• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shinedown

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
One of the best bands out today, in my opinion. Great music. I own the CD The Sound of Madness, it's a very impressive outing by the group. Second Chance, What A Shame, and If You Only Knew are my favorite songs off their latest piece of work, along with Devour, Sound of Madness, The Crow and the Butterfly, and Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide right behind them. It was a solid album overall from a tremendous band. I'm hoping Brent Smith and the band keep up the work. What do you all think of the group?

Shinedown is easily one of the most WORST bands out today IMO, they flat out suck, I rank them up there with other musical abominations such as Nickleback, Creed, & Buckcherry, among others, there is absolutely NOTHING about this band that stands out as being original or would lead you to beleive they have any real talent what so ever, every fucking Shinedown song you here sound just like every other song you here on the radio, they sound like they right their shit specifically to get radio play, there is no real sincere emotion, feeling or soul in any of there music, bands like Shinedown are the reason I hate radio

I just saw them live about a week ago. Though they are fairly good on album they are absolutely terrible live. There album stuff has the benefit of being edited to sound much better then it comes off in concert. They are not the best band in the world while at the same time they are not the worst, at least in my book. They are just kind of there. I would never buy there album but I won't change the radio station if they come on either.

The first time I heard any of Shinedown's music was back when WWE was hyping Wrestlemania 22. The song "I Dare You" was one of the theme songs for the event and I liked it. I didn't listen to their music again until "Second Chance" came out and I thought the song was okay. I haven't heard it on the radio lately though. I've only heard two of Shinedown's songs so I might be a good judge but from what I like what I've heard. Shinedown is better than Nickelback for sure.

I feel that Shinedown owes me $30 for the ticket I bought for seeing them and another $30 for having to put up with their terrible bullshit show. I am disappointed that people buy their albums, and am shocked to find that they have educated fans.

When I went to see them (because a girl wanted to go and she is hot) I knew it was a bad idea when the majority of the crowd was in high school. Furthermore, the other two bands on the card for the evening were a thousand times better.

Shinedown should in all honesty kill themselves. They have nothing to offer musically, the lead singer is annoying and nowhere near interesting. He rambles on about bullshit I couldn't care less about the whole show. I found myself begging for it to end, and it lasted forever. I wanted to slap the girl that talked me into going for talking me into it. I didn't know who they were going in, and wish I didn't coming out.

Shinedown sucks. Seriously, they are shit. In all honesty, I wish their tour bus would drive off of a cliff.

Yeah they really don't bring anything tot he table. I thought that "I Dare You" song was decent at first, but it gets old fast. Same thing with Devour, and those are the only songs I have ever liked by them. They're just another generic radio hard-rock band. They're better than some of the other bands in that classification like Hinder, but that's not really an accomplishment.

What a Shame is a decent song. The band isn't that impressive. I liked them for a while but then I started listening to more of their shit, they're pretty overrated. I liked their cover of Simple Man but it can't touch the original. Silly people saying it's better then Skynyrd's version. Tsk.

It's okay Sign Guy, I'm here to back you up. Shinedown has consistently been one of my favorite bands since they came onto the scene a few years ago. Their first single, "Fly From the Inside," wasn't my cup of tea. But when they released "Burning Bright," I was hooked. That song connected with me for some reason.

Their second album was awesome as well. For those of you that judge them based on the songs played on mainstream radio (that's no reason to fairly judge any band), Us And Them offers plenty of songs with heart and emotion. "Beyond the Sun" is my personal favorite from this CD. They display a good range from the "generic hard rock" you guys despise to slow, melodic, heavy stuff.

Their latest album, The Sound of Madness, is probably their most advanced work to date. You have the radio-ready singles like "Devour" and "The Sound of Madness," but the rest of the album is nothing like those songs. Most of the songs deal with longing, and being forgotten. "If You Only Knew" is obviously about missing someone. "Sin With a Grin" is aimed at thanking someone for making them fucked up in the head, and giving them motivation.

It's closed-minded and immature to judge a band based on what you hear on the radio. I hardly ever listen to mainstream radio, because it is not a good gauge on the diversity of bands. I have to agree that there are shitty bands in the group Shinedown has been unfairly placed in: Hinder, Nickelback, etc. But if you look at the histories, Shinedown has become more mature with their music...while Nickelback has progressively degenerated into crap.

I am very fond of Shinedown. Alot of their early work was their best like .45 and they remind alot of Seether. Cyanide Sweet tooth suicide is probably the only good song on the sound of madness but i really like their theme song for Alice in Wonderland(it's on youtube). Their new albums show that they never try anything new which is fine for them, their fans and for me.

I feel that Shinedown owes me $30 for the ticket I bought for seeing them and another $30 for having to put up with their terrible bullshit show. I am disappointed that people buy their albums, and am shocked to find that they have educated fans.

When I went to see them (because a girl wanted to go and she is hot) I knew it was a bad idea when the majority of the crowd was in high school. Furthermore, the other two bands on the card for the evening were a thousand times better.

Shinedown should in all honesty kill themselves. They have nothing to offer musically, the lead singer is annoying and nowhere near interesting. He rambles on about bullshit I couldn't care less about the whole show. I found myself begging for it to end, and it lasted forever. I wanted to slap the girl that talked me into going for talking me into it. I didn't know who they were going in, and wish I didn't coming out.

Shinedown sucks. Seriously, they are shit. In all honesty, I wish their tour bus would drive off of a cliff.

Wow really? I respect musical opinions like that of Hacksaw Highways & justinsaynes but you say you hate them and they should kill themselves and you are saying you are surprised they have educated fans? You are coming off as a complete uneducated person thats only insult towards bands are that they should "Kill themselves" not that they never try anything new with their music or not that some of their songs come of as bland but no. You really showed your brilliant musical opinion and your ignorance for that matter by saying something like that when nobody deserves to die in accidents at such young ages.

I am very fond of Shinedown.

What a shame. They are nothing but the next in a long line of bands that pair soft rock and emo lyrics with loud, non technical guitars. I know three chords, so I guess I could be a radio superstar!
Alot of their early work was their best like .45

This is the only song of their that doesn't make me want to kill myself.

and they remind alot of Seether.

Another generic band for fourteen year old cutters to claim changed their lives.

Cyanide Sweet tooth suicide is probably the only good song on the sound of madness but i really like their theme song for Alice in Wonderland(it's on youtube). Their new albums show that they never try anything new which is fine for them, their fans and for me.

Why change it when you sell you a lot of records to teenagers. I think Bill Hicks said it best when he said that all of the purchasing power in the nation was in the hands of fourteen year old girls.

Wow really? I respect musical opinions like that of Hacksaw Highways & justinsaynes but you say you hate them and they should kill themselves and you are saying you are surprised they have educated fans?

This is my actual opinion. The band makes terrible music with terrible lyrics and kindergarten level instrumentals. I feel like they would be doing the musical world a favor if they would remove themselves from this world. I also feel that their fans, and anyone who likes them a little bit, has no idea what good music is and do not deserve to listen to real bands like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Keep your cutter music, keep your unevolved pussy rock. I'll listen to rock that changed the world, not rock that fell into a niche market that has their parent's money at their disposal.

You are coming off as a complete uneducated person thats only insult towards bands are that they should "Kill themselves" not that they never try anything new with their music or not that some of their songs come of as bland but no.

So, when I say someone is uneducated it's bad, but in the very next sentence, you do the same thing? That's acceptable to you? That shows how educated you are? You are a hypocrite and likely a cutter. It's cool. If you're an attention starved fourteen year old girl, that's fine with me. Just don't get any blood on my nice things.

You really showed your brilliant musical opinion and your ignorance for that matter by saying something like that when nobody deserves to die in accidents at such young ages.

What the fuck are you on about? Shut the hell up dumbass.

I like 2 of Shinedown's songs: .45, and I Dare You.
Those two songs where stuck in my head for a very long time.
Although I do not really like that band, They have a few decent songs.
I'm more of an Alterbridge fan because they are Hard Rock and most of there songs are amazing where do you find a band that has plenty of amazing songs not just 2 or 3.
Creed is another band that has plenty of great songs.
Shinedown is OK i guess...

What a shame. They are nothing but the next in a long line of bands that pair soft rock and emo lyrics with loud, non technical guitars. I know three chords, so I guess I could be a radio superstar!
I assume you hate this band so much because the girl that brought you to it broke your heart and you cried for days on end?

This is the only song of their that doesn't make me want to kill myself.

First of all *theirs*.
Second of all you continously question their music and how they play it? Really? :lmao: I suppose you are right! I realise just now how their music makes everyone want to kill themselves? That's why they have sold so much albums.

Another generic band for fourteen year old cutters to claim changed their lives.

Please give me an explanation for how they inspire cutters? They play music just like other alternative rock bands(Like Breaking Benjamin) not like heavy metal bands like Slipknot or Lordi.

Why change it when you sell you a lot of records to teenagers. I think Bill Hicks said it best when he said that all of the purchasing power in the nation was in the hands of fourteen year old girls.

Ok they are sucessful with what you say. It may be a complete load of bullshit but still they are sucessful and you are sitting behind a monitor going "I hate Shinedown! Their main singer has black hair that means he inspires cutters! blah! blah! blah!" while they make money.

This is my actual opinion. The band makes terrible music with terrible lyrics and kindergarten level instrumentals. I feel like they would be doing the musical world a favor if they would remove themselves from this world. I also feel that their fans, and anyone who likes them a little bit, has no idea what good music is and do not deserve to listen to real bands like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Keep your cutter music, keep your unevolved pussy rock. I'll listen to rock that changed the world, not rock that fell into a niche market that has their parent's money at their disposal.

Ok why don't you look up Shinedown tourings in 2004? They toured with Van Halen! Pink Floyd's David Gilmour said in a 2004 interview with Classic Rock magazine: "I am a fan of up and coming bands just waiting to make big impacts on the world around us. British Bands like Muse which are just gonna make a bigger impact with each album and small bands like Shinedown which need to make their big break in America first then the rest of the world." I am a fan of Floyd but not so much Zeppelin. That is music that changed the world yes but you are saying there should be no new musicians in Rock? That everyone shoud listen to the music made 30 years ago and nothing else? That is a completely stupid thing to say. How can you say what good music? Everyone holds their own opinion of music which cannot be judged by anyone else. You really show your intolerance.

So, when I say someone is uneducated it's bad, but in the very next sentence, you do the same thing? That's acceptable to you? That shows how educated you are? You are a hypocrite and likely a cutter. It's cool. If you're an attention starved fourteen year old girl, that's fine with me. Just don't get any blood on my nice things.

Again with the cutter shit you ignorant moron.As a matter of fact Yes i do find that acceptable. How does Shinedowns fans show signs of no education? Your post showed all signs of no education as you speak as if you are an 11 year old "Cutter" throwing a tantrum: "I wish those people being mean to me would die or kill themselves!". So yes i do find calling you uneducated acceptable.

What the fuck are you on about? Shut the hell up dumbass.

Oooooh No! You told me to shut up? NOOOOOO! I have to go cut myself now because some dude told me to shut up! NOOOOOOOOO! Why God why!?! Nobody understands me now as i have now figured out from some guy telling me to shut up! I better go listen to some more cutter music while my incredibly educated friend here shows his response to my previous argument with the counter attack of "Shut the hell up" as he thought that was the best answer to my previous post. To tell me to shut up well i must now say i thank you my knowledgeable friend! Please tell me how to live your ever intellingent lifestyle! :worship:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Please give me an explanation for how they inspire cutters? They play music just like other alternative rock bands(Like Breaking Benjamin) not like heavy metal bands like Slipknot or Lordi.

Dude, now you're being ignorant. Saying that all metal bands inspire cutting is ridiculous, when bands like Neurosis, Meshuggah, Cynic, Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, Mastodon, etc. have been responsible for some of the most thought provoking, intelligent and all around great music ever made. Back on topic, Shinedown does suck. I do like I Dare You, but everything othger than that is justa resounding meh. They sound like an uninspired version of bands I used to love but grew out of, like Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back