Should NXT have its own Wrestlemania?

QBall111

Occasional Pre-Show
After being in the stadium for Wrestlemania 32 which was a complete mess with staffing that we didn't get to our seats from the moment we entered the stadium thirty minutes into the preshow all the way to two minutes before Mania actually began plus the bad writing that made the card underwhelming should Wrestlemania be restructured to feature more NXT stars and matches with little focus on the main roster? NXT put on a phenomenal show in Dallas and totally beat Mania in my opinion. Plus right now NXT is on fire with the fans. It has more wrestling than the main roster so should NXT Takeover Wrestlemania and utilize main roster guys who are getting huge pops like AJ Styles or ones who moved up like Owens, Zayn, and then maybe throw in ones like Cesaro ?

Yes. I made an old post a long time ago about how NXT should have an "NXTMania" show. They can also throw in NXT alumni to stack the card and get some dream matches, the same way WWE uses part-timers at WrestleMania.

I don't think it should be during WrestleMania weekend though, and I would rather they do it in December right before the Rumble. Like that, whoever is getting called up can have one last last big NXTMania match before starting off on the Road to WrestleMania.

I think they should. I don't think it should be on mania weekend though. It should be on the Summerslam time-frame I think.

I've always thought that WWE should make summerslam bigger than it is. They may not get 100k people there, but is there no reason they can't put Summerslam in an arena that can hold like 50k people? It's supposed to be their second biggest event, but it's the same size as the rest of the PPVs throughout the year.

Also NXT succeeds on something WWE has been failing it for ages now. NXT Takeover's DO NOT rely on superstars from the past to sell their show, it's ALL new talent into the company and are focused on creating new stars. The most they do is show legends in the crowd here to watch the show, which is EXACTLY how it should be, because they aren't apart of the show.

If they ever do a bigger Takeover I hope it stays how they are doing it now. The ONLY thing I wish that they would do for the Takeovers is have alternate stage setups. Like back in the day how each PPV would have a different stage, with Takeovers (or atleast the bigger ones) being like 3 months apart, I think they really could invest in this idea - and could even get some of the older fans back due to more diversity like the old days.

I'd consider the Takeover during Wrestlemania weekend as NXT's WM event. They could do a little tweaking and have it in a bigger arena and have the name of the event changed to make it that one special, huge event for NXT. Call it NXT Conquest or something, at least it will stand out more than just another Takeover.

WCW had Starrcade. ECW had November To Remember. TNA has Bound For Glory. ROH has Final Battle. NXT should have their own flagship event, just like the NCAA has the National Championship games for their respective sports.

Originally, I thought that NXT Takeover (insert name of city that is hosting WrestleMania) was good enough, but I see the reasoning behind it having to stand out from the rest of the Takeover name. With as NXT’s first special named NXT Arrival, and NXT’s subsequent specials named NXT Takeover, I think NXT Conquer sounds like just the name for this event.

It's "The Grandest Stage Of Them All But One"!!
It's "The Showcase Of The Mortals Trying To Become Immortal"!!
It's "The Son-In-Law Of Them All"!!
It's "The Pre-Show Of Pre-Shows"!!
Its NXT Conquer!!

NXT's Better than Wrestlemania would be the best name, as it would also be 100% true.

I think there's a real danger to having "The Show", actually, and that NXT, in a world where every other promotion has "The Show" might do well to avoid it. I think we all saw the problem with a promotion having a single show designated the biggest one at WrestleMania 32. If WrestleMania 32 (edited down to threeish hours, of course) had been literally any other PPV, I think we'd be talking about it as a great show. But the expectations for it were so high because the hype for WrestleMania is just off the charts, that it came across as a massive letdown. And what conspired against Mania 32? Largely in some ways lack of talent due to injuries, largely in other ways due to booking issues. NXT, though, is doubly susceptible to losing talent - not only can their talent be injured, they can also be called up at a moment's notice. What if, a few months ahead of Super Takeover, a talent was called up? How willing are people really going to be to be double booked for a long period of time? Probably not very. Furthermore, NXT is as susceptible to bad booking as anybody - even Takeover Dallas, an excellent show, has had some (myself included) a little underwhelmed at the booking. Takeover Dallas was amazing, but if it had been Super Takeover, and the Joe/Balor match had gone down as the main event the way it did? I think I'd be pretty disappointed, actually.

The obvious upside to "The Show" is that when you deliver, people are doubly satisfied. But, I, personally like that for NXT, any Takeover can be "The Show". You don't have to raise or lower your expectations because it's a B-PPV or because it isn't Super Takeover - it's just Takeover, and they're always great. NXT has found a formula that really works and I don't think chasing some mythical yearly Supershow just for the sake of having it is smart.

No...nxt is the minor leagues and should be treated as such.

The nxt wrestlers will get their chance if they are good enough and when they are on the main roster. Look at Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha...they are doing just fine.

The question posed in the title differs question(s) in the original post. The title asks should NXT have their own WrestleMania. Then the actual post suggest that NXT become the focal point of WrestleMania. In either case I say no.

Using the Takeover distinction keeps each NXT special on an equal playing field of importance. Fans know they can expect the absolute best when they attending a Takeover event. Be it Brooklyn, London, Dallas or anywhere on the globe. Knowing that each event is carefully built and meaningful is something fans do not get with the Raw/SmackDown roster.

As for the idea of NXT taking over WrestleMania, are you kidding me? There is no way this would ever work. NXT caters to a niche fan base. While that fan base is very passionate and loyal they simple can't support an event like WrestleMania. WrestleMania is booked as variety event to satisfy the needs of the collective fans.

I have always wondered why they don't have NXT matches on WWE PPVs.

For example, why, at NOC each year, is the NXT Title, NXT Women's Title. and NXT Tag-Team Title not defended?

So, my answer is "No", I don't think NXT should have their own "Wrestlemania" because there should be two or three NXT matches and storylines at Wrestlemania itself, and let some of these people experience a 100,000 crowd on the biggest stage of all.

Charlotte v Becky v Sasha was the first WM for all three ex-NXT Divas, and they outshone everyone. So why not have had this match the previous year when they were actually on NXT as well.

You could even have NXT guys in the WWE IC Title ladder match, like Finn Balor, for example.

WM 32 had an NXT flavor to it, with three NXT Divas fighting for the Women's Title, and an NXT guy winning the "Andre Battle Royal".

I say to include them in the mix, and let them be part of the bigger show, at least for the "Big 4".

So, I say, have combined WWE/NXT PPV's going forward.

I actually enjoy NXT being it's own promotion, I wouldn't be against main roster talents working an NXT show to "flesh out" the card so to speak but on the other hand, I assume that's why they've brought in the likes of Austin Aries and Bobby Roode perhaps, guys who are veterans to add a bit of star power and veteran expertise to the roster.

I think having NXT matches on main roster PPV's devalues the NXT product to an extent. I went to a live event last year that had Neville vs Balor for the NXT championship as the opening match, which is good for the live setting but still made them seem like bottom of the card guys. I think someone who has been NXT champion should be considered at least an upper midcarder on the main roster like Owens is.

NXT has Takeover, and that's fine. You don't think those NXT wrestlers who were competing in Dallas weren't treating that show as their Wrestlemania anyway? I mean realistically, Takeover Dallas was NXT's Wrestlemania.

If OP means a 4 hour show in packed stadiums, with the moniker "Takeover: Mania" or whatever, than I'd say no. Two and a half hour NXT events are absolutely perfect in my opinion. NXT can easily sell out larger arenas if WWE chooses to "expand", don't think they don't know that. There's a reason they keep the venues and crowd numbers small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back