• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seth Rollins Takes Money in the Bank Contract

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
Hey guys, as you know now, Rollins is the Money in the Bank winner. This is a great decision by the WWE because Rollins, who reminds me a lot of Edge to be honest, got so much heat tonight. This also means Rollins and Ambrose will be near the main-event scene due to their rivalry.

Reactions? Responses?

So we all saw it. Seth Rollins, with help from Kane, climbed the ladder and grabbed the briefcase to become Mr. Money In The Bank. Personally, I saw this coming, and to be honest, I'm happy with it.

My questions for you guys are:

a) Are you happy with it?
b) Do you think he will successfully cash in?
c) When and against who do you think he will cash it in?

I'm pretty happy with this overall. It was a great decision to have Rollins win, and the assist by Kane has to make everybody mad. I wanted Ambrose to win so bad after he came back out, and Ambrose is really getting over along with Seth. For a second I honestly thought Kofi was going to win. It was time for him to get something too. I don't think Seth will cash it in, because I think he will end up dropping the briefcase to Ambrose who will end up cashing it in. My thought is Ambrose cashing in on Cena, I can see it as early as Summerslam.

I'm pretty satisfied he won the briefcase, and his aid from Kane makes total sense.
He did some great stuff out there, and that one bump he took when the ladder fell was crazy. The future is bright.

It's been a long time since the WWE had a real good breakup feud. So many teams break up and it's done after one or two matches(ie Titus and Darren Young). Rollins and Ambrose have the making of one hell of a break up feud, and this only adds to it. I think one of those two had to win it, and Rollins was the right one. Ambrose can chase the briefcase for while, and he'll probably interrupt a few cash-in attempts with Cena being the WWEWHC now. This feud has been perfect so far, and it's only going to get better.

i love it, the right guy won the match to me. 1) he's a heel and 2) he can wrestle and is only improving on his mic work. i feel that a world title run (whenever it happens) will be successful. my hope is he cashes in on Cena soon, but my guess is this cash in happens later, maybe around next year.

Love it. Rollins has shown tremendous growth since his ROH days in terms of being an overall performer and I've admittedly been a Rollins mark for awhile now. I was just ever so slightly disappointed he didn't cash in and win the title but at the very least, he got the briefcase and I'm thrilled about it. As I said in another thread, Rollins really needed that signature victory here in order to vindicate his decision to align himself with Triple H. Not only vindicate his decision but also vindicate and establish himself as a future star and a main event player, if you will. I haven't been so thrilled about the last few MITB winners we've had but I'm very happy with tonight's result in this case. I'm really excited to see where Rollins goes from here. Hopefully, continuing his feud with Ambrose on a one on one basis. I'm just ecstatic at the inevitable one on one match they'll have. Their matches together in FCW were fantastic.

The case was ALWAYS going to go to Rollins. He's been in HHHs good graces for a while now, since his time in NXT where he was heralded as the next wonder kid by Dusty.

This makes sense though I hated the interruption via Kane. There's already 6 guys in the match. Utilize one of them.

I guess Kane is plan c...after all, Rollins is plan B.

Overall, Rollins deserved to win, I'm a huge Rollins fan and I'm really looking forward to him cashing in.

Definitely the right choice in my book going to make very interesting TV over the next months. I reckon he'll be defending the case against Ambrose at some point maybe Battleground.

As for him cashing in, I reckon Wrestlemania. Reigns wins the WWE title from whoever, then out come Rollins and wins the title. Would be an awesome 'Mania moment in my opinion.

Had to happen really, and I'm cool with it. No point aligning Rollins with the Authority if he's not going to get something out of it. What an incredible match too! Some amazing spots.

I think it was the right decision from WWE. Rollins needed that win after turning heel and aligning himself with the authority, and the assistance from Kane made sense too. Anyone other than Rollins winning would have been the wrong way to go in my opinion.

Rollins (just like the other 2 former members of The Shield) is set for the very top, and is improving all the time. Having this briefcase means he will be able to cash in any time over the next 12 months when WWE deem he is ready for the title. I don't think we will see a cash in any time soon though, as Cena will drop the belt to Lesnar and a heel Rollins cashing in on a heel Lesnar wouldn't work- it would turn Seth face again. I think he will either cash in on Roman Reigns after the big man wins the belt at Wrestlemania, or will turn face again in a few months to take the title from Lesnar.

Good win for him, and I think Ambrose will question how legitimate it was with the help from Kane which furthers their feud.

I can't see him cashing in on Cena, as it looks as though Lesnar will return for that match.

I can see Lesnar beating Cena, Bryan coming in to beat Lesnar and the Rollins potentially cashing in on Bryan down the road.

I agree that it was the right thing to do. It was an excellent match and the spot where Rollins fell on the ladder, which proceeded to fall to the ground was very brutal.

IMHO Seth Rollins is absolutely not ready to wear the big gold. However, I'm down with him as Mr. MITB. He now has around a year to evolve, get into the main event picture and show off is talent.

I'd still love to see Brock as a champion (on a heavier schedule) defending it against Roman Reigns at WM31. That gives Seth some interesting options to cash in afterwards.

But - honestly - I don't believe that WWE will wait that long until a cash in. Having this in mind there is a valid chance, that Seth might cash in and lose. If this is for the greater good of a huge storyline, I'm down with it. Else, he really needs to gain some more authenticity. I'm not saying he is bad, but I don't see him as a main event player at the moment. He would make a perfect IC champion, but not HWC.
I never was a fan of putting the title on somebody just because he is a talented wrestler (e.g. Swagger, Ziggler, Miz). That takes prestige from the title and doesn't really help the title holder (how relevant is Swgger, Ziggler, Miz right now?).

Seth is an attraction now. We'll see if and how he handles it to be "championship material". Could be a really interesting summer!

rollins win is great one bcoz he needs the briefcase.
If he stay as heel then he definitely cash in on cena at HIAC after cena became the 16 time world champion.

If he change as face means he is directionless. He lost the briefcase to authority. But its not happened may randy turn as face.

It made sense. As a goal sought by The Authority, having their man win MITB effectively continues the storyline and gives Rollins a logical step in his development. No, I don't think he (or Roman Reigns, for that matter) are in line for a world championship yet, but what Seth did last night didn't involve that, so it's all okay.

MITB winners have traditionally been bad guys.....with a few notable exceptions.....so I don't think we'll be seeing Rollins changing face anytime soon, especially since he's an instrument of The Authority......and with their man (Orton, aided by Kane) not taking the other segment of MITB last night, it figures Triple H and Stephanie wouldn't be shut out of their glory completely.

Last night's outcome was in doubt plenty of times, especially with Dean Ambrose putting up such a good showing. In fact, the competition between the two was an added feature of last night's production. Looks like the answer was Rollins......at least for now.

It's a good thing Seth Rollins won.....and it's good they're ready to push him hard.....but not too hard. There's plenty of time.

Rollins winning was the right decision, in my opinion. Aside from the fact that, overall, Rollins is one of the strongest guys on the roster at this point, he worked his ass off in the match last night. He's someone that's not afraid to take big bumps and took most of the biggest ones of the match.

I wasn't all that wild about Kane interfering but, it plays into storyline of Rollins being groomed as "the future" by The Authority. Plus, Ambrose gets screwed over, he was protected and it made him look sympathetic even though he comes off as bat shit crazy.

Does anyone really think Seth Rollins is going to end up as WWE World Heavyweight Champion next year? No way. I bet Triple H cashes in that briefcase for him.

The MITB match was the best match of last night, but the ending undid all the hard work the other four guys (everyone but Rollins and Ambrose) put into the match. They all just disappeared. Ziggler, Swagger, Kingston, and RVD all had incredible spots in the match, then they suddenly didn't exist anymore. Dolph Ziggler proved last night that he is THE most over star in the company now, and he'll still be completely ignored by WWE. In my book Seth Rollins is not ready to be a main eventer, even if he holds the briefcase for a full year he may still not be ready. They should have had Ziggler or RVD win.

Best match on the card, hands down! Rollins and Ambrose are going to have some killer matches. Ambrose really impressed me last night. Butterfly suplex... bodyscissor DDT from the ladder... beautiful superplex off the ladder. Rollins takes bumps like a boss. Keep that sort of thing up and I will keep watching. I'm salivating for a 1 vs. 1 ladder match between these two!

Obviously Rollins had to get something out of aligning himself with the bad guys, so I saw it coming, but I'm not thrilled with the decision. We haven't really seen him on his own to make him a future WWE World Hvt Champion, but he's a good heel and I'll give him that. I had my money on Bad News Barrett before the injury, after that Rollins was the obvious winner. I think Ambrose is the most talented and he will get there at some point, as long as WWE keeps giving him the mic. All in all, it was a decent move but it's not something that I'm able to care that much.

It should be fun the Rollins/Ambrose feud, as long as it doesn't end like Rhodes/Sandow last year.

I'll always be more of an Ambrose fan than a Rollins fan, but I still love me some Rollins. I'm really happy for him that he's gotten this far. And he knows he's going to have to stay at the top of his game if he wants to successfully cash in the contract, or have a decent title reign.

The main event scene is so competitive with only one title. Cena is the champion, Lesnar is coming for that title very soon. Bryan will get his shot as soon as he returns. Reigns is right on the cusp of the main event. Bray and Cesaro aren't far off. And Dean Ambrose is getting closer and closer to being a star after his MitB performance. So Seth Rollins has to work his ass off to make sure he makes the contract win matter.

But if this means we get to see Ambrose feud with Rollins for the briefcase, I will be a happy man. It'll be like Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow, except not crap.

Like everyone else here, I'm glad Rollins won the contract. He has learned that you have to adapt and evolve to succeed and he's proving that week after week. He made the right choice in aligning with The Authority.

It should be very interesting to see where he goes from here with the briefcase. He's currently being groomed for greatness and I'm sure he's going to keep evolving and improving his game as he keeps holding on to the contract and bides his time to cash in. Don't sleep on Rollins anytime soon!

Like everyone else here, I'm glad Rollins won the contract. He has learned that you have to adapt and evolve to succeed and he's proving that week after week. He made the right choice in aligning with The Authority.

It should be very interesting to see where he goes from here with the briefcase. He's currently being groomed for greatness and I'm sure he's going to keep evolving and improving his game as he keeps holding on to the contract and bides his time to cash in. Don't sleep on Rollins anytime soon!

Not everyone. The majority of my friends were split between Dolph Ziggler fans and Dean Ambrose fans. We also had one rooting for Kofi Kingston and a few for Rob Van Dam. Not everyone wanted a guy who isn't ready to get that opportunity.

I thought this was the best match of the night...until the ending. I don't mind that Seth won, but having Kane come out was utterly ridiculous! Kane is about 5 or 6 year past his prime. Triple H and Steph need to find someone new to do their bidding because sticking him into all these main event matches and feuds and is beyond stupid at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back