• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sheamus as a heel again in the future

CM Steel

A REAL American
Remember when Sheamus first debuted on the ECW brand in the WWE a few years ago? He was a big bad ass irish mega heel like how Hulk Hogan was when he first got into the-then WWF. Sheamus got the rare Brock Lesnar-like push to the moon by winning his first WWE championship within months, and then again. But after a draft to Smackdown Sheamus turned babyface while feuding with Mark Henry leading into Summerslam '11. And is the future face of the WWE after John Cena's light starts to fade.

He's tied in being "the number two guy" with Randy Orton in the WWE. Now with rumors of Orton turning heel once again in the near future. We can see another Sheamus-Orton feud once again for months. But what of when Sheamus turns heel again in the future as he will be due? The number two guys after John Cena will be coming after him for his number one spot! But would Sheamus resume his heel role as a great white juggernaut bad ass? The same one who defeated John Cena to win his first WWE title?

But could we see a heel Sheamus again in the future of the WWE?

As far as a character, I liked Sheamus much more as a heel. I do like Sheamus as a babyface, just not anywhere as much as a heel. I like that WWE has kept the brawling aspect of Sheamus in tact but I think they've gone too far in trying to make him this jovial, laid back Irish galoot.

For instance, during his feud with Big Show, he was all smiles & corny jokes with an occasional bout of that great intensity that he's got. Even after dropping the World Heavyweight Championship to Big Show, a title he held for 7 months, Sheamus comes out and is all smiles & jokes, satisfied that he was in the best "fight" of his life as if the fact he was in a hell of a "fight" mattered more to him than being World Heavyweight Champion. It's a relatively minor thing, but it's a minor thing that irritates me. If you're a champion, then staying champion & putting over how important it is to you that you are champion should always be the top priority.

If they injected more attitude & intensity into Sheamus' current character, I'd be perfectly fine. I'm not saying that they have to make him this invincible juggernaut or anything like that, but I do think they do a lot better with Sheamus by making him less of an ethnic stereotype. Yeah, I know the guy's Irish, but that doesn't mean he has to be a walking, talking cliché 90% of the time either.

I prefer him as a Hell to, His Face jokes are PAINFULLY BAD.
But if they are turning Randy, it´s not gonna happen.

is that not the reason, they fell comfortable turning randy, because they have sheamus as a top face.

But if they are turning Randy, it´s not gonna happen.

For now, that will probably be the determining factor. The company needs faces at main event level; too many of the top guys are heels. I've been saying all along that almost every time folks on this forum express their preference for a performer's personality, they choose heel. Look at the entries before this one in this thread.

Now, Orton prefers to be a heel, and he'll get his way eventually. This leaves a true "good guy" dearth at the top of Smackdown and pretty much guarantees Sheamus will be kept where he is for the foreseeable future. All these bad guys we crave have to have someone to fight, after all.

But not forever. As time goes on, they all have face changes and we'll see Sheamus as a bad guy again.

Personally, I like him the way he is. I never figured the guy would make a good face, but he has. I didn't think Alberto Del Rio would make it as as face either, yet look at him. Versatility is a prime characteristic of these guys and gals. Plainly, they have it in abundance.

As long as there has been wrestling and as long as there will be wrestling, there will be heels and faces and they will flip-flop. I see people question whether a certain wrestler could ever be an effective heel or face. If that wrestler has true talent and a good storyline, he can be effective on either side.
Legends like Sting, Flair and a few others will always get cheered and thus a heel turn might be really difficult. For the rest of the wrestlers, we will continue to see "shocking" heel turns and "inspirational" face turns. It is the nature of wrestling.

being heel now wont be good for shemaus ,shemaus needs to do less talking more fyting in feuds he needs few good catch phrases like stone cold had and he can quite similarly can be have that kind brawler charachter,.Its all about catch phrases it connects you with the crowd after that the character can start building.Randy Orton needs to be heel whyl shemaus should remain face ,guys like Miz Antonio will need something that will help them conncect to the crowd e.g Dolph has mic skills plus he has other elements too e.g AJ and big E.ONE guy that needs to be heel is JHoN CENA .WWE's logic of that being a risk because heel turn will take away fans but if WWE had turned CENA heel with AJ story line or with any other e.g during RAW 1000 it would made pUNK more bigger DRAW .if Cena turns back heel on a rising star like DZ or RYBACK that will give them more connection with the fans,Cena being jelous their success etc can be made reason even if such heel turn doesnt works well he can turn back face by realizing he was wrong etc etc, even he can be attacked by a major monster heel that time and gets injured for indefinite time, and then making his return like hbk did in 2002 would make him again HUGE face

As far as a character, I liked Sheamus much more as a heel. I do like Sheamus as a babyface, just not anywhere as much as a heel. I like that WWE has kept the brawling aspect of Sheamus in tact but I think they've gone too far in trying to make him this jovial, laid back Irish galoot.

For instance, during his feud with Big Show, he was all smiles & corny jokes with an occasional bout of that great intensity that he's got. Even after dropping the World Heavyweight Championship to Big Show, a title he held for 7 months, Sheamus comes out and is all smiles & jokes, satisfied that he was in the best "fight" of his life as if the fact he was in a hell of a "fight" mattered more to him than being World Heavyweight Champion. It's a relatively minor thing, but it's a minor thing that irritates me. If you're a champion, then staying champion & putting over how important it is to you that you are champion should always be the top priority.

If they injected more attitude & intensity into Sheamus' current character, I'd be perfectly fine. I'm not saying that they have to make him this invincible juggernaut or anything like that, but I do think they do a lot better with Sheamus by making him less of an ethnic stereotype. Yeah, I know the guy's Irish, but that doesn't mean he has to be a walking, talking cliché 90% of the time either.

I like Sheamus as a babyface too, but I also don't like how he's a "goody-two shoes" at times. A guy with his size, power, and wrestling style should be at least how Batista was when he was a face champion - Calm, relaxed but a machine in the ring. Not smiling and making corny jokes to try to get over.

I'm thinking that it's because of his look and that WWE is PG, he has to be portrayed as another "superhero" that the kids and girls eat up.

I prefer Sheamus as a heel but I like him as a face to be honest. There would no point in turning him heel at this stage, since Orton is likely going heel soon. I also am under the assumption that we're getting Orton/Sheamus at Mania for the World Title. So its even more unlikely that we Sheamus go heel, that being said, next year could be an option for him to turn.

Remember when Sheamus first debuted on the ECW brand in the WWE a few years ago? He was a big bad ass irish mega heel like how Hulk Hogan was when he first got into the-then WWF. Sheamus got the rare Brock Lesnar-like push to the moon by winning his first WWE championship within months, and then again. But after a draft to Smackdown Sheamus turned babyface while feuding with Mark Henry leading into Summerslam '11. And is the future face of the WWE after John Cena's light starts to fade.

He's tied in being "the number two guy" with Randy Orton in the WWE. Now with rumors of Orton turning heel once again in the near future. We can see another Sheamus-Orton feud once again for months. But what of when Sheamus turns heel again in the future as he will be due? The number two guys after John Cena will be coming after him for his number one spot! But would Sheamus resume his heel role as a great white juggernaut bad ass? The same one who defeated John Cena to win his first WWE title?

But could we see a heel Sheamus again in the future of the WWE?

No disrespect here but with Orton and Sheamus turning heel in your scenerio it would be liking turning back the clock a few years to redo Face Cena vs. heel Orton or heel Sheamus. Its garbage, kinda like Sheamus's face run is garbage. I struggle with who I believe is a worse face, Miz or Sheamus.

Sheamus's "jokes" are TERRIBLE and not EVER delivered correctly. I will admit he is probably SLIGHTLY better than Miz as a face right now but Sheamus needs to be a heel. I would enjoy a Sheamus vs. Ryback fued. I do NOT want to see HEEL SHEAMUS vs. FACE CENA again..EVER...

So my answer to your thread is I WANT Sheamus to be a heel but I really don't want to see him in the title picture with Cena involved at all.

To date, current wrestlers I hate:

1. Sheamus as a face.
2. Korny Kingston...PERIOD
3. Miz as a face.
4. Cena(respect him, I just yearn for the day he tells the WWE universe off)
5. Rey Mysterio (time to go. He is always injured and he is clearly not in good shape)

To date, current wrestlers I enjoy:

1. CM Punk (He and Heyman are AWESOME together)
2. Dolph Ziggler (With HBK gone, he is NOW the showstopper)
3. Big Show (Has he had a better year than this year?)
4. The Rock (Come on, its the Rock..even if he is WWE champ via satelite
5. Del Rio (He is pulling off being a face to my surprise, and he is good in the ring)

I actually prefer heel Sheamus over face Sheamus. Sheamus was fantastic in his feuds against Triple H and John Cena a few years ago, and he's more entertaining as the nasty Irish brute, who loves to fight. In all fairness, this is the basis for his face character, but the corny comedy and random Irish folktales before and during his run as World Heavyweight Champion was just unbearable.

But if the rumored Sheamus VS Randy Orton feud actually happens, then Sheamus needs to be a heel. Just ditch the goofy comedy garbage, turn him into the rough brute with no mercy or compassion again, and Sheamus should have a successful heel run.

I know more people would prefer Orton as a heel, but I still believe Randy's heel character wouldn't work. It wouldn't be Randy's fault, but the crowd will not boo him. If Randy returns to the heelish psychopath character, the fans will cheer him on. It happened in the past, and I have no doubts it'll happen again.

We will eventually see him as a heel. It is inevitable because he was very good as heel. I liked the tough-guy gimmick and he played it very well but shockingly, he does face even better. I was dubious when he first changed but he won me over instantly and has been terrific for the last 18 months. I really don't want to see him turn heel just yet but I'm sure when it does happen: I'll enjoy it and there will be some great feuds/matches.

Obviously ... Orton is the better super heel of the two so he is going to be going heel, which means that Sheamus stays a face for the forseeable future.

I personally like Sheamus a lot right now. He is certainly kind of corny at times ... but overall, he gets a big pop, does all the right face things ... and seems to be very over.

Personally, I liked him as a heel. I liked his little hotshot to the title and thought he was a legit main event player from day one. But right now he is mega over as a face ... and that means more money coming in. I just don't a turn happening any time soon.

I personally feel Sheamus I doing really well as a face and I think people really do turn on the TV to see him, well he's SmackDowns main draw so he must be doing something right. Plus he's well loved within the company and therefore I only see this guy going upwards possibly someone to tasks over Cenas role. As a heel he can't be number one, neither can he as a face but on SmackDown he is number one face and I don't think that's something to sacrifice

I know more people would prefer Orton as a heel, but I still believe Randy's heel character wouldn't work. It wouldn't be Randy's fault, but the crowd will not boo him. If Randy returns to the heelish psychopath character, the fans will cheer him on. It happened in the past, and I have no doubts it'll happen again.[/QUOTE]

Heel being booed is OLD now ,people tend to like bad guys more whats important people caring for the CHARACTER,take for instance Stone Cold heel turn ,HHH's Evolution era,Brock Lesnar and other old examples like heel UNDERTAKER,crowd will boo heels for their dastardly antics but will also give cheers for such household names thats why i feel turning orton Heel Tweener will progress his character ,After all people care about entertainment ,

I have never liked Alberto Del Rio, fact I think I hate him even more as the face, but Sheamus though I remember that bad ass undefeated guy who came in back in 09 and kicked everyones ass like it was his house. I wouldnt expect him to turn face after 2 years, but he was getting de-pushed and WWE needed a new gimmick for him, since the "King Sheamus" thing kinda killed him. I would have actually prefer to have had sheamus turn heel then CM Punk, since Punk is much more entertaining as the face then sheamus is. Sheamus is pure boring, for what I can say. But never say never in the WWE. Ever since Punk became face, I didnt think he would ever turn heel again, because of the ways he had acted. And Big Show as well. And then guess what they turn into bad ass heels. So we should expect stuff like this happening to top stars in the future. Randy for sure, possible Ryback as well? Sheamus was way better as the heel, and I hope WWE gives the heel turn for him, I dont wanna see another feud with him and Orton again..
And Oh turn Del Rio back heel, hes just god awful as the top face of Smackdown..

A heel turn is probably the biggest IWC cliché, along with Chris Benoit and bringing back the Attitude Era, however, Sheamus is an extremely remarkable face in the sense that he is the only top face in recent years to be more corny than Cena, so congrats, big guy!

I don't enjoy his jokes or his stupid, constant grin and he's the ONE guy who I'd support for a heel turn.

I don't really see a difference between Sheamus as a heel and Sheamus as a face. He beats the hell out of people whether he's being cheered or booed. He made terrible heritage-related jokes as both a heel and a face. The only real difference is he smiles more as a face...

So what you're all really saying is you wish he'd stop smiling.

Sheamus has made a great transition as a face and I know eventually they'll change him back because that's just what they do. The one who is really in a rut and needs to turn heel though is Orton. He plays that role to perfection and you can see that he enjoys himself out there a hell of a lot more when playing the bad guy. He's gotten so stale in the past year or more that it's almost unbearable.

Another one I'd like to see them make the switch with is Kofi. What's the worst that can happen? The majority of fans are already bored out of their minds with his current character, so you make this move and if it doesn't work, you can always turn him face again.

Start off small with someone like R-Truth. Maybe when he comes back from his injury, he comes out after a Kingston match and says, "Hey while I was gone I was thinking about how much fun we had when we were a team and how bout you and I get back together and bring those belts back where they belong?"

Kofi looks to the crowd to see what they think, does his usual smile and nod, then says, "Hey it sounds like that's what the WWE Universe wants. There's just one problem, I no longer give a damn what the WWE Universe wants. They've been holding me back for years just like you did when I carried you to the tag team titles. I should've been a World Champion a long time ago, but I cared too much about being the nice guy and high-fiving kids to ever be taken seriously around here. So from here on out, these people matter to me about as much as Little Jimmy. They don't exist to me. So welcome back Truth, but just as quick as you came back, you're going right back on the shelf."

Then Kofi kicks Truth in the gut, sends him into the ropes, and hits the Trouble in Paradise.

Start off small with someone like R-Truth. Maybe when he comes back from his injury, he comes out after a Kingston match and says, "Hey while I was gone I was thinking about how much fun we had when we were a team and how bout you and I get back together and bring those belts back where they belong?"

Kofi looks to the crowd to see what they think, does his usual smile and nod, then says, "Hey it sounds like that's what the WWE Universe wants. There's just one problem, I no longer give a damn what the WWE Universe wants. They've been holding me back for years just like you did when I carried you to the tag team titles. I should've been a World Champion a long time ago, but I cared too much about being the nice guy and high-fiving kids to ever be taken seriously around here. So from here on out, these people matter to me about as much as Little Jimmy. They don't exist to me. So welcome back Truth, but just as quick as you came back, you're going right back on the shelf."

Then Kofi kicks Truth in the gut, sends him into the ropes, and hits the Trouble in Paradise.

I'm sorry but I can't see Kofi pulling that off, it sounds so generic and Kofi hardly is the most charismatic wrestler to be able to pull that off.

Sheamus is better off as a face. Really don't like him when he was a heel. His character is to good and lovable now for him to turn heel.

Reactions: TLC
sheamus is making waaayyyy to much $ for the company as a face.

orton shuld go heel because there arent enough good heels. Only mark henry cm punk and big show

Brock lesnar doesnt count as a heel because people cheer him no matter how bad wwe makes him look

I always liked the Sheamus character better as a heel. I think they have been taking it a bit to far lately with the jokes and such. I don't see why he can't be a tough fighting face minus all of the corniness. I agree with the posters that said though it will probably be based on whether or not Orton turns heel or not. If Orton goes heel Sheamus will probably need to remain face for the time being. I actually would like to see a heel Orton vs a face Sheamus feud. Even if Orton does turn though Sheamus should turn heel again farther down the road.

I always thought Sheamus was at his best when he was the Celtic warrior heel. I loved his no-nonsense attitude when he'd just march into the ring and put a serious beating on his opponent until the match was over. That's the Sheamus that made me into his fan. I still enjoy watching his matches against Jamie Noble from time to time to remind me of what he was like at one point. He should have had a better WWE Championship reign by getting clean victories over John Cena and Randy Orton. By this I mean he should have been able to brogue kick them and then pin them clean. It would have been quite believable considering his mean streak. There's still potential for Sheamus to have an above-average run as a heel, and it's only a matter of time...but I'd love to see it.

Sheamus will make a great heel again one day, but first they should get as much mileage out of this face run as they can. Sheamus is very over with young fans. He's going to be around for a long time. That first big face run is important in a wrestler's career. WWE should keep it going for another year at least. Sheamus has major long-term potential.

sheamus is gong to be a face for the foreseeable future. orton is more likely to turn heel. that is fued i expect next WM. sheamus and orton for the title.
sheamus has become a golden character. he can give anyone a heal like beatdown, but be cheered for it. it is simply his characters nature. plus with the shield bringing in three more heels. wwe will need all the big faces it can get to feud with them for the next couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back