Shawn Daivari to Return to TNA?

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
SuperLuchas.net is reporting that former TNA X-Division Champion Shawn Daivari, known in TNA as Sheik Abdul Bashir, has re-signed with TNA and is expected to work this week's set of Impact tapings in Orlando.
Thoughts?

Bring Muhammed Hassan with him and I will watch TNA. Just to see Muhammed Hassan again, I would watch TNA, get out my Kuran or whatever the fuck his character is supposed to worship and praise Allah.

That's unlikely, so, really I hope him the best. He did poorly in ROH, don't see why'd they want him back.

It's not gonna cost TNA much since I read a lot of the people under contract get paid per appearance, so let him collect some money, he''ll probably used as enhancement, even though he is pretty decent. I would have liked him to do more in ROH.

Absolute boring wrestler, hopefully he doesnt come back. He killed of the X division.

BUT he was awsome as a character. good charisma, very confident, excellent speaker.

WE WANT MUMAMMAD HASSAN

He's a good signing, He's 27 at the end of April so still very young. He has a good character and I think he can be a good edition to the X Divison. Most would probably like the X Divison to be full of spot monkeys. But I would rather see someone with the charisma of Shawn Daivari, rather than someone as boring as Amazing Red.

I do like like Davari, but I really don't want to see World Elite all over again and I really get the feeling that he'll end up as the mouth piece for Hernandez' new group...

Looking forward to it, hopefully they'll give him something interesting, as he's been one of the better wrestlers in the X Division.

To be honest, I don't really care. TNA is pretty dead to me and I can go for weeks without watching it and watch it for five minutes and still understand what is going on. I like Davari but don't like TNA.

I do like like Davari, but I really don't want to see World Elite all over again and I really get the feeling that he'll end up as the mouth piece for Hernandez' new group...

I would have to agree with you about Davari somehow becoming the mouth piece for the "Mexican America" group... I do not think that World Elite would rise again, judging from how successful they were (he said sarcastically)... Also, LAX and World Elite feuded for a little bit, remember? With the brief cases?

- Back to the thread discussion, I think Davari can help out with the tag team division, or the X-Division... He has decent in ring ability, and TNA should capitalize on this.

I'm glad Daivari is back. He can bring some much needed attention to the X division. He will probably get lost in the shuffle with Hernandez anti American group. He is a good wrestler and can cut a decent promo. I hope TNA uses him correctly in either the X division or the sad television title division.

I'm glad Daivari is back. He can bring some much needed attention to the X division. He will probably get lost in the shuffle with Hernandez anti American group. He is a good wrestler and can cut a decent promo. I hope TNA uses him correctly in either the X division or the sad television title division.

This post is the same as mine, or similar. I guess I really forgot about the television title... That is how worthless the title is, I forget what it is about... Or that it even exists... I think TNA should set him up in the X-Division, because if they want to focus on reviving the X-Division, why not focus your high flying stars here? The television may not be here in 3 months, why waste story lines, feuds, and TV time on it?

Now they got another story that he contacted wrestlezone and told them he did not resign with the company which i think is true. TNA got a lot of guys they aren't using right now. They need to focus on what they have and use it correctly which is something they fail to do from time to time

Daivari can talk and thats about it. He has never interested me as an in-ring competitor one bit. He would be great as a manager but I am expecting TNA to put him back in the ring.

I would not have thought he would cost alot but TNA has a big enough roster as it is, so this just seems an unneccesary signing to me. What can Davairi bring to the table as an actual wrestler that someone else can't? Unless they bring in Muhammed Hassan under a new name to team with Daivari and boost the tag team division, I really do not see why TNA would want him back right now

I'm fine with it.

Sheik is one of those guys who's a heat magnet due to the anti-Islamic levels in the US since 9/11, and little has happened since to change that, which means he'd step in as one of (if not the) top heels in whatever division he works in (likely X Division).

Certainly better than Robbie E, that's for sure.

UPDATE: Seems as though he's not returning.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-former-tna-star-denies-re-signing-report-127163

Earlier it was reported that former TNA X-Division Champion Shawn Daivari, known in TNA as Sheik Abdul Bashir, had re-signed with the company and was expected to work this week's Impact tapings.

Daivari contacted WrestleZone this evening and informed us that he has NOT re-signed with the company and that he is still a freelance wrestler. Promotions interested in booking Daivari can contact him through his agent at [email protected].

I'll choose to read this as he is probably going to appear with TNA but has not signed. Which means MTFO, World X Cup! Ok maybe I am reaching some but it certainly could make some sense. The Mexico group is on the rise, most of the english wrestlers are lost in the shuffle at the moment and destination X is around the corner. I did not realize Daivari is that young. Certainly some potential there since he can cut a promo and as IDR pointed out people still hate those that look like him. Fine for the X division but unless his gimmick catches fire I would not want to see him much beyond that. I did like how his character was based on him becoming jaded at how he was treated post 9-11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back