Sheamus

Unsold Bacon

Shucky Ducky Quack Quack
sheamus.jpg

This is my 2nd and maybe last attempt at making a sig(I guess I'm not that into to it :p). So do the normal leave suggestions and things like that.So this is a basic Sheamus Sig made in GIMP 2 which I had to reinstall ever since I got a new Hard Drive a few months ago, I had to figure out all the basic over again since it's been months since using this.:)

Oh dear. Where do I start...

Well, I think I'd better be blunt. This is fairly bad. The Sheamus pictures have some odd effect on them that makes it impossible to even tell that they're supposed to be Sheamus. If I hadn't seen the pictures before, I wouldn't have known.

The text at the bottom ("Celtic Warrior") is hard to read. I can't even tell if you put the C in there or not. Also, the background is all squished, and that's jsut not good.

Your pictures are also spread out in weird places, and you can see that they cut off. That's never a good thing. You never want obvious cutoffs.

On top of all that, there's no border.

I hate to be so harsh on you, but I really think you should look at some tutorials and learn to use the program before making any more. From what I remember, you use GIMP. TPP has made a very good GIMP tutorial in this very section, which I strongly advise you to have a look at.

I wouldn't let what Doc said put you off of graphics making. In my eyes, you have a lot of potential and you could continue to grow as a sig-maker if you continue to try.

This signature just has some very basic mistakes and with a little experience and work, you can get rid of them.

The first thing I noticed was the cut-offs of the renders. You should go to proper render sites and reduce the overall size of your signature to ensure that no cut-offs are left. Also, some of the cuts you have done yourself are pretty poor.The main one with Sheamus biting the medallion is really bad cut. I don't know if you have done that yourself but you have taken a huge chunk out of his head.

The other thing, is the marquee around the text in the top right. I don't understand why you have done that and it looks really unprofessional. Which is mirrored by the colours. I don't know why you have put that green overlay over all of the renders? Was it to cover up some of the cutting mistakes or just because you wanted to?

I mean, these are just really daft mistakes and if you keep practising and following or tutorials, then you could get better.

Don't give up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back