• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sheamus, Cesaro, Ambrose and Wyatt bring the Fight to Smackdown

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
When Friday Night Smackdown went off the air I felt like I really got my money's worth from two solid matches that were worthy of pay per view. These two matches had a lot in common, they weren't the best when it came to technical wrestling, but the chemistry in the matches was off the charts, they were hard hittings, and as JBL would say they were just good old fashioned fights. The matches I'm talking about were Sheamus vs Cesaro which was a grudge match and Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt for a spot in the WWE Championship Money in the Bank match.

Sheamus and Cesaro are just two tough brawny brutes. Both guys can hand out the punishment and both can take it too. It's not a case of one person handing out right hand to the face and the other dropping like a ton of bricks both men just keep coming and coming. In the case of Sheamus he just wanted more. Sheamus will do a bear like club over the top of Cesaro's back and Cesaro will fire back with deep European Uppercut right into Sheamus's brawny chest. Cesaro got the pin after hanging on to the ropes and manipulating his body into a small package. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing these two guys fight in a 25 minute plus high profile match on a pay per view. I know that Sheamus and Cesaro are on their own journeys and it sure if fun to watch them fight. However if somehow they had a short alliance and laid beat downs on some of WWE less fortunate I wouldn't mind.

Now Dean Ambrose and Bray was an great clash because both of these guys don't have everything right upstairs. I wouldn't classify either as stupid, rather far from it. Dean is just a little off his rocker while Bray is so wrapped up in his own delusions of conquest and both have very violent tendencies. I remember a Monday night Raw that was headlined by one of the earliest encounters between Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns. It felt like a big match and I am a fan of both Bray and Roman but when the match actually happened for some reason of another it was a little underwhelming. Bray vs Ambrose worked! Just like Sheamus and Cesaro these two had great chemistry. These two guys really play their characters well and stay in character as the match goes on and since they do that, you have to watch everything they do bell to bell. The match ended when Seth Rollins popped up the announce table distracting Ambrose who moments later feel victim to Sister Abigail. Bray won the match and now goes to fight for a chance to be the top dog in the WWE.

Great matches, good chemistry, good storytelling and WWE definitely has some bright spots as of late.

I really can't get enough of Cesaro vs Sheamus fighting each other. They lay it in with heavy strikes both, especially Cesaro, can actually wrestle as well. Sadly, these two will probably not be fueding for too much longer. I see Cesaro winning this fued and Sheamus turning heel withing the next few months. This is only speculation.

Bray and Ambrose was fun and no one lost any face with the finish of Rollins distracting Dean. These guys are the future of the WWE and will be on top for a good while.

I have to agree with the thoughts on matches here tonight. Like in my opinion, both of those matches could literally headline a Pay Per View, and the crowd would eat it up. With Sheamus and Cesaro, these guys have been going at it for a long time now. This isn't really anything new for them, but if does show that WWE has something working here. I love it when these guys get in the ring because at the end of the match they'll both be beaten and bruised, and that match they put on will be a classic. And let's not undermine their power house abilities just because they can brawl. These two men have been able to pull off great matches as well by simply going toe to toe with big time slams and false finishes.

As for Wyatt and Ambrose, I first saw their chemistry together back at Elimination Chamber. And when I saw it, I looked at my television drooling for more. It may have taken a few extra months, but I finally got to see it. This is a perfect example of how to build your future roster. While giving some guys a rub off of top talent can be a great thing, it's not always necessary. Sometimes, all it takes is 15 minutes between two hungry young guys and then presto you have instant success. Don't believe me? Look at Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels... what started out as a tag team feud between The Rockers and the Hart Foundation, became the center of the Intercontinental Title run, and then a pure classic rivalry for the WWF Championship. I'm not saying these two men will have that kind of career, but if that's how it boils down then I'll definitely be fan. Great match here tonight by these guys.

I definitely have enjoyed the matches and hope Cesaro/Sheamus elevates to some PPV matches and perhaps some type of No Holds Barred match. Trading the U.S. title in this feud can also help to elevate it as well.

The writers can learn a lot from this budding rivalry in that they can do more to put their guys in competitive matches as opposed to lopsided squashes (see Russev).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back