Seth Rollins' Finisher

Just Zay'n

Occasional Pre-Show
Am I the only one who seems to have a problem with Rollins dropping the Curb Stomp and adopting the Pedigree? Not only is the Pedigree nothing new and has become far too synonymous with a certain veteran wrestler, but I actually think the Curb Stomp looks more brutal, and is a much more believable way for Rollins to win matches against bigger opponents.

While the reasons for WWE canning the move are unclear (with most seeming to assume that it's too concussion-prone - which I refuse to believe, because pretty much every damn impact move has the potential to cause concussion if done incorrectly), what seems obvious to me is that the name 'Curb Stomp' was the reason, having the obvious connection to disgusting racially motivated violence, which wouldn't "fit the WWE's family friendly image".

But the thing is, the move itself looks absolutely nothing like the actual act performed in real life, and even if you can draw a connection, a stomp to the head is a very common move in pro wrestling anyway. Did WWE get far too carried away with this, and should they have just changed the name (like SteamRoller/Rollin' or something, haha!) instead of banning the move entirely?

I've always hoped that if he did eventually have a feud with HHH, he would be banned from using HHH's move and have to bring back his old one anyway.

I think it was purely a PR move at the time. If I remember correctly a group of former wrestlers had just, or were going to file a concussion lawsuit against the WWE.

While Rollins never actually hurt anyone while doing the move, because both he and is opponent knew what they were doing, it might have been seen as too violent. With all the drama surrounding head injuries in the WWE and the banning of chair head shots, taking out this move while the fans didn't like it, was most likely to shut people up who were against it.

The WWE should have come up with a new move for Rollins as it happened pretty quickly and he's adopted the Pedigree for now. I'm hoping he comes up with his own in future though.

I don't have any problem with Seth Rollins using the Pedigree, and I don't miss the Curb Stomp. I thought it was a good signature move, but never really bought it as a match-ender. I do feel they need to have Seth pick a different name for the Pedigree. Other people have used the Superkick as a finisher, for example, but nobody except HBK can call it Sweet Chin Music. Off the top of my head, I know it sounds terrible, but maybe something like the Blueprint, to build off his "Architect of the Shield" thing. It's all I can think of at 1AM, but I do think he needs a new name for the Pedigree.

I miss the curb stomp horribly, it was a great "out of nowhere" finisher, that didn't require an elaborate set up (like say the 619), he could hit it on anyone, and it looked awesome.

I would largely agree the name played a role, because there are a TON of moves being used currently that are just as bad if not worse, both in the way the look, and in the actual risk involved.

I miss the curb stomp horribly, it was a great "out of nowhere" finisher, that didn't require an elaborate set up (like say the 619), he could hit it on anyone, and it looked awesome.

I would largely agree the name played a role, because there are a TON of moves being used currently that are just as bad if not worse, both in the way the look, and in the actual risk involved.

I too miss it badly, It really had won him many matches not to say the least his first championship. One simple couldn't forget how he used it to threaten John Cena that he'll kill Edge. But I don't think there's a potential danger in that move and anyone can sell it quite easily. Let's hope WWE clears all their lawsuits and someday at some point we really see the unexpected return of Curb Stomp.

Cheers!!

Every time this issue about Rollins having an alternative finisher I bring up the same valid point-Rollins could always use his old finisher he used as Tyler Black before he joined the WWE, which is called "God's Last Gift". I'll post a video below.

God's Last Gift is at 1:23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_mcEJUT9L0

While we're on the subject of Rollin's moveset, the #3 move in the video I posted The Paroxysm (at 1:06) is another move Rollins could bring back as another signature move.

At the very least Rollins should bring back God's Last Gift. Rollins can lift most WWE wrestlers on his shoulders to hit that move and make it look convincing. Plus, it's better than Rollins using the Pedigree, which is pointless since it's not like he's gonna feud with Helmsley soon anyway over using Helmsley's finisher..

Every time this issue about Rollins having an alternative finisher I bring up the same valid point-Rollins could always use his old finisher he used as Tyler Black before he joined the WWE, which is called "God's Last Gift". I'll post a video below.

God's Last Gift is at 1:23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_mcEJUT9L0

While we're on the subject of Rollin's moveset, the #3 move in the video I posted The Paroxysm (at 1:06) is another move Rollins could bring back as another signature move.

At the very least Rollins should bring back God's Last Gift. Rollins can lift most WWE wrestlers on his shoulders to hit that move and make it look convincing. Plus, it's better than Rollins using the Pedigree, which is pointless since it's not like he's gonna feud with Helmsley soon anyway over using Helmsley's finisher..
There is absolutely no chance in HELL that they would let him use that move! I can't see him delivering that safely to someone much bigger than him... actually, I can't see him delivering that safely to anyone, it looks like a pretty dangerous move.

Paroxysm could work as a signature move, he probably wouldn't pin anyone with it but it'd be a cool addition I guess.

There is absolutely no chance in HELL that they would let him use that move! I can't see him delivering that safely to someone much bigger than him... actually, I can't see him delivering that safely to anyone, it looks like a pretty dangerous move.

Paroxysm could work as a signature move, he probably wouldn't pin anyone with it but it'd be a cool addition I guess.

Yea, Paroxysm would be a welcome re-addition to his moveset.

I don't see why Rollins couldn't pull off God's Last Gift if given a chance..Despite the fact that it looks dangerous, he's used that finishing move for years as Tyler Black..I've seen him do God's Last Gift safely in quite a few of his indy matches.

I could see Rollins hitting a convincing God's Last Gift on Bray, Helmsley, Sheamus, Ambrose, Cena, Reigns, etc Though obviously there's no way in hell he'd pull it off against say, Harper, Lesnar, Strowman, Big Show, etc but for the most part Rollins could convincingly hit God's Last Gift on a good percentage of the WWE wrestlers without hurting any of them.

Hell, if Samoa Joe can still get away with using the Muscle Buster after Tyson Kidd's neck injury, I don't see why Rollins can't bring back God's Last Gift. It's much better than the Pedigree.

The curb stomp was fine. The name "curb stomp" is fine. Whether the wwe is leaning towards safety.. Almost every move involves the head some how. For the name, if you're sensitive enough for that to offend you, change the channel.. Wrestling isn't for you. As for the pedigree it's not weird as in someone besides HHH using it, I'm all for passing finishers on. I just don't think Seth executes it smoothly, I think it looks sloppy and unnatural when he performs it.

Side note: that was my first time witnessing "gods last gift" that move is legit!

CURB STOMP was the best fit finisher for SETH to be honest..
Why they removed it is unknown but im okay with him using PEDIGREE..He hasn't made that look bad on him..
I think SETH is really great in the ring coz he doesnt make us feel bad at watching him use the pedigree..He does it perfectly..
He may also use the Pheonix Splash more often but im okay with him using Pedigree coz SETH ROLLINS is great..

The curb stomp looked dumb, hardly anyone could take it correctly, and it took about 15 minutes to set it up correctly. All the while, the guy taking the curb stomp looked like a moron just sitting there on their hands and knees waiting for the only guy in the WWE that does the curb stomp to set the curb stomp up. The only thing worse is a tree of woe spot.

Honestly, I would have preferred that his Superplex into roll out Falcon Arrow become his finisher, because that shit is amazing.

Quite simply, the Curb Stomp was dropped because:

1. It has very violent connotations and in reality, people die from being curb stomped, I knew one.
2. The WWE was dealing with a number of concussion lawsuits from past talents and The Curb Stomp looked like it specifically targeted the head. I remember reading a report stating that the Curb Stomp would eventually be brought back when everything has settled down.
3. They don't want kids using it in the playground... something else I read.

I don't mind Seth using the Pedigree but it just doesn't suit him. HHH was much bigger than Seth and actually looked like he was picking his opponents up and dropping them on their face when he did it; Seth and his opponents clearly look like they're trying to time the jump right. It just seems like a finish a more bulkier, powerhouse wrestler would use. I doubt he'll be using the Pedigree forever so it should be interesting to see what he uses in the future... as a face, I can see him having an aerial finish when the time comes.

God's last gift looks good and would make for a pretty good finisher. A lot of Seth's moves back in the day were awesome he is very talented in the ring, I just don't know why he does not use half of them now. The curb stomp was banned when WWE was going through that concussion issue and they were going to let Seth bring it back when things calmed down. The pedigree is good for now because HHH is his mentor and it is leading up to there big feud when Seth uses Hunter's own move to beat him.

I was never truly a fan of The Curb Stomp. Sure, on paper it looks ridiculously awesome but half the time you could see how fake it was and that's distracting. Not to say that The Pedigree is a better choice, but at least it makes sense in the storyline and that's more than any other finish has going.

Also, it was obvious that The Curb Stomp wouldn't be around all that much. Randy Orton's punt kick was banned, so why wouldn't Rollins's finish move? It's a PR decision and it's fine. Maybe he can save it for special occasions and bigger matches, just to give that vibe of: "That's it. The match is over!" and the guy kicks out and you put your hands on your face surprised. Yey, drama!

I do hope he gets a new finisher maneuver after this story with Triple H ends, so The Pedigree will stay for a while. Would be cool to see him use the Pepsi Plunge though. It suits him better and CM Punk's face would be priceless.

God's last gift looks good and would make for a pretty good finisher. A lot of Seth's moves back in the day were awesome he is very talented in the ring, I just don't know why he does not use half of them now. The curb stomp was banned when WWE was going through that concussion issue and they were going to let Seth bring it back when things calmed down. The pedigree is good for now because HHH is his mentor and it is leading up to there big feud when Seth uses Hunter's own move to beat him.

This, or Seth uses the Pedigree and THEN curb stomps his face in when he tries to get up.

The curbstomp just "appeared" so devastating. I thought once they took that away it took away some of the ruthlessness that Rollins initially showed. It's also led to his typical, whiny pandering toward the Authority at times. I feel the build to SummerSlam really did Rollins some good. He went toe-to-toe w/Cena on the mic and a major victory over him at the 2nd biggest ppv of the year. I think the Lesnar match was Seth's worst of the year. It made no sense that he went mano-a-mano w/Cena & Lesnar at Royal Rumble. Looked convincingly tough against him at WM 31, yet at the ppv before SummerSlam they had Lesnar look like an unstoppable force. Rollins has had a really good reign despite some of the interference. He'll always be the ONLY guy to hold the US & WWE WHC at the same time. I'm starting to believe Rollins once he turns face will become the next "FACE" of the WWE. This will eventually lead to a fan fav Rollins vs. Cena where Cena will win his 16th WWE WHC and turn his back on the fans.

Yeah, the Curb Stomp might've lead to some awkward moments when people would maneuver in position, but I think it looked better for Seth. Seth uses his legs a lot and I can buy his leg strength being strong enough to do that much damage.

The Pedigree was at its best when Triple H put on a lot of muscle. Seth Rollins looks too scrawny to believably KO someone with that move. But I'm fine with it to a point, as Rollins has been built up to be a legacy character for the Cerebral Assassin. I do wish Rollins used the curb stomp as some sort of super finisher, like Orton's punt.

I have a problem with Seth Rollins finishers. I never liked The Curb Stomp, just a terrible looking move that relies too much on the receiver to sell correctly to make the move seem like any threat. Plus, I don't like Seth Rollins execution of The Pedigree...it's just weak looking and he doesn't have that build for it like Triple H. He should have something that fits his physique...I'm not sure but it should be a sudden Stunner/RKO type move that hits quick in correlation to his character. The Pedigree is better than the Curb Stomp but ...ugh...not by much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back