• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seth Rollins and his comeuppance

MCMG

King Of The Ring
Rollins has pretty much been the best heel on the active roster ever since he split from The Shield. He has been wonderful but there is a time when the bad guy gets what he deserves; a beating.

On Raw, I thought it would be the moment. Noble and Mercury would be brushed aside as Cena and Ziggler finally get their revenge. He tries to run only for Orton (also desperate for his revenge) joins in. Something along those lines but it didn't exactly go down like that. Of course, they should wait. There is no point in giving it away immediately when there is a story to be told but I did think it was going to happen last night as a final, triumphant nail in the Authority coffin. I suppose, they had to protect Seth a bit.

As of right now, 5 pretty big names all want a piece of Mr. MITB.

John Cena - Seth cost him the World Title and was responsible for several attacks

Dean Ambrose - obviously the betrayal and general antics over the last few months. Moreover, Dean has never defeated him.

Roman Reigns - the betrayal and the general sense of unfinished business

Dolph Ziggler - There is the feeling that Seth has been handed everything; yet, Ziggler is the "hardest working" man on the roster. Plus, he cost him the IC title and various other attacks.

Randy Orton - well, Orton hates everyone. Also, Seth injured him and has acted like an asshole when they were team-mates

That is a lot of options. There are a lot of layers and I'm curious to see what happens. Surely, Seth Rollins gets an absolute beating. If my memory serves me right only Reigns has pinned him clean since The Shield split up. A clean loss is important but not as satisfying.

If I were to predict; Reigns will defeat him at least once shortly after his return and Ambrose defeats him at Mania and then absolutely beats the crap out of him in a rematch of some sorts. Something very satisfying and definitive.

Seth has been booked tremendously well. The fact he is Mr. MITB means he has something to fall back on. He is untouchable and is clearly the next big heel for the company but given all the aforementioned variables, I have to ask; when is Seth getting his punishment?

Problem with all this is; how often has someone in the Heelish category that Rollins now inhabits truly gotten a comeuppance beyond simply being soundly defeated in a legit match?

Consider the Shield, back when they were unmistakable Heels who were booked insufferably strong; if anyone ever kayfabe-deserved a 20-on-3 beatdown backstage, it was those guys, simply because they were booked to generate massive heat. Alas, they lasted long enough for both the Face Turn and Betrayal plots and never truly had to pay for their 'Injustice'.

Rollins is going to go much the same way, simply because his potential is far too much to warrant such a 'burial' (I really mean the word by the way- the kind of comeuppance his behavior has warranted is nothing short of a retribution/squash/******** that cripples a wrestler's momentum). Kane on the other hand, the Demon of the Run-In DQ, is significantly buried into a comedy segment for at least one week as a Concessions Worker. You'll never see Rollins reduced to that, or anywhere near it.

Calling it right now, you'll see Rollins turn face before you see him take his medicine.

I wonder if, despite the fact that Rollins is the best heel in WWE today, he will turn face before his cash-in or the fans will cheer him like they did with Ziggler when he cashed in. That being said, WWE has to be very careful with what happens should they decide to give him his comeuppance, whether it be a beatdown or a failed cash-in. Odds are if they do have him fail or get beat it will be against John Cena. If there is any superstar who constantly gets protected or is allowed to get his revenge at the expense of other superstars it is Cena. My money is on him, as much as I hate it.

The problem with Rollins is they keep booking him as an inferior fighter who only has his position because he has his own personal Kane, Noble and Mercury. If Heath Slater had his own Kane, he'd probably be pretty dangerous too. He runs too often, gets his ass kicked too often- only usually doing damage whenever someone else has beaten down his foe and needs help too often.

After the Shield initially split, it seemed like they were making Rollins out to be incredibly dangerous, as he was beating guys like RVD and Ziggler cleanly, but now I can't take him seriously. He even drove back Ambrose even though he was ambushed and Ambrose was wielding a crow bar. But now...he has become a little bitch. I don't get why the Authority would back him when he's being presented as an EVEN WEAKER Randy Orton (from a year ago)- which by the way, caused Triple H to practically denounce Orton during Wrestlemania season.

It will take A LOT of work to make Rollins seem credible again.

I don't think Rollins needs to get his comeuppance just yet...I also feel he will and should get a successful cash-in, which will only serve to get him more heat whilst cementing himself as a Main Event talent with the title around his waist.

Reigns and Orton are the 2 who will definitely be hunting when they return, no doubt about that...who actually gets him first is left to be seen, and it will be interesting how WWE handle it when the time comes.

I think Rollins will cash in night after WM after Reigns beats Brock. Not sure if it would b successful but would definitely start a good fued they havent resolved heading to MITB/SS. If Reigns isn't ready to go at WM I think Orton needs to beat Brock and have Rollins cash in successfully at WM. Either way one of Reigns/Rollins needs their WM moment this year.

I have a no idea. He's definitely living up to the top heel active wrestler in the WWE. I think there shouldn't be a punishment for him. Just let him manage to get away from those beat downs and continue to put on great matches like Punk used to when he was heel with Heyman.

Rollins is a chicken shit heel. Dont care for him, can wrestle, cant talk on the mic, the blonde hair is horrible.

I was thinking about this the other day.

What I'd like to see is something similar to what happened back in '04 with Orton and HHH. H and Flair were surrounded in the ring by Orton, Jericho, Benoit and Maven on Raw and he had no where to go, with the ring being surrounded by other babyfaces.
It's one of the best crowd reactions of all time and a favorite moment of mine.

H got what he deserved, the crowd were in to it and it made for a great moment.

We could have the heels be taken out, the ring surrounded by babyfaces and Rollins in the ring with Cena, Ambrose, Orton, Ziggler and Reigns. It wouldn't hurt Rollins at all and I'm confident, if built up properly, that people would pay to see it.

If you don't remember or haven't seen it, check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5UcTv8PGpU

I hope they give Rollins a successful MTB cash-in when the time comes. I consider him the most title ready of any of the 3 Shield members and he would do well with the title. There are a number of specific feuds he could be put into from that stage as was highlighted earlier in the thread. He's screwed over or pissed off a number of people and to me there shouldn't be any rush to play those feuds out.

I don't get how requiring Kane to bail him out of all his major matches makes him ready for a title run.

Sure, he has the talent, but so does Justin Gabriel. Rollins has been booked as a weakling.

I don't get how requiring Kane to bail him out of all his major matches makes him ready for a title run.

Sure, he has the talent, but so does Justin Gabriel. Rollins has been booked as a weakling.

He is booked as a chickenshit heel.
His role as a Top Heel is to look for opportunities to strike and in quite a few matches that has been portrayed very well. Just rewatch the Survivor Series Main Event and you will see his work in the eliminations of the opposition team members...

Think of his match with Orton on RAW which he won with a roll-up basically.

He isn't called the Architect/the Brains etc. for nothing. His role isn't to dominate, it is to take advantage when opportunity presents itself.

Just think of him as the "New Edge" in that regard.
Such a role will be crucial since he also possesses the MitB briefcase, and I have no doubt that his cash-in moment will be the next big moment for him as a Heel and will get his momentum going once again.

Whilst Dean Ambrose maybe the most "over" of the 3 former Shield guys, I think he needs a Feud Win to cement himself as a Main Eventer, whilst on the other hand, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns have already received such booking(A Major Feud Win) since their Singles runs began.

My money is on a Reigns victory over Lesnar, with an Epic Rollins cash-in either at Mania itself or on the RAW thereafter.
Though, the booking for that will have to be on the premise that Reigns has the crowd behind him as a Babyface, and thus, a successful cash-in moment gets Rollins required heat thereafter.

I'm going to bump this because it has now become more relevant than ever. Orton finally beats Rollins..yay! but Rollins walks out of WM the World Champ. He is the ultimate prick. In addition to Cena, Orton, Reigns, Ambrose, Ziggler we have Bryan (in the long-run) and a certain Brock Lesnar. The chase is on and I'm excited.

I'm curious to see where and how Rollins gets his head kicked in because that is what bad-guys are for, right? I reckon Rollins may hold the belt for a long time. Maybe until WM32 and he'll definitely get his share of beatings on the way. The wonderful thing now is they are only bruises and scars. He will have the title until someone pins him. Not many do smug asshole better than Rollins, HHH and Steph.

For me it's between three options. Brock, Reigns and Ambrose. Brock could win it as soon as Summerslam and start another long title run. Reigns and Rollins have a massive back-story and Rollins has managed to increase the stakes. He wasn't content with stabbing him in the back once, he did it again! Ambrose is obvious and if they want to build him then he can be the one to finally take the belt of him.

Before his title victory I reckoned Rollins getting a proper beating would be have the sweet moment that many have been craving. I figured that would happen at Extreme Rules but now he has the belt so the glorious moment where Rollins get humbled will wait and the journey should be enthralling to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back