves a send off. I don't care if it's Hacksaw Jim Duggan. He put in the time, he was successful, and he was half of unarguably one of the best tag teams of all time. His body is junk, he sacrificed being able to sit down in a chair properly for this business. There's not going to be one day for the rest of his life that he won't feel pain. I think we can sacrifice a little TV time to give back to the man a little bit. I don't care if you like him or not, you have to respect a man who sacrificed having a normal life for the business and the fans.

I think Steiner should be given a sendoff, because of who he is and what he has achieved in Wrestling.

He isn't the Wrestler he was 10 or even 5 years ago, and he built up one of the worst backstage reputations of all time.

It upsets me to see what the Steroids have done to his body, and you can see the pain on his face when he wrestles, but he still plays his character well, but you can tell it is hard for him.

But I am still a big Steiner fan (both of them), and what younger Tag Team can say that they weren't influenced by the Steiner Brothers somewhere down the road?

As Big Poppa Pump, I thought that was a great character, and still do.

He took the Billy Graham gimmick and made it his own.

Like most people have said, he isn't at the level of Ric Flair or Sting, but it would be quite amiss to let him go without acknowledging what he has accomplished in Wrestling over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back