Seniority in music

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
I was listening to a Tech N9ne song the other day. "Blown Away" to be exact. He was talking about how Keyshia Cole refused to go on stage before him because she felt she was a bigger star. Rakim did the same thing too. Tech was told he was going to go on stage first, and Rakim blew up and didn't even show up because he felt he shouldn't have to open for Tech.

This is the song in particular.

[youtube]6u_pwJ-MUdc[/youtube]

Do you think it's okay for someone to refuse to go on stage because they feel they're a bigger star? Or is that just stupid? Listen to the lyrics of that song. Get at me and lemme know your opinions.

Absolutely, some people deserve to say they aren't going out and opening up for somebody else.

Let's look at it this way:

There's a concert going down, and scheduled to play are Lifehouse, MxPx, Frank Sinatra*, and (I don't know) Matthew Sweet. The promoter decides that Sinatra will be opening, followed by the others in no real order. Don't you think Sinatra should be able to demand the headline spot, or walk? He's been around longer, he's achieved more, and he shouldn't have to open up for a bunch of young punks. Odds are, nobodies paying to hear the other bands, anyway.

On the flip side, if there's a festival going on with a bunch of nobodies, then, nobody deserves to make the aforementioned demands.

Really, for me at least, it all boils down to: does this person warrant it based on reputation, or are they just being a prima donna. Some people deserve that luxury, others don't. It's really just that simple.

*The Poster fully realizes that Frank Sinatra is no longer amongst the living. This is purely hypothetical.

Absolutely, some people deserve to say they aren't going out and opening up for somebody else.

Let's look at it this way:

There's a concert going down, and scheduled to play are Lifehouse, MxPx, Frank Sinatra*, and (I don't know) Matthew Sweet. The promoter decides that Sinatra will be opening, followed by the others in no real order. Don't you think Sinatra should be able to demand the headline spot, or walk? He's been around longer, he's achieved more, and he shouldn't have to open up for a bunch of young punks. Odds are, nobodies paying to hear the other bands, anyway.

On the flip side, if there's a festival going on with a bunch of nobodies, then, nobody deserves to make the aforementioned demands.

Really, for me at least, it all boils down to: does this person warrant it based on reputation, or are they just being a prima donna. Some people deserve that luxury, others don't. It's really just that simple.

*The Poster fully realizes that Frank Sinatra is no longer amongst the living. This is purely hypothetical.

Going along with my example. Tech N9ne was really the main attraction there. Not Keyshia Cole. She went nuts and just started throwing her 'fame' in the face of the people running the show. Saying she's never heard of Tech, just did this commercial, just did some album. Whatever. Started running down a list. That I don't find acceptable, granted more people might have heard of her then Tech N9ne, but that doesn't make it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back