Should Professional Wrestling Hold A Yearly Primetime Awards Show?

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
After watching the Inaugural NFL Honors Award Show this year, it got me thinking... would you like to see all of professional wrestling (WWE, TNA, etc.) come together as a community one night a year in a multi-hour show in which awards are given out based on the year's performance? It'd be sort of like the Oscars for pro wrestling. They could have the whole red-carpet pre-show and everything.

Now, I know it's not very feasible. Probably not many celebs would want to dole out the awards, it probably wouldn't get a good TV deal, and then there's the whole "who would run it" thing. So, I understand it's not very feasible, but I think it would be cool. I mean, a lot of big awards shows started off small at one point or another. Look at the Razzies- they were held in a guy's house for the first few years. And as for who would run it- I'm not so sure... it would probably have to be a third-party organization of some kind (PWI maybe?). But as for who would vote on the awards- that'd be pro wrestling writers, just like how AP writers vote on the NFL awards.

I don't know, I'm just throwing this idea around... my question is, would anyone else like to see this, and if so, how would you like it to be done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back