• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should HHH win The WWE title / Do you Even Want him to?

Should Triple H win the WWE Title?

• Yes, and have a long title reign

• yes, but only for a short title reign

• NO!

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
It was announced tonight that HHH vs Daniel bryan's match at WM XXX will be a #1 Contendership match. Whoever wins joins Batista and Orton.

If HHH beats Bryan or if he is inserted in the match somehow...... Should he become WWE champion? Do you want to see him become the second undisputed champion again / 14 time champion?

Im a BIG HHH fan but I feel his presence is not necessary on this match. Putting over Bryan either by Pinfall or Submission is more than enough.
That said we've had part timers become WWE champion without even being on Raw every week or house shows

Thoughts?

Yeah I don't think and certainly don't want HHH to be anywhere close to a title match ever again. I like trips as a performer but his best days are behind him, get out of the way for the future in Daniel Bryan.

This is an interesting stipulation. However, I don't see how HHH becomes part of the main event. If he does, it'll be a triple threat with three heels, which is pretty much not happening. It's just a ploy to try and keep the crowd guessing. I have no doubt that Bryan will win and join the main event at Wrestlemania XXX.

You should have a option for "Don't think it'll happen, shouldn't happen, but would be pretty sweet if it did". I'm a huge Triple H mark I always hope he'll win some more championship gold and while it would be sweet if he did I see no way this happens and I see no reason why it should. The writing is on the wall for Bryan to win it and I think that's the way they go and if Triple H wins I don't see any good coming out of it. However, back in November I sort of wrote a few posts fantasy booking how Triple H could have won it back then. I'll elaborate on that now:

Remember back then when Triple H was always saying how he was disappointed in Orton and how he couldn't get the job done? I always thought that in one of those matches Triple H should have inserted himself in the match and won the title. Orton had been losing to Bryan fairly frequently and hadn't been able to pin him clean that's when Triple H could have said fuck it since you aren't getting the job done I have to. It would have eventually led to Triple H dropping the belt to Bryan either at the Rumble so that he wouldn't have to Wrestle in the chamber, or book his Authority members in the chamber with him so he easily wins then drops the belt to Bryan at Mania. That's how I would have given the belt to Trips for his "farewell run" with the belt and given Bryan his big moment. I think that's the best way and at this point it's too late for them to give Triple H the belt and the time is right to pull the trigger on Bryan because can't go wrong with thousands of people all chanting Yes as Daniel Bryan hoists up the WWEWHC belts and pyro going off and what not.

If he did win they could pull off a Vince/Austin like storyline with HHH/Bryan. I think it could be interesting.

Triple H won't be in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania. They will not have 3 heels in the same match. Triple H doesn't need to be in the title picture. Daniel Bryan will be in the championship match at WrestleMania. This doesn't mean he will win the title. Vince said himself that he wants 80,000 strong chanting yes! at WrestleMania and as long as Daniel Bryan beats Triple H, he will definitely get that. That is all he needs.

Triple H won't be in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania. They will not have 3 heels in the same match. Triple H doesn't need to be in the title picture. Daniel Bryan will be in the championship match at WrestleMania. This doesn't mean he will win the title. Vince said himself that he wants 80,000 strong chanting yes! at WrestleMania and as long as Daniel Bryan beats Triple H, he will definitely get that. That is all he needs.

Unfortunately, that's the way I see it as well. Personally, I really think Bryan has earned the WWEWHC win at WM30, but I can imagine WWE going this route: Bryan beats Triple H, Vince gets his stadium of YES-chants, and in the main event, Bryan doesn't win (maybe because the first match with Trips "took too much out of him", saving his face), and the WWEWHC instead goes to Batista, as was the plan all along I suppose, setting up a feud between Bryan & Batista, maybe leading all the way up to Summerslam even.

Still, I'm crossing my fingers for D-Bry to walk out with the big one at WM30 ;)

Unfortunately, that's the way I see it as well. Personally, I really think Bryan has earned the WWEWHC win at WM30, but I can imagine WWE going this route: Bryan beats Triple H, Vince gets his stadium of YES-chants, and in the main event, Bryan doesn't win (maybe because the first match with Trips "took too much out of him", saving his face), and the WWEWHC instead goes to Batista, as was the plan all along I suppose, setting up a feud between Bryan & Batista, maybe leading all the way up to Summerslam even.

Still, I'm crossing my fingers for D-Bry to walk out with the big one at WM30 ;)

Can see where you're coming from, but surely even in terms of the massive YES chant the WWE could foresee a greater payoff if Bryan wins the title at WM.

Bryan won't win clean. It'll be by dq. In main event Bryan
Will be assisted by Austin,punk or hbk to take the title.
How ever. If triple h wins I think he will win the title.
Then lose to sting. Be part of stings deal. Sting will be stripped.
Bryan will gain it back in tournament. Sting won't lose till
He fights taker

the unification of the titles hasn't been good as expected by the authority. And Hunter should become a face again for a certain period.
it would be good for him for a future HOF run

Beating Daniel Bryan and winning the WWE Title at Mania will give Triple H LEGIT NUCLEAR HEAT.

This will be Vince attitude era, Die Rocky Die, Vickie Excuse me and Hogan turning heel heat rolled into one big ball.

Beating Daniel Bryan and winning the WWE Title at Mania will give Triple H LEGIT NUCLEAR HEAT.

This will be Vince attitude era, Die Rocky Die, Vickie Excuse me and Hogan turning heel heat rolled into one big ball.

Haha, yeah I guess that's true, nice comparison. ;)

But, come to think of it... This stipulation for HHH makes zero sense.

Because whereas with the stipulation of Daniel Bryan getting a shot in the main event if he beats Triple H made sense from a storyline perspective, Triple H's stipulation doesn't.

After all, Triple H is the AUTHORITY. It made sense two weeks ago, when Daniel Bryan and the YES-movement "provoked" him and kept on pushing Trips and Steph "to the edge", until HHH "lost his cool" and agreed to anything Bryan wanted. That makes some sense.

But why would Triple H include a stipulation where he needed to beat Bryan to also advance to the main event of WM30? He's the freaking boss, he makes the freaking matches in the first place - he could just add himself to the main event, regardless of whether he even fights Bryan, defeats him or loses to him.

I mean, it sure adds a little additional potential intrigue to the Bryan/HHH match... but it really wasn't necessary, and doesn't really make sense.

I think this was just a tactic to throw out a "hmm maybe Bryan won't win" scenario. When HHH announced his match against Bryan, it was terribly predictable.

Now you add this in the mix. Maybe Bryan wins, maybe HHH wins. Maybe it becomes a fatal fourway. It adds more questions than answers and takes that predictability out of the equation. Or at least it's not as high as it was a week ago.

Haha, yeah I guess that's true, nice comparison. ;)

But, come to think of it... This stipulation for HHH makes zero sense.

Because whereas with the stipulation of Daniel Bryan getting a shot in the main event if he beats Triple H made sense from a storyline perspective, Triple H's stipulation doesn't.

After all, Triple H is the AUTHORITY. It made sense two weeks ago, when Daniel Bryan and the YES-movement "provoked" him and kept on pushing Trips and Steph "to the edge", until HHH "lost his cool" and agreed to anything Bryan wanted. That makes some sense.

But why would Triple H include a stipulation where he needed to beat Bryan to also advance to the main event of WM30? He's the freaking boss, he makes the freaking matches in the first place - he could just add himself to the main event, regardless of whether he even fights Bryan, defeats him or loses to him.

I mean, it sure adds a little additional potential intrigue to the Bryan/HHH match... but it really wasn't necessary, and doesn't really make sense.

It makes complete sense. Triple H is an egomaniac with a temper. He has a wife that adored him as champion. He has the power to insert himself anywhere he wants. Orton and Batista were being annoying and thankless for what HHH feels he has done for them, HHH reacted.

I'm not sure how much more it needed to be spelled out.

As far as the matches go I expect Bryan to win both but what I want to see is Bryan and HHH go the distance and carry their match in to the title match making it a fatal four way. Evolution against Bryan. HHH sneakily pins Orton. Bryan pulls out a pin on Batista and then we are left where we started. Bryan makes HHH tap.

If HHH does win the title though it won't be a bad thing. It means in the future someone is going to take the title off of him and that's usually a cool moment.

Woof, 21 votes? This is one of the biggest turnouts for a Wrestlezone poll I've ever seen.

Yeah, I honestly don't want HHH to be inserted into the main event. But, I recognize how this stipulation is part of good storytelling.

The obvious assumption for who would win the match, even for people who hate Daniel Bryan, was that Daniel Bryan would win. It would be VERY stupid for him to lose if the only stipulation involved with the match was that Daniel Bryan would be in the main event. Now that Daniel Bryan and HHH have a chance at the main event, they both have something significant to fight over.

The finish of raw sealed it, Daniel Bryan is still the face that they're putting all of their chips on to sell Wrestlemania. I'm confident that the WWE will go with Daniel Bryan winning by pinning or submitting Batista, and that will cause Batista and Orton to feud for as long as Batista is around. HHH is back to his old self again, and I think he's more entertaining for it.

It means in the future someone is going to take the title off of him and that's usually a cool moment.

Well, that's true, of course. If they want someone to lift the belt in decisive fashion from Triple H, that would be a reason to put the belt on him in the first place. After all, a 3-way is rarely the best way to establish someone as a new champion since it can involve a scenario in which the old champion is neither the victor or the vanquished; he could be writhing in pain outside the ring while the match is being decided. Personally, I like world titles to be one-on-one matches with a title change occurring by pin or submission, even if the winner has to use foul means to achieve it.

For certain, Triple H would be a transitional champion. I doubt his goal is to return to the type of schedule needed to defend a belt. Someone who gets in the ring only once or twice a year isn't going to be itching to wear the belt for any significant period of time, no matter what he tells us if he actually wins the thing.

Problem is, Daniel Bryan would be only a transitional champion too, in my opinion. If WWE's goal is to get the belt off Randy Orton, giving it to Daniel or Trips would be only a temporary solution anyway, so is it worth the bother?

In Daniel's case, the fans wishes would indicate that it is.....but only for a while; I still maintain his entire program is based on being an underdog.....if he wins the title, he's no longer that, so his best destiny is to win the belt and lose it fairly quickly. Daniel wearing the belt might be a hoot for short while, but the crowd wants to see him overcome the odds.....once he's done that and won the belt, I don't think the fans would be as enamored of him.

Triple H can win the belt only if they're planning to quickly pass it to someone else. But who? Bryan or Batista? If any one of them is to be the next champion, what do they need Triple H for? Either Daniel or Dave can win the 3-way and achieve the goal at WM30.

No, if Triple H somehow emerges from this PPV wearing the title belt, his next step would be to pass it to someone who's new to the world title.

Who?

Of course he shouldn't. He's in his mid 40s and semi-retired. Under no circumstances should he have another title run.

It makes complete sense. Triple H is an egomaniac with a temper. He has a wife that adored him as champion. He has the power to insert himself anywhere he wants. Orton and Batista were being annoying and thankless for what HHH feels he has done for them, HHH reacted.

I'm not sure how much more it needed to be spelled out.

No, but that's exactly my point!

As you say, Trips has "the power to insert himself anywhere he wants". So why doesn't he just insert himself into the main event straight away?!

Why would he put an obstacle in front of himself (the obstacle being having to defeat Daniel Bryan first) before being "allowed" into the main event?! If he's the powermongering boss, then why doesn't he just go straight to the main event himself?! That's what makes no sense.

You seem to misunderstand that I was questioning the logic of Trips inserting him in any way into the WM30 title picture. This is not what I said, because indeed, that makes perfect sense for him as an "egomaniac" who wants to hog the spotlight and become champ agian at WM30, and who now even has the "authority" to just go into the main event as he pleases.

I am however questioning the logic of Trips making it "harder" for himself, which just does not fit with the above mentioned agomaniac powermongering authority figure. Of course, you could spin it like Trips wants to "prove" he can beat Bryan before he goes into the main event... but still, it wouldn't be necessary and is a stark contrast to the "egomanic power monger" figure.

Sure it's a nice touch of additional "drama" to the match, but in my opinion, it's added in a really artificial and forced way.

Triple H winning the championship, in my opinion, is counterproductive. If both he & Bryan somehow wind up in the main event, thereby making it a fatal fourway, then he still shouldn't walk out as champion. Seeing as how Triple H only wrestles a very small handful of times a year, putting the title on him isn't exactly going to wow people. Also, just putting the title on him just so he can drop it at Extreme Rules, most likely to Daniel Bryan, won't help deliver the big moment that fans are hoping to see at WrestleMania XXX.

Besides, if Triple H wins the title at WrestleMania, can you imagine how many haters will come out? We'll have to endure weeks of "Triple H buried Daniel Bryan", "Triple H doesn't even need the title", "Triple H couldn't stand someone else in the spotlight" and "Triple H's ego ruined WrestleMania for me" comments and there won't be any real counterarguments. After all, WrestleMania XXX is the ideal time for Trips to put Bryan over. There won't be a bigger opportunity to have such a big moment in 2014, so there'll be claims that Triple H didn't like the thought of jobbing to Bryan at the biggest show of the year.

In Daniel's case, the fans wishes would indicate that it is.....but only for a while; I still maintain his entire program is based on being an underdog.....if he wins the title, he's no longer that, so his best destiny is to win the belt and lose it fairly quickly. Daniel wearing the belt might be a hoot for short while, but the crowd wants to see him overcome the odds.....once he's done that and won the belt, I don't think the fans would be as enamored of him.

I disagree, they can't keep him as the underdog forever, eventually he's going to have to move on from that role and show if he can be a champ that can go the distance. If he can't, then well I guess he'll fall down the card like many before him but really the only way to prove one way or the other is to give him a decent length title reign.

The whole keep him as the chasing underdog thing feels like keeping the training wheels on a bike too long. You know the kid can successfully ride the bike with the training wheels without falling down, but at the same time you won't know if they actually can ride the bike without them. Sure they might fall down once you take the wheels off and that will sting them a little, but you know it has to be done and they'll be all the better for it since you certainly can't keep those darn things on forever. If the fans turn on him after he loses the underdog tag/training wheels, yeah that'll really suck but if they cared that less about him then it's going to happen anyway, might as well get it over with so you can move on to the next star.

Besides it's not like the Authority can't throw more odds at him to overcome, Austin being the perfect example since Vince threw plenty of stuff his way once he became champ. Sure DB is no SCSA but I think as long as they keep his stories interesting and compelling enough the fans will stick around.

Irrelevant question since there's a 0% chance of DB losing to Trips. WWE doesn't want the IWC to "hijack" the main event of WM which is exactly what would happen if Trips beats DB and DB isn't in the title match.

DB winning the title does not stop him from being the underdog, with guys like Show, Henry, Batista, Cena, Lesnar, Bray Wyatt,Roman Reigns he would still be the underdog despite being champion

the unification of the titles hasn't been good as expected by the authority. And Hunter should become a face again for a certain period.

Triple H is a terrible face. He's always completely insufferable and trying too hard to be "cool". He's better off as a hateable heel.

My answer to the OP's question? Not 'no'...but HELL NO. If I had a week, I couldn't list all the reasons why that is the worst idea ever in the long, sad history of bad ideas. And that's not at all aimed at the OP. This is a hugely compelling thread and I'm glad to take part in it. No, no, this is directed at the company (who added that stipulation in the first place).

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the opening of RAW, and despite the fact that I despise Triple H, I always give credit where credit is due. The promo he cut on Batista and Orton (right after Orton cut an equally masterful promo on Batista) leading up to the announcement of that stipulation was SOLID GOLD. It was amazing. And then to top it off with an old school cerebral assassin beatdown to close the show was priceless. That being said, I can appreciate what such a stipulation does for Mania. It adds intrigue and, of course, a degree of unpredictability - and even as such, it is a stipulation that needs to never come to fruition.

Triple H doesn't belong anywhere near a title or a title match for the rest of his career. He bogarted the strap for far, far too long when he was still fully active - and all just because he could - and that is something we need never to go through again. If, like many have suggested, the main event somehow becomes a Fatal 4-Way, I'll be fine with that - but Bryan still NEEDS to be the one holding the straps in victory at the end of it all - preferably after making Trips tap, should it become a 4-Way. I have a feeling that any other outcome would be disastrous for the company, and especially so if (Power)Trips or Batista won it.

And if Trips were to go over Bryan in their match and Bryan not be involved at all in the main event? My guess is that if fans are really as much at their wits end as they've shown...the main event would probably happen in front of an empty or semi-empty arena.

1. HHH winning the title here, after presumably beating DB, is going to be Batista times one-hundred. There's nothing 'Face' about it, no way you can just magically turn a wrestler after THAT swerve in the storyline Face and expect to get away with it.

2. In order for HHH to effectively turn Face in his position and alignment, you really have no choice but to put him in conflict with someone who can actually generate GREATER Heat as a Heel, which in turn means you have to tie HHH into a storyline involving his position as COO and possibly grapple with his position of power. The Villain can't just generate heat a la Vickie Guerrero either. He/She has to be supremely believable as a Heel with a ruthless efficiency that easily rival's HHH- else the angle bombs. This is 'NWO' levels of villainy you are dabbling with here, and the list of Heat-Inducing heels on the present roster are shallow enough WITHOUT the standard of competency required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back