Should Hogan bring back Super x cup finals

tarzan2490

Dark Match Winner
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_X_Cup_Tournaments < if your new to tna thats the link to read about it.

"TNA has hosted X Cup Tournaments in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 and 2008. The 2003 and 2005 featured Super X Cup Tournaments, where the winners were determined by one-on-one matches. 2004 and 2006 featured Team X Cup Tournaments (America's X Cup/World X Cup), where Teams from around the World competed for their respective countries."

"TNA has worked with Border City Wrestling, Asistencia Asesoría y Administración, and New Japan Pro Wrestling for their X Cup Tournaments. In the past, Team USA has represented both the National Wrestling Alliance and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling as its own promotion. Team USA, Team Mexico, and Team Canada have been the most prominent Teams in the past X Cup Tournaments."

The Tournament was based on the best styles around the world, between Japan, Canada, USA, and other places. It was show-cased as the "Olympics" for TNA. And I beleive it did a hell of a job, I mean look back on it on youtube and the fans loved the diffrent styles.

This was honestly what I thought helped boost up the X-division and I think could have a chance of saving it. I mean with Hulk Hogan being the "American Hero" he could have a run in it, be a judge anything. I mean I miss the x-division...its what got me to watch TNA every wensday and till now.

I Just want to know your guys thoughts on if its a good idea??? or not.

i liked all except for the one before last, it is a good idea to do, it showcases unsigned or top talent from other orgs which may lead to there eventually signing with tna.....from past x-cups...hecter garza,teddy hart, all of team canada(williams,roode,young,devine) were givin contracts based off their performances. doug williams caught the eye of tna in the last one and tna also offered alex koslov a contract but he prefered to stay in mexico

garza was released after crossing the boarder and getting caught with steroids

hart was released due to getting into a fight with the one the only c.m. manson OH II MEAN punk

I think the concept has run its course. I understand the idea of bringing in guys from other areas and also giving TNA guys to attempt to sign, but I think they have a full roster as is. Some of their big names, such as Samoa Joe, couldnt even get on the last PPV, and was MIA from tv as well. Theres just too many guys in TNA right now for them to bring in more "outsiders"(no pun intended), over the course of weeks and have them take away significant chunks of the show from the wrestlers we tune in to currently see. Not saying it wasnt enjoyable, but I dont think its the direction TNA is looking to go in(nor should they be) right now.

I think the concept has run its course. I understand the idea of bringing in guys from other areas and also giving TNA guys to attempt to sign, but I think they have a full roster as is. Some of their big names, such as Samoa Joe, couldnt even get on the last PPV, and was MIA from tv as well. Theres just too many guys in TNA right now for them to bring in more "outsiders"(no pun intended), over the course of weeks and have them take away significant chunks of the show from the wrestlers we tune in to currently see. Not saying it wasnt enjoyable, but I dont think its the direction TNA is looking to go in(nor should they be) right now.

once they trim the fat so to speak it could work...... it could give kiyoshi(sp?) one final run in the company and bring in some other stars..... if they could land kenta,marufuji,kaz hiyoshi and team them up wit kiyoshi not only does that make a STRONG and popular team japan(which it seems tna wants to have a connection with japan with them doing wrestlekingdom events) it also allows tna to let kiyoshi go and return to japan and make him one of the upper jr's.

With the possibility of the all X-Division PPV coming I highly doubt it. It was a GREAT concept then but with the "transition" TNA is in right now I dont think it would be smart to even try to pull it off. TNA is giving us so many angles and stories it would get lost in the shuffle.

With the possibility of the all X-Division PPV coming I highly doubt it. It was a GREAT concept then but with the "transition" TNA is in right now I dont think it would be smart to even try to pull it off. TNA is giving us so many angles and stories it would get lost in the shuffle.

im curious how this x-divison ppv will work...whats gonna be the main event, how many gimmick matchs will there be ect ect ect....... if there gonna do this they should build a strong champion(daniels?) and have a credible opponnet to challenge him.... currently the division can not handle a ppv all themselves...its alot weaker than when it was in its glory day if we go down the rostor :

aj's out, joes out...2 of the 3 biggest x-divison names

williams is the champ but hes yet to really showcase his talent on a pure 1 on 1 basis

daniels was in a program with morley but now mia

lethal has become a joke, creed hasnt had a singles match in awhile

kiyoshi is a joke, kendrick hasnt done much except steal the win from mcmg last week, mcmg are a team,gen me is a team, and red has been booked wrong.....

its the wrong time to pull the trigger on this ppv, they need to restart the whole division, add a tag division in it......genme vs mcmg was EASILY the best match that night on impact and proved a tag division in that division would bring the house down...... once the intial programs of hogans era are done, trim fat sign some of the top jr's from roh/czw...even with 5 pure teams the division could possibly look like

mcmg
genme
american wolves
briscos
rukus/sabin

if they had those solid teams then bring in teams from mexico japan....just wow

wow. i was just reading about how destination x was going to be an all x division ppv, and my first reaction was "they may as well put the x cup on ppv"

i would love to see a x cup revival. particularly the world x cup. hogan is unique in his ability to attract great talent from the four corners of the globe. if we could see hogan's (and bischoff's, for that matter) considerable talent for promotion really get behind this, it could easily be, far and away, the best x cup ever. it might even draw some ratings for impact!

however, i do not see hogan being party to such a thing. such the pity.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, since WCW loved using the cruiserweights, but I'm worried it will be a World (Hogan) X Cup, and be done in his image, and not the image it was intended for. It showcased a lot of really good international talent, and put the best of TNA's X Division on display.

I'd look forward to watching it, but it would take a lot for me to be impressed with it.

As much as I would like for it to come back, I have to say no.It was good while it lasted but now it would be pushing it. TNA needs to push the X Division instead of focusing on all the heavyweights.

Though anyone remember the 2003 Super X Cup Finals between Juventud Guerra and Chris Sabin.That was legendary.If you havent I recomend you do.

No. It wasn't interesting then and it wouldn't be interesting now. Fans don't like some complicated scoring system with guys they've never heard of. Just go out there and jump around doing flips. WCW NAILED the Cruiserweights to put it mildly. The country thing means nothing as it's not like it's a real competition or anything. Why over complicate things like this? Keep it simple. That works as well as anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back