• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shark Boy - He's Still Employed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I was amazed to see his picture pop up when I checked out the roster page on TNA's website. According to his Wiki, he hasn't been used since a web match on August 31st. He's not hurt, he's not wrestling anywhere else, and I haven't seen his name pop up for house show results.

Is he working backstage? Is he just not being used? Maybe he's going the way of Sojo. I liked him, as campy as he may be. He was absolute gold during the Stone Cold Shark Boy gimmick.

Would you like to see him more? Or, do you think he needs to collect a pink slip and work elsewhere? Be sure to include reasons!

Sharky definately needs to be used more! He's massively over, at least in the Impact Zone, and was one of the more entertaining gimmicks on TV for a while. But, alas, they're probably gonna be repackaging him. If that's the case, maybe they would be willing to let him dust off his old "Dean Baldwin" character.

It'd be a sad day they give him his walking papers, as it would signify the last of the "Cult Favorites" of TNA being released. Should that ever happen, though, I'm sure Shark Boy is more than aware that he's got a family right here in Middletown, Ohio, who would accept him back with open arms, and tears of joy. Let's just hope it never comes to that.

It'd be a sad day they give him his walking papers, as it would signify the last of the "Cult Favorites" of TNA being released. Should that ever happen, though, I'm sure Shark Boy is more than aware that he's got a family right here in Middletown, Ohio, who would accept him back with open arms, and tears of joy. Let's just hope it never comes to that.

As sad as it may be to say that, this means that they can live without the cult favorites, and start working with actual favorites. Shark Boy had his niche, but he's probably not the guy that will be on weekly TV for a company trying to be taken seriously as the #2 company in the country.

I enjoy watching him, but if I had a choice between Shark Boy and Curry Man, or AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, it's a clear cut decision.

I hope they don't repackage him. He just wouldn't be the same, and people would be more pissed than if they just let him walk...

I think he's being used to just put people over who are actually getting TV time. Shark Boy's pretty funny. The gimmick's definitely different. The Stone Cold ripoff thing was hilarious. I don't think they're gonna fire him. It'd suck if they did. He's not doing anything right now, besides there's a whole lot going on right now in TNA so I kinda don't blame them for not sticking him in a feud right now with anyone.

Sharkboy is vastly under-rated. He's good on the mike and in the ring, funny guy too. He just needs a modern adult gimmick to appease the general audience that likes TNA. I definitely want to see him on TNA more.

I'm hoping they don't release him. TNA wants a comedy wrestler, he's your man. Maybe they'll re-package him by giving him the "fired" case at this year's Feast Or Fired. But he'd need airtime to look credible in the match and not just random. Or maybe he can play double gimmick. One as a serious X Division wrestler and another as Shark Boy. He's definitely over without doing much wrestling, let alone winning. A role as the proverbial "Santino" of TNA could suite and save him.

As much as I thought his gimmick sucked (and as much as I laughed I thought it sucked) the people in the impact zone loved him. And really I feel that if your over and selling merch there is nothing wrong with spending some solid time in the lower card.

Don't waste time in the midcard for a comedy jobber, don't waste time in the main event with a comedy jobber. But as long as he sells merch and from what I hear he certainly was, find A spot for him. Somewhere nondescript where he can slide in and take up maybe 5 mins and keep his popularity up.

Merch sales matter.

Just My Opinion

I really liked Shark Boy.

I still like Shark Boy and I have missed him.

I thought he was fun to watch, and then the Stone Cold gimmick was so funny and entertaining.

I would love to see Shark Boy back on the scene.

I hope they don't get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back