Scott Steiner Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
TNAwrestling.com is reporting that Scott Steiner underwent surgery in Birmingham, Alabama on Tuesday afternoon to repair a fully-torn ACL in his knee. The surgery was performed by Dr. James Andrews. Steiner was injured in the main event match at Sacrifice against Samoa Joe and Kaz. After the event Steiner had an MRI done, but the test was incomplete due to the amount of swelling. Steiner worked through the pain, and was to have a scope done on his knee Tuesday, when the ACL tear was discovered. According to Dr. Andrews, Steiner could be out anywhere from four to six months.

I think its safe to say Scott Steiner's career is coming to a close. This will mark the second big injury in as many years, I do believe. The first was to his throat, (again, I believe) and now an ACL tear that will keep Steiner out of action for close Six monthes.

While Scott Steiner's career wasn't exactly high profile in T.N.A. recently, I question whether or not this injury will actually effect Petey Williams' career. As Williams would seemingly drop back to "nothing" without Scott Steiner.

Furthermore, where does this leave Abyss? While I understand a one month only feud with Scott isn't going to be missed.. the fact is, I assumed T.N.A. was building something to that. I could be wrong, likely am. I'm sure Abyss will be fine and end up feuding with Tomko, or another big man.

In closing, hopefully when Steiner returns he can still be used in some meaningful manner, other than trying to create a mini-pump. I know its highly unlikely he'll ever become World Champion in T.N.A., but I guess I'm crazy in thinking he could still put on some decent matches against the likes of Kurt Angle and Booker T. Thats why I'm hoping when he returns, they allow him to attempt going for the World Heavyweight Championship, as I would no doubt assume either Angle or Booker would be in that spot within 6 monthes.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Steiner injury? What do you think will happen to Petey Williams? Do you feel Scott should even return? If/When he does, how do you feel he should be used? Discuss...

This is really bad for good old Scotty Steiner. I personally like the guy and think he adds another element to the show. Maybe not that of a top guy in the company role but a useful one nonetheless.

As for Petey Williams, I think he will do just fine without him. I personally liked him better without Scott as his mentor/bully. I think it would be safe to assume that they would've ended up fueding in the long run with Petey actually going over him. Which wouldve helped but Petey doesnt need it as he is a life long X-Division guy.

I also think his career is coming to a close and he should realize this. He should spend what litle time left trying to help the younger guys get a rub in the sport of professional wrestling. With that being said I hope Scott recovers well and makes a return. Albeit a short return.

Awww crap that sucks, he's like one of the few reasons I watch wrestling :(

Anyway HOPEFULLY he'll have a great recovery, and come back for a great last run, and at least work as a manager or do small stuff while healing up.

And to people saying he should only work to give young people a rub.. C'MON! Scott Steiner is the biggest veteran who last years have given MOST rubs to young people out of ANY veteran. Scott deserves a huge last run before he hangs up his boots for good.

According to tnawrestling.com he'll be back for sure so I'm not worried, I think they will give him a good run, he if ANYONE deserves it

I like Steiner. But it's no loss. TNA might want you to believe that he's worthy of main eventing a PPV. But he's not. Kaz was more credible in that main event than he was. In Steiners time in TNA he's had one good singles match. That was against Joe. And it was exactly where it should be, in the middle of the card.

He's finished. He has been for yeasr. WCW closed 7 years ago. He was washed up then. So now he's nothing. Capable of having the occasional ok match. But most poor wrestlers are. The sad thing is that fans won't remember Scott for his Steiner Bros run. They'll remember him has the slow, injury prone, maroon underwear wearing wrestler from WWE in 2003.

The thing about Scott is I know he's not the greatest performer out there, but I am just drawn to him he entertains me, and I would like to see him return to TNA. A couple more high profile fueds, put a few more people over, what have you got to lose, hope to see him back as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back