• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shawn Michaels Smile or Screw?

Total Impact

A Poster Name Total Impact
Of the two bad things that you can dislike Shawn Michaels for, from his WWE Career, dropping the belt because he lost his smile before doing a job to bret at WrestleMania 13, and screwing Bret at Survivor Series, which will you most remember about shawn most two dispise moments in wrestling?

For me its "Losing his smile" as it has to be the dumbest answer to ever give in wrestling to drop a belt and I was suprise Vince didn't crack up laughing when Shawn said that on Raw that night. I thought that was worst than the finger point of doom.

Lets just handle this quick and nip it in the bud.

Both guys couldve handled it better. Period. End of story. it was everyone's fault.

He'll probably be remembered more for the Screwjob (duh) but I am also in agreement that the lost his smile thing was rather pathetic instead of being a man and lying on his back for 3 seconds.

because only Shawn Michaels can come back from a career ending knee injury in 3 months. Plus it's amazing how he couldn't wrestle, but still managed tow ork himself into the main event.

It's also amazing how John Cena did the same thing just this year and nobody blasts him.

Face it, HBK was injured. Could have been misdiagnosed.

Plus, it's also amazing how crybaby Bret Hart had to pull a classless move at that same Mania too.

John Cena at least has a scar to prove he was injured. Cena is also an avid bodybuilder, so there isn't anything to suggest he wasn't busting his ass to get back into shape.

Bret probably was classless, but he showed up and performed.

I honestly want to see how long this keeps up, keep it going.

I think was faking s he won the title from Sid with no problem with his new and then comes later he loses his smile. Just because HBK is all holy now doesn't mean he is telling the truth. He may had a knee injury, but I doubt it could of effected him in the main event of wrestlemania. He just didn't want to lose to Bret and thats sad. Now he is jobbing to everyone who wants to face him sometimes just to clear his heart.

Cena is not on roids, I mean he hasn't failed a drug test by the WWE and unlike some, he hasn't debulk anytime since the steriod issue came up. I mean look at Triple H who has lost weight, Masters, Rey Mysterio. Cena is clean.

I think was faking s he won the title from Sid with no problem with his new and then comes later he loses his smile.

He also put Sid over at Survivor Series, then won it again in his hometown. Which made logical sense, then was injured. You can't say he faked until you provide proof.

Just because HBK is all holy now doesn't mean he is telling the truth. He may had a knee injury, but I doubt it could of effected him in the main event of wrestlemania.

If it was some sort of tear. Yes it could. Especially when the sport is wrestling.

He just didn't want to lose to Bret and thats sad.

Who would when the guy is going to the rival company? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Bret also didn't want to work with HBK when approached by McMahon because he was a whiny bitch.

Cena is not on roids,

Oh, bullshit. Everyone is that company has been on roids' one time or another. That's common sense and with the way he looked in his body building pics. Anyone that says he hasn't or isn't on roids' is an idiot.

I mean he hasn't failed a drug test by the WWE

ROFL. That's right. Because WWE's steroid policy and testing is so great. Yeah, right :rolleyes:

Cena is clean.

Lawlz.

Reactions: X
To all of Shawn Michaels haters, I suggest you people watch his new fucking DVD before you post a bull shit tread

First of all when HBK "lost his smile", and said he had knee problems, you have to admit professional wrestlers have a tough schedule especially for HBK being champion back then.

Vitually in 1993-1997 Shawn Michaels prombley had only 4 months of vaction in the 4 year frame.

So i believe Shawn Michaels did have physical promblems and mental promblems and need time to "heel".

Ego or no Ego. Shawn Michaels if the best sports entertainer of all time.

I think was faking s he won the title from Sid with no problem with his new and then comes later he loses his smile. Just because HBK is all holy now doesn't mean he is telling the truth. He may had a knee injury, but I doubt it could of effected him in the main event of wrestlemania. He just didn't want to lose to Bret and thats sad. Now he is jobbing to everyone who wants to face him sometimes just to clear his heart.

Yes because it only makes sense that HBK would want to miss the biggest pay day of the year:rolleyes:, Please I'm begging everyone to just stop it, this agrgument is just old and dumb, I mean this all happened how long ago, maybe it's time to just move on, and while you're at at someone wanna tell Bret that he just needs to let it go too, I mean Christ, the guy could be remembered as one of the greatest technical wrestlers in history, but will now forever be known as just a little cry baby

Cena is not on roids, I mean he hasn't failed a drug test by the WWE and unlike some, he hasn't debulk anytime since the steriod issue came up. I mean look at Triple H who has lost weight, Masters, Rey Mysterio. Cena is clean.

And when was the last time he was even given a drug test by WWE?

To all of Shawn Michaels haters, I suggest you people watch his new fucking DVD before you post a bull shit tread

First of all when HBK "lost his smile", and said he had knee problems, you have to admit professional wrestlers have a tough schedule especially for HBK being champion back then.

Vitually in 1993-1997 Shawn Michaels prombley had only 4 months of vaction in the 4 year frame.

So i believe Shawn Michaels did have physical promblems and mental promblems and need time to "heel".

Ego or no Ego. Shawn Michaels if the best sports entertainer of all time.

I watched the DVD and that is the main reason why I think he faked the whole thing. I don't blame Bret for not dropping the belt to Shawn wouldn’t have done it for him. That is why Bret made up losing in Canada as an excuse not to lose as it wasn't losing the title Bret's problem, he just didn't want to lose to Shawn. He said himself later own that he would of drop the belt to anyone but Shawn since Shawn didn't do the right thing at Mania 13.

Bret and Shawn have never gotten along even during the Rockers-Foundation feud. Bret even had a chance to join the kliq, but turned it down and that didn't help the relationship, plus Bret beating the shit out of Shawn in a fight at a house sow didn't help and then both sleeping Sunny had to be another deal breaker. The two are just oil and water and Bret won't forget and rather Shawn admits it or not, he will never move on as he was wrong even if Bret was going to wrestle for another company, because about two years later, Jeff Jarrett ad a WWE title and he defended the belt with no contract and no problem, at least Bret was under contract for another week.

Also my thing on Shawn, he never even got the surgery. He just didn't want to lose to Bret to save his image. That was the reason Bret left, because if Bret won the belt, he would of stayed face and the WWE would of had the original plans set for Bret instead of turning him heel and seeing that they couldn't afford him and write stories for him. I think Vince chose Sawn over Bret and it was something that didn't payoff till 2003.

Plus on screw jobs, I blame Shawn for lying about not knowing anything on camera and then later making fun of Bret on TV, real classy move. The real person to blame is Paul "Triple " Lezqeue. e came up with the plan in the beginning as the WWE was going to honor Bret's wishes till Big Nose came up with the plan.

Bret had gotten over it, he just will never like Shawn and its more than what happen in Montreal. But can you blame the guy for getting mad, he put over a decade of his life in one company to be betrayed in the end. I always thought it was a work, but after this long, the truth is it was the last real thing to happen in a wrestling concerning storylines and its a moment that will never be forgotten.

I never like Shawn Michaels, because I thought he was and overrated spot monkey before they became in fashion in wrestling. I just think Shawn only had a great gimmick that got him over and that was it.

Collins, we all know the story. You don't have to repeat it.

Also my thing on Shawn, he never even got the surgery. He just didn't want to lose to Bret to save his image.

ROFL.

Provide me proof.

Cena hasn't failed a drug test, Michaels has.

HBK still denies he wasn't on the juice, but he tested positive for it, so yes, post 2002 HBKs word is still not 100% solid in my book. Remember WM 13 isn't exactly WM 24. The WWE was gettign it's ass handed to them by WCW, so there wasn't the huge pay day he was missing out on.

HBK losing to Bret at WM 13 had nothing to do with Bret going to WCW, it had everythign to do with HBK not wanting to lose to Bret.

But you have to take into account that the Smile is post the most innovative way of dropping a title without losing a match.

HBK losing to Bret at WM 13 had nothing to do with Bret going to WCW, it had everythign to do with HBK not wanting to lose to Bret.

Exactly, Bret had just signed a 20 year contract with the WWE. And for anyone that says "go watch his new dvd" Are you kidding me would you trust HBK let alone the WWE. Go read Bret Harts book. The WWE is going to build up HBK as a guy that never did anything wrong and it was all Brets fault. While Shawn was out all pilled up until 2002. Now he wants us to believe he is a born again christian that has never done anything wrong. The guy is a complete joke. I will never take anything away from his wrestling ability. He is one of the greats. But this guy had just as many problems as Scott Hall did in the 1990's. I wouldnt believe a word this guy says.

Well, I guess I'am on my own in this discussion. -lol-

Bret Hart was a hell of a sports entertainer and is one of the best pure wrestlers of all time.

Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Vince Mcmahon and Earl Hebner definlly screwed Bret Hart..........-PSYCH-......Bret screwed Bret.
Even though i personaly admire Bret Hart's talents, even though HBK might not have gotten along with Bret Hart,......I stand behind Vince Mcmahon 100% (from a business point of view)

You people talk about Shawn Michaels "losing his smile"....what about Bret's. Bret Hart did not want Shawn Michaels to 1. Beat him in his last match in the WWE 2. Bret did not want specifically Shawn Michaels to beat him for a WWE title match period in 1997. (hints: WM13 and SSeries 97)

But by the end of that particular business day. Bret did not care about nobody but him (on that surivor Series night.) Bret can not leave the WWE as a "Champion that never gotten beatin", then go to WCW and work there.
I Personaly very well beleive that if Bret Hart would of went to WCW as a Champion that never gotten beatin, WWE would of went out of business. (Back in da day WWE had better perfomers then WCW-and i did not want to see them go out of business)

As a christain myself, I believe Shawn Michaels -post 2002- would of said that the "Losing of my smile" was a fluke and that he didn't want to lose against bret at WM13, But he didn't. However, he did say other negative things he did in his career and his life and it would appear that Shawn Michaels would of told the truth by NOW.

Oh! for username: Blackhart07 I did watch the Bret Hart DVD, I did read the Bret Hart book. It appears to me that Bret is a hell of a Sports entertainer and person. But Bret Hart did not want to be with the company that made him what he is, was, and will ever be.

Bret screwed Bret

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back