• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shawn Michaels: One Last Match?

The American Legend

Dark Match Winner
Watching the clip from Raw on Monday, I heard the crowd start a small 'one more match' chant at HBK. I instantly started thinking, who would I like to see fight Shawn Michaels in one last match?

Shawn Michaels vs CM Punk-This would be a great match. Great promos. Both guys are about the same size and speed, both technically gifted. There would be enough flying around to make me happy. This would just be an awesome match.

Shawn Michaels, The Heartbreak Kid vs Daniel Bryan, The American Dragon
Trainer vs Trainee. This match would be gold. You thought Ziggler Bryan at Bragging Rights was a tie for match of the year? This one would be THE match of the year. Shawn Michaels countering the Lebell Lock, Bryan kicking out of Sweet Chin Music. Michaels selling Bryan's dropkicks better then anyone before.
This is the one I want to see.

Well.. HBK vs Daniel Bryan is one to see.. and it can easily be the match of the year.. give these guys over 20 mins in the ring and we will be on the edge of our seats throughout the whole match.. With Michaels charisma and Bryans technical ability.. Whoa.. a must see match!!!!

Please God NO NO NO, HBK is retired, HBK will not wrestle again, HBK has said he wants to keep his word to The Undertaker and never wrestle again. Shawn has signed a multi year Ambassadorial Contract so therefore has a job and will not I repeat NOT wrestle again!!

It's a very small possibility.

If there was one more match for HBK, it could be a great opportunity for guys like Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk and even The Miz to get over and put on a great show for the WWE fans.

I don't like the idea of one more match I think that HBK is a guy who retired and is retired! He might be doing tough enough so that would be pretty cool! But Daniel Bryan vs. HBK that sounds sweet, also a CM Punk vs. HBK would be good too. But honestly he is done and he went out the right way! ON TOP

I have an alternate idea however, i think that there should be one last Sweet Chin Music! I honestly don't care who it is on, Vinnie Mac preferably, but there needs to be one last Sweet Chin Music at Wrestlemania!

Not only do i want this to happen, but i know it will happen. Michaels will come back for Wrestlemania 30 in one final match vs the Undertaker. Their feud is so good it must be a trilogy. Nothing ever ends at 2. There will be a third and final match. It will be Undertaker's final match and also Shawn's. Shawn's been around since 89, Taker 90. Taker will miss this year's Wrestlemania due to injury. He'll come back next year to get rid of Kane or Brock Lesnar for good and then he'll face Shawn at Wrestlemania 30. Shawn will end the streak, like Hogan ended Andre's. They're gonna make this 5 year build up and show how Shawn's hard work and determination can lead to successful results against all odds. Taker's streak has to end with his career, it can't be ended till he's ready to go. And unless the right guy comes along at the right time, it's gonna be Shawn. Mark my words. Vince is gonna have a golden statue built for that guy.

If it happens it will be against Alberto Del Rio, I feel this for a few reasons.

1. Shawn said nothing on RAW the other night, It was all Del Rio talking which is really disrespectiful to a guy who gets intruducted in the HoF.

2. The Sweet Chin Music was all that happened. HBK's move did all his talking in a violent way and that he did his celebration. This makes me believe that the HBK character enjoyed kicking Del Rio and he wants more of him in the ring. As a side note Del Rio sold that amazingly.

3. Del Rio is the next big thing. A WM match with Michaels is as good as they go in terms of wrestling honors and win or lose this will put him over big.

The only way this would happen is if the whole "retirement" angle was a work to begin with. It gave Michaels a lot more time off than he usually took after Mania, and a huge break to do the family thing. The thing that struck me as odd was right after the WM match with Undertaker (like a few weeks after WM) he was tweeting that retirement was great and he was enjoying being home... Shawn always took a long break after Wrestlemania and returned around the time of Summerslam, so him saying he was having a great time being home with family after "retiring" was nothing out of the ordinary after WM. He pretty much did that every year since he came back in 2002. If Taker asks him to come back I could see him returning. He looked like he was in pretty good shape on RAW last week. I would like to see it.

Maybe they could use Tough Enough to bring Michaels back. Make it like TUF. Two teams, two coaches. Then at one PPV, maybe Summerslam, the top two newbies fight to see who gets in to WWE, and the coaches fight. So Daniel Bryan could coach the other team, and they can have an awesome match when the first season is done

What I would like to see is...

After the HoF and WM...

Triple H comes back as the mystery GM...

He is face for a few months and then of course goes the Evil Boss route and runs RAW like the old Evil Vince used to... Maybe even have him wrestling every once in a while, while he is the GM... Build it up all the way til next years Road to WM where he screws Cena or whoever and becomes the champ again... (Maybe even, when he turns heel and starts wrestling regular, Steph could return and take over the GM spot since he will become a full time wrestler)

Anyway, HHH is the champ and he or Stephanie is the GM... They have full power of RAW once again... Until... Somehow, Shawn returns to face the evil HHH in a "Street Fight" (remember Flair fought Orton in a street fight on RAW after his retirement) for control of the company...

To me, this would be great...

Even if it doesn't happen for next WM, it will eventually happen... Being that one day soon HHH and Steph will be the top dogs and I can really see HHH in an Evil Boss type role and who better to try and stop HHH than HBK...

I don't think he'll ever be back full time or anything, but it's in his blood... He can't stay away from the Biz too long...

I dont think HBK will wrestle again. I would love to see an HBK match but I don't see it happening.

I hope theres tons of Sweet Chin Musics left though. =]

However, just to entertain the thought. I would like to see HBK vs. John Morrison.

shawn michaels is not wrestling again. as much as everyone is saying he is, hes not going to. did you not here him on his retirement speach. hes not going to pull a ric flair.

No,it would be a classic match but HBK is smarter than that.He is on top of his game.He wanted to go out of WWE with honor.Being retired by 'Taker at WrestleMania in the main event.He had a DVD coming out.He is done with wrestling...DONE.He's not a Ric Flair where he makes like 5 comebacks.And to trade that for a match with Daniel Bryan or Punk...no

damn are you guys really this desperate for one more match?! It's people like you guys that make Flair and Hogan still able to get jobs today. Everyone wants to talk about how Flair "stayed in the business too long" and how Hogan "just won't let go" but Shawn Michaels does the right thing and retires in his 40's and everyone's trying to write his comeback storyline.

Let him stay retired in peace, please. This is why the Rock hates us, we just never know what we want and we're always too selfish.

I don't think he will have another match unless it's sting vs hbk at mania. It would be great to see these to icons go one on one at mania. Especially with all the talk about Vince wanting Sting to join the hof this match would book itself

I would def. hate to see his one last match be with Sting. I never liked him, I just felt like the competition such as hogan, and Flair always made him seem better than he is. This would just be another example.

As much as I think Shawn retired too soon, I wouldn't want to see a second wrestler bastardize the fans appreciation the way Ric Flair did. He could still go for another few years if he WANTED to, and probably steal the spotlight for the better as usual, but again...retirees are quickly becoming the wrestler-who-cried-wolf. The differences with HBK is simple...he wanted to retire, and they let him. Flair wanted to keep going, but WWE couldn't let him. They pushed him into retirement and did the only thing he knew how to do...wrestle. HBK wanted to leave, and he's admitted the truth: he doesn't miss it.
IF, and it's a microscopically small If, he returns for "one more match", it would have to be worth his time and energy. It would have to be something he felt was important for both him and the WWE, and that would benefit everyone involved. That really leaves only one possibility in my mind... If HBK were offered the chance to wrestle one last match, possibly at an event like Wrestlemania, and to give a HUGE push to his former trainee Daniel Bryan, I think that's about the closest he'd ever get to saying yes. And as the OP said, the match would be fantastic. The two of them would put on the show of the decade, and in the end Bryan would go over no matter who won the match. But again...don't count on it.

I wouldn't like to see HBK return for a "Final Match". When a Wrestler is in a Retirement Match, they're in it for a reason, like Flair should've been. He obviously couldn't get enough of it. HBK, as great as he is, really needs to take care of himself nowadays. He's getting older and older as days pass, so coming out and fighting a match wouldn't do him any good. That being said, with the RR holding 40 Men now, I could see him pop out not be in the match, but assist someone in eliminating Alberto Del Rio, 'cos of that little thing we saw last week on Raw.

I cannot see Shawn getting into the ring again. I think he is one of the wrestlers who will stay retired, and I hope he does. I would hate to see HBK come back and not be able to perform at the level we remember.

However, IF..and its a big IF, Shawn ever stepped between the ropes again, I think it should be with the man who knows him better than anyone, his close friend, The Game Triple H. There is real history there, both as partners and as rivals and I think HBK and Triple H could still put on a great match together, they are both just that good.

Remember the street fight back in 2002? Who thought Michaels could still go, and yet he stayed full time for a full 8 years after that. Incredible! If he wasnt physically up to wrestling a normal match, another street fight style brawl could work.

However, I do not think he will be back, and we should respect him for that, and be grateful for the many great memories he provided us with over the years. The word "LEGEND" is overused these days, but Shawn Michaels is more than deserving of the moniker, he is a true legend in professional wrestling, and should enjoy his well deserved retirement with his lovely wife and kids.

Thank you Shawn

I dont see HBK coming back to wrestle, but in the Wrestling world we must have learned by now to say "never say never".

IF HBK did come back then surely it must be Triple H who he faces. I really thought this time last year when Shawn and Trips had a few disagreements we would see Trips turn on Shawn and him having the honor of retiring him. I was looking much more forward to this than Taker/Shawn 2.

If one more match is to happen, it would'nt be too soon. I wager we have to wait for something like WM30 where HBK will have his one more match. Having a bout a year shy from his career ending match just feels off for me.

Or maybe he will never lace his boots again, I mean who would have thought Austin would have not wrestled since WMXIX. Even most of us thought he would get one more run down the line.

If...IF, HBK decides to have another go in the ring, it has to be against Punk at either SummerSlam or 'Mania.

Punk is your next TOP heel for the company, and having a program with the much beloved Shawn would be wonderous for his career. Not to mention, the promos would be astounding and the match itself could be a classic. Nobody else.

Why would HBK want to return to the wrestling ring?? I mean, he's living a great life now. If anyone follows his tweets, or listens to anything HHH has been saying in recent interviews, HBK is without a doubt perfectly happy and content being out of the wrestling ring. I'm quite perplexed as to when someone shows up all of a sudden someone assumes "One More Match." I mean, of course some people do, Flair, etc, Bret Hart, Dibiase, Dusty Rhodes, Sgt Slaughter. But what more does HBK have to prove really? He's given so much to the WWE Universe, and superkicking ADR was just really supposed to be an OMG moment for everyone to talk about the next day at the watercooler. The same way he did when he superkicked Jannetty in the Barbershop. HBK has been to the mountaintop and back, he's getting to enjoy life and hang out. I really don't think there is any other match he needs to do. Let the man actually rest. Let's not have him lower himself to Flair's level at this stage, he's being honored in the HOF, and he just came to tell us thanks was all.

To be honest, We all want to see shawn back in the ring, but shawn will never go down on his word to retire fully from the ring. As long as shawn keeps making special apperances in wwe thats all i ask for.

imgres

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back