Shinsuke Nakamura's NXT Debut

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE has officially announced that former New Japan Pro Wrestling star Shinsuke Nakamura will make his debut for NXT at NXT TakeOver: Dallas, which takes place on April 1st as part of WrestleMania weekend.

Of the various Bullet Club members who've signed with WWE, the latest reports seem to indicate that Nakamura is the only one headed to NXT whereas Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson will be heading to the main roster; and, of course, AJ Styles made his debut at the Royal Rumble Sunday.

I'm guessing this is being done mostly to see how well Nakamura makes the transition from the Japanese to the American style. I've read that Nakamura speaks English very well, so that'll be a major plus for him heading into things. Just a guess: Nakamura will be in NXT for most of the post WrestleMania season and, depending on how well things go, may have his main roster debut at SummerSlam.

You beat me to making the thread!
But I am so excited for this. I couldn't make it to NXT Takeover Dallas, but I will for sure be watching this one live.
Also he is fighting the first guy I really loved in NXT, Sami Zayn.
My hopes may be a little high! Nothing wrong with that though. Hopefully I am not let down.

I also feel Summerslam would be a nice place for him to debut. I really hope nothing goes wrong on this one :D

Of the various Bullet Club members who've signed with WWE, the latest reports seem to indicate that Nakamura is the only one headed to NXT whereas Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson will be heading to the main roster; and, of course, AJ Styles made his debut at the Royal Rumble Sunday.

Nakamura its not part of the bullet club.

Now onto the matter, super excited, one of my fav wrestlers is coming to nxt/wwe. Lets hope wwe dont screw this up, they have gold in their hands.

I'm guessing this is being done mostly to see how well Nakamura makes the transition from the Japanese to the American style.

I think its more of a case of them knowing he will immeadiately appeal to the NXT audience big time, which will help get the larger main stream American audience familiar with him.

Its tough to come up with much to say other than im beyond pumped he is going to a brand were he will be immeadiately treated as a demigod, and his initial match is reported to be with the best seller/flip flopper in the business, Sami Zayn.

On a similar note to NorCal, the first thing that came to mind when I heard who Nakamura's opponent would be was, "Jesus, I hope Sami doesn't get hurt too bad." One imagines this will be Sami's farewell to NXT; one final masterpiece; a passing of the torch to man four years his senior. Hyped doesn't begin to cover it.

let be honest, this last wave of well known wrestlers that wwe has signed, they kept their names, starting with Joe, then James Storm (even tho he left), Austin Aries, AJ, im sure that shinzuke will still be shinzuke nakamura, or in a worst case scenario, he will be just Nakamura

I am really excited about Shinsuke Nakamura's debut in NxT at NxT Takeover: Dallas. And Sami Zayn is just the perfect choice for Nakamura to go over in his debut match. As someone said above, this will surely be the last match of Sami Zayn in NxT.

As for Sami, I think he will debut on main roster on Post-Wrestlemania Raw most probably because WWE has a habit for surprises after Wrestlemania & Summerslam! Sami can surely re-initiate his feud with Kevin Owens at main roster.

:devil:

But weren't they like this with KENTA, Kana and Devitt? I'm not certain, I don't often visit their website. But yeah I hate it when they change names. I've only just started to like the name Finn Balor lol

Look at their latest big acquisitions though: Samoa Joe and AJ Styles; same name; same gimmicks; even the same ring attire. Even Kevin Owens is just Kevin Steen with a different surname. Fucking James Storm got to keep his name. Asuka obviously changed her name but let's not pretend she had the same pre-existing reputation with WWE fans as Nakamura has. It would be very surprising if Nakamura debuted with a name change.

So I'm not a regular NJPW watcher but I did see Styles Vs. Nakamura at the last PPV to see what all the hype about him was and I liked what I saw but it really made me wonder if his style and personality would fit into the WWE. I hate saying this but I honestly don't see too much for the guy in the WWE.

So I'm not a regular NJPW watcher but I did see Styles Vs. Nakamura at the last PPV to see what all the hype about him was and I liked what I saw but it really made me wonder if his style and personality would fit into the WWE. I hate saying this but I honestly don't see too much for the guy in the WWE.
That's why he's going to NXT when Styles as well as Gallows & Anderson have gone or are going right to the main roster. To let him acclimate to the WWE style as it will be totally new to him.

As for his personality it's exactly what WWE needs. That over the top charismatic performer who can tear the house down inside the ring.

As for his debut I've yet to order the WWE network or watch any NXT takeover special but the fact that this is where they're having him debut, during WrestleMania season against one of the fan favorites in Sami Zayn has me all sorts of excited and seriously considering getting the network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back