• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seth Rollins should not successfully cash in the MitB contract.

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
It's almost a given that he will, although his presence during the Royal Rumble PPV main event now convolutes that. If he wins, then his reign must be short, unless they plan on making him the first person (?) to let it expire...which would be obnoxious. Maybe Cena will win and Rollins will just cash it in after losing. Either way, I don't think Rollins is ready on a booking level.

Everyone thinks he's the hottest heel and while he has all the talent to be a champion, Rollins would have to be the weakest WWE champion of all time and I don't think the company can afford that. When you go back and look at his PPV victories, he has pretty much won them all...except always with help. I get it, the authority is protecting him. But in actuality, they're carrying him. Randy Orton got similar treatment and even then, it seemed like he overcame a lot more odds and didn't need as much help as Rollins did.

Rollins mostly got his ass kicked at Hell in a Cell until Bray took out Ambrose. Even with two other guys, Triple H and his stooges interfering, he couldn't put down Dolph Ziggler. He also failed against Cena, despite getting help and cheating. But even worse than that, remember when Rollins fought Swagger in the lead up to Survivor Series? He had to cheat in order to defeat A JOBBER. Randy Orton lost to a jobber (Kofi), but the difference is that
-It was part of Randy's character arc. They drew attention to his losing streak.
- It was played like it was a fluke, as Randy dominated most of the match.

You can argue that it's putting on heel heat, but it's also making Rollins seem like a midcard player whom the Authority is forcing into the main event. It doesn't make sense for the Authority to do this, especially as Triple H was sick of carrying Orton around. It doesn't make sense to do this in order to put over Rollins, as Heath Slater can be victorious when put in similar circumstances (and he was when Rollins got a taste of his own medicine).

I personally don't think 1st time champions should get the gold by cashing in MitB, as it doesn't put them over as credible in my opinion. But Rollins seems like the weakest member of the Authority based on the booking, so I don't believe he should get the belt yet. If this was early-Authority Rollins, who was portrayed as a highly skilled jackass who could still defeat midcarders cleanly, I'd be okay with it. But if the guy who couldn't put down the guy who recently cleanly put over Luke Harper- an IC contender, somehow wins the biggest prize in the federation, it devalues said prize, if anything. I'd be less interested in seeing Rollins defend as every match of his would likely be 'Rollins, Kane, J&J Vs *insert hero here*'.

Plus, if Seth fails to cash the contract in after spending so much time showing it off, it would be the perfect kind of soul crushing defeat that he deserves. Of course, if WWE wises up and presents Rollins as a bad-ass who merely occasionally has to play dirty, then awesome...which means Rollins will still be the weakling when he inevitably becomes champion.

Don't even know where to start with this.
  • Heels often get help. It doesn't make them weak. It's called cheating. And cheating is bad, mmmkay.
  • Cheating and using allies is part of Rollins' character. He's cocky, and brilliant at it. Swagger is a jobber now? He's an unused mid carder at best, he's not Zack Ryder.
  • Authority favouring their golden boy is fine, it's supposed to breed resentment and antagonise the faces.
  • I'd argue the complete opposite about MITB champions winning the title for the first time that way. All completely depends how it is booked - and Seth is more than credible since holding MITB in my view.
  • If you don't like the idea of heels using friends to stack the odds over a face, then I don't know why you're watching, quite frankly. Rollins is a Cruiserweight and has a heel in the top division having allies helping him out makes every bit of sense to create an underdog mentality for a face that is bigger than him and would (on paper, weight wise) crush him.

To add, there's quite a few good ideas what they could actually do with his MITB briefcase: reignite the feud with Ambrose if he fails, start a feud if he wins, or even become the first person to let it expire, or at MITB 2015 end up having both him and the 2015 winners cash in on the same night, as it would be his very last chance to do so.

I agree and have made similar comments elsewhere. Cash ins can make for terrific moments but doesn't help make anyone seem like a worthwhile champ. It makes them The Miz. That is who Rollins is basically going to be if he wins on a cash in. Difference is that Rollins is someone I want to respect.

Don't even know where to start with this.
  • Heels often get help. It doesn't make them weak. It's called cheating. And cheating is bad, mmmkay.
  • \

There is a difference between getting help and having someone else score the win for you. Case in point, Barrett defeating Ziggler. He got some help by Kane, but he did win the match himself. Therefore, I want to see rematches because I accept that both are within the same league.

Cheating and using allies is part of Rollins' character. He's cocky, and brilliant at it. Swagger is a jobber now? He's an unused mid carder at best, he's not Zack Ryder.

Er, yes. Swagger is designed to put over talent. He'll beat other jobbers, although he lost to Titus O'Neil (of all people) on main event. But he's still a jobber,.
    [*]Authority favouring their golden boy is fine, it's supposed to breed resentment and antagonise the faces.

The difference though between favoring Orton and Rollins is that Orton was an established solo act. Same with them favoring Batista. Rollins has only proved that he works well in team matches. I know it's designed to breed resentment and antagonize the faces, but Orton was the same way except there was a better reason for it.
    [*]I'd argue the complete opposite about MITB champions winning the title for the first time that way. All completely depends how it is booked - and Seth is more than credible since holding MITB in my view.

I'd generally agree, but Edge, for example- was a credible solo performer when he cashed it in. He had other singles belts. Rollins has done little outside of being carried by Kane, Bray and others since the Shield fell apart (Note: To clarify, I refer to how he's being booked, not his talent. Rollins is probably one of the best performers on the roster).

[*]If you don't like the idea of heels using friends to stack the odds over a face, then I don't know why you're watching, quite frankly. Rollins is a Cruiserweight and has a heel in the top division having allies helping him out makes every bit of sense to create an underdog mentality for a face that is bigger than him and would (on paper, weight wise) crush him.

Once again, my issue is that seems to be all Rollins does. The whole idea of Cruiserweights has been irrelevant for awhile, as small guys can beat larger cleanly. If it was a matter of size and weight, then the Big Show would be put over in the majority of his feuds. Rollins is super quick and has a good moveset. If anything, his attacks can look more damaging than what the majority of Cena is capable of. My issue is that WWE is telling its audience that Rollins would've gotten nowhere without help. I prefer champions to at least be within the league of the people they're fighting.
To add, there's quite a few good ideas what they could actually do with his MITB briefcase: reignite the feud with Ambrose if he fails, start a feud if he wins, or even become the first person to let it expire, or at MITB 2015 end up having both him and the 2015 winners cash in on the same night, as it would be his very last chance to do so.

I do like the idea of two MitB winners cashing in at the same time, although once again, that can hurt Rollins just as much as it can help.

Seth Rollins should either win the wwe title directly, or win in by cashing in the MitB contract. Why? Because he had already proven himself. We might not like his booking, or it might not be a strong booking going into wrestlemania... but whatever the case, we all know what he is capable of. He has shown us in his time with the WWE that he can be great in the ring, he's comfortable with the mic, and he can play the roles of both face and heel.

Yes he should.

It's a fit for his character and I have no qualms with him winning the title that way.

Cashing in does not make him The Miz. The Miz makes himself The Miz, the briefcase does/won't do that to Seth. Seth is far too talented to let something silly like a briefcase cash in bring him down.

I agree and have made similar comments elsewhere. Cash ins can make for terrific moments but doesn't help make anyone seem like a worthwhile champ. It makes them The Miz. That is who Rollins is basically going to be if he wins on a cash in. Difference is that Rollins is someone I want to respect.

Ahh yes, because thats exactly what happened to Edge as well, he cashed in and was a worthless champion.

Seth Rollins has been portrayed as a Smart and Sly Heel character, and it wasn't for nothing that he was referred to as 'the Architect of the S.H.I.E.L.D".

As far as being weak is concerned, I think in the last segment of RAW in 2014, he portrayed exactly what he is all about, as he found a way to get the Authority back in power using his brains in inviting Cena to his 'celebration' etc. Another example would be his cash-in attempt at NoC on Brock Lesnar.
Rollins' job isn't to beat his opponents head to head in a straight fight, that is for guys like Rusev and Lesnar to do.
His job is just to get the job done in whichever way he can get it done and he has done a rather wonderful job thus far.

Having him hiding behind the Authority for as long as he is aligned with them is perfectly fine,lMO, as it generates more and more heat for him as time goes on.
Thus, it would only be fitting if he cashes in at an opportune time, in a similar manner to when he betrayed his S.H.I.E.L.D brethren post-Payback, and it will all be worth it for sure.

Ahh yes, because thats exactly what happened to Edge as well, he cashed in and was a worthless champion.

It was years ago when Edge did it and it was exciting and new back then. It is now an old outdated concept that doesn't make the sneaky heel champion look like anything more than the guy who did something Edge did years ago. Do you see the difference?

And off topic, Edge was not that great as a singles champion.

To be fair, didn't Edge have a handful of midcard belt runs as well before striking it big? On the main roster, I believe Rollins has only carried a tag team belt. I don't count NXT as WWE can't seem to make up their mind as to whether the continuity carries over.

Seth Rollins has been portrayed as a Smart and Sly Heel character, and it wasn't for nothing that he was referred to as 'the Architect of the S.H.I.E.L.D".
As far as being weak is concerned, I think in the last segment of RAW in 2014, he portrayed exactly what he is all about, as he found a way to get the Authority back in power using his brains in inviting Cena to his 'celebration' etc. Another example would be his cash-in attempt at NoC on Brock Lesnar.
Rollins' job isn't to beat his opponents head to head in a straight fight, that is for guys like Rusev and Lesnar to do.
His job is just to get the job done in whichever way he can get it done and he has done a rather wonderful job thus far.

The problem is that Rollins seems inconsistent as an intelligent character. On one hand, that segment with Edge was great in that it made him seem vicious, cunning and able to actually lead. But then you'll have moments where he will decide to leave the building before Cena had his Battleground match, wasting a potential opportunity to cash in the briefcase. The Brock Lesnar cash-in was arguably worse considering if he was smart, he would've waited until Cena won. Ideally Brock would tear him apart in rage and THEN he could cash it in. Instead, he attempted to cash it in on someone who practically no sold Cena's finisher. While Cena was still conscious enough to interfere.

I honestly do think Rollins will turn into a Miz 2.0 if this keeps up. Even if I can accept him as Champion, I certainly don't want a weakling Champion headlining Wrestlemania. Rollins might be more talented than Miz, but fans have turned on talented people before because of bad booking. Of course, the beauty of all of this is that when Rollins inevitably turns face, he will be an unstoppable beast. Ugh...

As of right now, personally, I think Rollins would benefit more in the long run from being unsuccessful in cashing in MITB.

I believe that Rollins should be and will be champion someday but, right now, I think he'd benefit more from having some more higher profile singles feuds under his belt. If he does cash in isn't successful, say from Randy Orton returning to screw him over & prevent him from it or possibly Daniel Bryan due to a continuation of his feud with The Authority, it could add some real meaning to the feud. After all, Rollins being screwed out of his moment of triumph would have him up in arms, The Authority up in arms and they'd want vengeance on whomever dared to interfere with their plans.

If Rollins cashes in at some point during the Royal Rumble ppv and wins, I don't think it'll do him much good overall in the long run because he'll almost certainly drop the title at WrestleMania XXXI less than 2 months later. No matter who wins and walks into WrestleMania XXXI as champion, I just have a strong feeling that a new champion will be crowned and I'm really in the mood for a good, solid run. After seeing the IC title get the hot potato treatment by changing hands 7 times in the last 6 months and Brock Lesnar being MIA for months on end as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, I'm in the mood for a meaningful run rather than something short. If WWE intends to keep MITB as its own ppv going forward and since there's only one MITB briefcase, it goes to figure that the briefcase should be unsuccessfully cashed in sometimes. As a result, I don't see Rollins being hurt by an unsuccessful cash in attempt.

In my opinion, he absolutely should. And it should take place at Wrestlemania. No one has ever cashed-in the briefcase at a Wrestlemania before, and Seth Rollins is the perfect guy to make history in that way this year. This year also marks the ten-year anniversary since the inaugural MITB match took place at Wrestlemania 21, which would provide a cool little footnote to the whole thing. (Kind of ironic, too, considering Rollins enacted a plan involving Edge and Cena, the first-ever MITB winner and the guy he cashed it in on, to bring back The Authority.)

Plus, Brock Lesnar has to put someone meaningful over. As much as I hate to say it, Reigns would've benefited the most from a victory over Lesnar. Bryan is already over and unless Rollins makes a strong mark at the rumble, NOT relying on help, then a victory over Lesnar would be shallow.

It would be interesting seeing Rollins outsmart his enemies. I just wish he'd learn to do it while putting himself over instead of needing to be rescued. I like the idea of Rollins being an unconventional main eventer. But when Kane, Triple H or Bray is scoring the victory for him, it no longer feels like his victory.

It's an interesting debate. I can see both sides here. Sometimes it portrays weakness or seems less meaningful to get to the belt through the briefcase. But then again, that's the entire point of the thing. It calls into question the way the briefcase works rather than just the specific situation for Rollins. It's kind of a silly thing when you think about it, the way it is allowed to cash in the briefcase in a "hit-and-run" type of fashion. I might be okay with the idea that the contract simply entitles you to a normal, fair match at a time of your choosing. On the other hand, it creates excitement that a cash in can happen like a lightning strike, and I suppose that's the point of the reward for winning the mitb ladder match.

Anyways, I'm kind of conflicted, part of me wants to agree with people saying Seth would benefit more from not being successful with his cash in. But then there's the larger part of me that thinks Seth is one of the few good things on TV anymore, and I want to see him get an amazing, vicious heel champion run.

They've also made a mess of things with the way Rollins has been getting involved with Cena, and competing for #1 contender when it shouldn't matter to him as the briefcase holder.

Someone suggested letting him be the first person to not even use the briefcase and have it expire. That would seem kind of silly logic wise, UNLESS he gets his hands on the belt through something like this upcoming triple threat match. I could see something kind of interesting and new coming out of that, the champion who also has the briefcase. Kind of a dead end in terms of where to go after that, but at least it would be new.

I dunno. I personally am ready to see him with the belt. I understand a lot of the criticisms in this thread about whether or not he's supposed to be a coward or a cunning heel, but that's the writers fault, not his. For a while now WWE seems unable to go any route with heels except the coward one. Or if it's a big guy, he can be a monster heel. But the smaller guys, you're either a coward or a face. I would like to see Seth get the opportunity to change that. I think he could be this generation's cerebral assassin. His attack on Edge that led to Cena bringing back the authority came across as fairly intelligent. I think that's what I mean when I say I want to see Seth get a run as vicious heel champ. I want WWE to book a strong heel for once. They're so afraid of how to protect everyone, matches have to end with run-ins or DQs, heels always have to be cowards, it's getting old. Seth is the right person to finally be a heel who is good at what he does.

The other question is what's the alternative for the belt if you don't want Seth to have it. Brock just holds it until Reigns or Cena get it? I'd much rather see Rollins get his hands on it.

i actually like the contract expire story. I dont mean he is a champion and mitb holder. After mania he try to cash in at every moment. At every time he try to cash in Ambrose attack him and stop rollins until mitb ppv. Ambrose wins the mitb 2015 and stop rollins last chance of cash in. Its going to be awsome. This is best way to end ambrose payback against rollins.

I like the let it expire story as well. Have Ambrose and Reigns block all his attempts to cash it in. Sort of use it as a way for them to get back at him for turning on them.

They haven't followed that path enough, especially with Reigns, and not only would it get the fans behind him, it would frustrate the hell out of Rollins, and nothing is funnier than a frustrated Seth Rollins.

In a way it they would be getting back at the Authority as well, by not allowing their hand picked guy to get his hands on the title. In saying that however, at the Rumble with Rollins in the title match, and still carrying the case, if he doesn't win with two shots at it, then he'll never be champ. I'm sure others have won with a lot less

i actually like the contract expire story. I dont mean he is a champion and mitb holder. After mania he try to cash in at every moment. At every time he try to cash in Ambrose attack him and stop rollins until mitb ppv. Ambrose wins the mitb 2015 and stop rollins last chance of cash in. Its going to be awsome. This is best way to end ambrose payback against rollins.

That doesn't really work, though. He can just declare that he is going to challenge for the title on X day, and the Authority ensures that no one will be able to interfere in his opportunity because of stipulations Y and Z. Having the case go un-cashed in would be the worst thing ever, and would absolutely ruin the person who held it.

I personally don't think 1st time champions should get the gold by cashing in MitB, as it doesn't put them over as credible in my opinion.

True, yet winning the title in this manner would be completely consistent with the way Seth Rollins' career has gone so far. As you say, he hasn't accomplished anything by himself, so wouldn't it be fitting to have the MITB shortcut as his path to the championship?

Still, his cashing in the briefcase has been blocked by the WWE storyline more than anything else; they've decided to install a part-timer as their world champion.....a guy who is very rarely around.....and besides, if there's anyone gonna be brave enough to try and cash in on Brock Lesnar, you'd have to figure it wouldn't be a "do-it-by-committee" guy like Rollins.

So, whether Seth should cash in or not, circumstances might prevent him from doing so before time expires.

Or....and I hate to even consider this.... John Cena might cleanly beat Brock Lesnar in an incredibly hard-fought match....reclaiming his glory, forcing even grudging fans to accept his effort.....but leaving him totally exhausted and completely susceptible to Rollins' cash in..... making Cena's supreme accomplishment a short-lived one, which would suck big-time.

Yuck to that......yet, I can see it happening because I doubt a heel like Rollins is going to let the MITB term expire without even trying to cash in.

By the way, if you substitute Roma Reigns for Cena in beating Brock.......same result. Double yuck.

I have been waiting years for a new type of cash in that isn't 'wait for champion to be beaten to a pulp and then cash in' With Seth Rollins in a title match and still having the MITB briefcase they have a golden opportunity to make Seth Rollins look strong by having him hold his own against Lesnar and Cena. They can have it where Rollins is about to pin Cena or Lesnar (due to a calculated attack) but he's thrown out by the other competitor who wins. Rollins then goes mental and clocks the winner with the briefcase and a curb stomp and then cashes in.

This would be a unique cash in and would show how good Rollins is

I don't see cashing in being as bad as some people are making it out to be. It's really not any worse than the usual heel tactics like pulling the tights, outside interference, belt shot/any weapon/low blow behind the ref's back, yet countless heels won countless titles cheating like this and history doesn't care. How they won the belt means pretty much nothing compared to their actual champ run, that's what truly matters.

More on topic I disagree. Winning the title through cash in cements Rollins as the top heel that they need, on the other hand making him fail at the cash in gains them very little. They're much better off having which ever face they want to push chase Rollins for the title and then getting that huge pop when they overcome all the obstacles the Authority throws at them and finally take the title off him at a PPV.

True, yet winning the title in this manner would be completely consistent with the way Seth Rollins' career has gone so far. As you say, he hasn't accomplished anything by himself, so wouldn't it be fitting to have the MITB shortcut as his path to the championship?

Still, his cashing in the briefcase has been blocked by the WWE storyline more than anything else; they've decided to install a part-timer as their world champion.....a guy who is very rarely around.....and besides, if there's anyone gonna be brave enough to try and cash in on Brock Lesnar, you'd have to figure it wouldn't be a "do-it-by-committee" guy like Rollins.

So, whether Seth should cash in or not, circumstances might prevent him from doing so before time expires.

Or....and I hate to even consider this.... John Cena might cleanly beat Brock Lesnar in an incredibly hard-fought match....reclaiming his glory, forcing even grudging fans to accept his effort.....but leaving him totally exhausted and completely susceptible to Rollins' cash in..... making Cena's supreme accomplishment a short-lived one, which would suck big-time.

Yuck to that......yet, I can see it happening because I doubt a heel like Rollins is going to let the MITB term expire without even trying to cash in.

By the way, if you substitute Roma Reigns for Cena in beating Brock.......same result. Double yuck.

I still think Daniel Bryan beating a departing Brock Lesnar for the title and then cashed-in on at Mania is the way to go, if they are serious about taking Seth Rollins to the top of the Heel pile in the WWE. Daniel Bryan did have his golden Mania moment last year anyway, so using his second Main Event as a way to build Rollins even more would make total sense going forward.

IF they don't want to bum the crowd with a Mania cash-in, then do it on the RAW after Mania. Same result, legit heat on Rollins...and then have him keep the belt for a long time, hey, maybe they could align him with Heyman after all, and have him beat CM Punk's 'modern-day title record in the process' whilst going through a plethora of challengers until someone overcomes him...

Just a thought. :shrug:

It's almost a given that he will, although his presence during the Royal Rumble PPV main event now convolutes that. If he wins, then his reign must be short, unless they plan on making him the first person (?) to let it expire...which would be obnoxious. Maybe Cena will win and Rollins will just cash it in after losing. Either way, I don't think Rollins is ready on a booking level.

Everyone thinks he's the hottest heel and while he has all the talent to be a champion, Rollins would have to be the weakest WWE champion of all time and I don't think the company can afford that. When you go back and look at his PPV victories, he has pretty much won them all...except always with help. I get it, the authority is protecting him. But in actuality, they're carrying him. Randy Orton got similar treatment and even then, it seemed like he overcame a lot more odds and didn't need as much help as Rollins did.

Rollins mostly got his ass kicked at Hell in a Cell until Bray took out Ambrose. Even with two other guys, Triple H and his stooges interfering, he couldn't put down Dolph Ziggler. He also failed against Cena, despite getting help and cheating. But even worse than that, remember when Rollins fought Swagger in the lead up to Survivor Series? He had to cheat in order to defeat A JOBBER. Randy Orton lost to a jobber (Kofi), but the difference is that
-It was part of Randy's character arc. They drew attention to his losing streak.
- It was played like it was a fluke, as Randy dominated most of the match.

You can argue that it's putting on heel heat, but it's also making Rollins seem like a midcard player whom the Authority is forcing into the main event. It doesn't make sense for the Authority to do this, especially as Triple H was sick of carrying Orton around. It doesn't make sense to do this in order to put over Rollins, as Heath Slater can be victorious when put in similar circumstances (and he was when Rollins got a taste of his own medicine).

I personally don't think 1st time champions should get the gold by cashing in MitB, as it doesn't put them over as credible in my opinion. But Rollins seems like the weakest member of the Authority based on the booking, so I don't believe he should get the belt yet. If this was early-Authority Rollins, who was portrayed as a highly skilled jackass who could still defeat midcarders cleanly, I'd be okay with it. But if the guy who couldn't put down the guy who recently cleanly put over Luke Harper- an IC contender, somehow wins the biggest prize in the federation, it devalues said prize, if anything. I'd be less interested in seeing Rollins defend as every match of his would likely be 'Rollins, Kane, J&J Vs *insert hero here*'.

Plus, if Seth fails to cash the contract in after spending so much time showing it off, it would be the perfect kind of soul crushing defeat that he deserves. Of course, if WWE wises up and presents Rollins as a bad-ass who merely occasionally has to play dirty, then awesome...which means Rollins will still be the weakling when he inevitably becomes champion.

The whole point of Seth's character is that he is the smartest guy in WWE. He needs to use the briefcase to his advantage, whatever that is.

if Seth fails to cash the contract in after spending so much time showing it off, it would be the perfect kind of soul crushing defeat that he deserves.

That right there is exactly why he DOES need to successfully cash-in.

Rollins losing his cash-in attempt would completely un-do his momentum. Unlike Cena, Rollins does not have an established history as a main eventer and former World Champion to fall back on. Cena failing to cash-in successfully did no damage to him for that reason. Why would you ruin the push of a guy who could be one of your top heels for many years to come? No. Absolutely not. Rollins needs to follow in the foot-steps of guys like Edge or CM Punk and cash-in opportunistically. Yes, it's been done, but he will get plenty of heel heat for it. Especially if he does it at Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania moment and nuclear heel heat for Seth if he defeats a popular face in doing this. There is no benefit to him losing his cash-in attempt. NONE. His big push with The Authority would have been for nothing and a complete waste of everyone's time.

To be fair, didn't Edge have a handful of midcard belt runs as well before striking it big? On the main roster, I believe Rollins has only carried a tag team belt. I don't count NXT as WWE can't seem to make up their mind as to whether the continuity carries over.

The problem is that Rollins seems inconsistent as an intelligent character. On one hand, that segment with Edge was great in that it made him seem vicious, cunning and able to actually lead. But then you'll have moments where he will decide to leave the building before Cena had his Battleground match, wasting a potential opportunity to cash in the briefcase. The Brock Lesnar cash-in was arguably worse considering if he was smart, he would've waited until Cena won. Ideally Brock would tear him apart in rage and THEN he could cash it in. Instead, he attempted to cash it in on someone who practically no sold Cena's finisher. While Cena was still conscious enough to interfere.

I honestly do think Rollins will turn into a Miz 2.0 if this keeps up. Even if I can accept him as Champion, I certainly don't want a weakling Champion headlining Wrestlemania. Rollins might be more talented than Miz, but fans have turned on talented people before because of bad booking. Of course, the beauty of all of this is that when Rollins inevitably turns face, he will be an unstoppable beast. Ugh...

The problem with the Miz is that he won the title out of nowhere and was lost in the shuffle with the whole Rock / Cena situation. Rollins doesn't have that problem at the moment. If WWE has done anything right it's the way they've built Rollins up since the Shield break up. Rollins is the WWE's top heel at the moment. And yes that includes Brock Lesnar. The main villain in the WWE right now is Seth Rollins. Entire episodes of RAW are built around him. That was never true with the Miz. And who cares if fans turn on him? He's the heel. They're not supposed to be with him in the first place.

As of right now, personally, I think Rollins would benefit more in the long run from being unsuccessful in cashing in MITB.

I believe that Rollins should be and will be champion someday but, right now, I think he'd benefit more from having some more higher profile singles feuds under his belt. If he does cash in isn't successful, say from Randy Orton returning to screw him over & prevent him from it or possibly Daniel Bryan due to a continuation of his feud with The Authority, it could add some real meaning to the feud. After all, Rollins being screwed out of his moment of triumph would have him up in arms, The Authority up in arms and they'd want vengeance on whomever dared to interfere with their plans.

If Rollins cashes in at some point during the Royal Rumble ppv and wins, I don't think it'll do him much good overall in the long run because he'll almost certainly drop the title at WrestleMania XXXI less than 2 months later. No matter who wins and walks into WrestleMania XXXI as champion, I just have a strong feeling that a new champion will be crowned and I'm really in the mood for a good, solid run. After seeing the IC title get the hot potato treatment by changing hands 7 times in the last 6 months and Brock Lesnar being MIA for months on end as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, I'm in the mood for a meaningful run rather than something short. If WWE intends to keep MITB as its own ppv going forward and since there's only one MITB briefcase, it goes to figure that the briefcase should be unsuccessfully cashed in sometimes. As a result, I don't see Rollins being hurt by an unsuccessful cash in attempt.

I think Rollins is ready to be champ. He's clearly head and shoulders above the roster as the top heel.

Rollins is at his point of his career, where a MITB Briefcase failed cash in wouldn't hurt him. If anything, it wouldn't surprise me if they'll have win the next MITB Briefcase and be a credible threat back in the title hunt again after what's done this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back