Sex is like a television show.

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
...Showing up in the middle might cause one to have a few questions.

So I've been hearing for like a year now how good In Treatment is and how I so need to check it out. Yesterday, I saw that two episodes were going to be on early this morning on HBO Canada (Walter: Week Four, and Walter: Week Five) and I set my DVR accordingly to get myself a taste. What did I get? Meaty, no-frills drama that was well acted and left me with a craving for more. What else did I get? The realization that these episodes were well into the second season, that I may have been mildly spoiled on season one, that there were other episodes in between the two that I watched this morning, that In Treatment isn't available on my cable provider's On Demand service, and that season one will likely be an expensive rental at 43 episodes spread across nine discs.

And don't even get my started on The Sopranos. I just started watching re-runs over the last couple days on a channel that heavily edits the show's language and content (mother fuckers... seriously, leave it the way it was meant to be aired...) and I'm starting off in the middle of the fourth season.

It's so hard getting into television shows part way through, but this last season of House has been very hit-or-miss, Dexter only has twelve new episodes a season, and I'm still sad about the loss of Pushing Daisies. Excepting 30 Rock, The Office, and NBC's newest prime-time prospect Southland, I'm left with very little to fill my appetite for good television. So I have to back track to get into some good shows. Can be expensive stuff.

Have you ever had a hard time getting into a television series part way through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back