Second Round: Detroit - Ultimate Warrior vs. Sheamus

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ultimate Warrior

• Sheamus

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second first round matchup in the Detroit Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated. Assume one week has passed since the first match.Location: Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, Michigan.

palace.jpg

Ultimate Warrior

the-Ultimate-Warrior-champion.jpg

Vs.

Sheamus

20102282059239897.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

I didn't vote for Sheamus in the last round, and I won't be doing it in this round neither, simply because of the fact that if we're to consider primes, Sheamus hasn't reached his yet, he's still a rookie, and because of that, he has yet to make any impact to the business, had any influence, hell he hasn't even properly dominated through the roster like The Ultimate Warrior did.

He went undefeated for a very long time, ended The Honky Tonk Man's 64 week long Intercontinental championship reign, and ultimately becoming the first one to cleanly pin Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania.
While Warrior might be considered to be extremely overrated, the simple fact is that he's accomplished more in this business, he's made a bigger impact, and he's had a bigger influence on the business than Sheamus has yet to brag about, therefore I'm gonna vote for The Ultimate Warrior.

It's Warrior. By a LOT.

Sheamus had a pretty weak title reign. It was big because it was a shock. Warrior had a big reign, including doing something absurd like beating Hogan at Mania in 1990. That's so big it's hard to fathom. he was the face of the company for awhile. No way Cena wasn't the top guy when Sheamus has the title. This is Warrior no matter how you want to look at it.

I really, really HATE Warrior, but he's going to get my vote on this one. Warrior might've not been the best wrestler, but he was far more dominant than Sheamus during his time. As KB said, he beat Hogan at Wrestlemania, and that is something that just didn't happen during the glory days of Hulkamania. Sheamus did beat Cena at the TLC ppv, but that win was a fluke, and WWE made sure to go out their way to let you know that.

Warrior should win this one, and he should do it pretty convincingly.

I've never been a fan of the Ultimate Warrior, but I can't bring myself to vote against him here. I like Sheamus, I think he's proven a lot of naysayers wrong so far and I hope he goes on to have a brilliant career. However, the Ultimate Warrior will win this match. Both guys are pretty strong and I do think that Sheamus could put up a pretty decent fight, but he simply doesn't have enough under his belt to go over someone like the Warrior.

I voted for Sheamus over Gordy last round because I do think Sheamus could beat him and that Gordy was more than a little overrated. Just because Gordy held the AJPW Triple Crown a few times and beat Stan Hansen does not automatically equal a wrestling god in my eyes. However, Warrior is just simply too much of a beast. Maybe in another 5 years, we'll see where Sheamus is at and maybe I could vote differently.

When I was 11 I thought the Warrior was pretty f'n cool. He beat Hogan at WM6 to become the IC and World champion. That's awesome. But let's get real, he was shit in the ring and even worse on the mic. Yeah, it's entertaining as hell to watch a YouTube clip of some old Warrior promo, but that's because it's complete verbal chaos. The WWE pushed this guy to the moon and it didn't work. That's because he was AWFUL.

Ok, so I should probably be the president of some Sheamus fan club- I'm gonna wave his flag for a minutre here. He's been on the WWE roster for less than 1 year and already has a title reign under his belt. And hey, he beat John Cena who is the Hulk Hogan of this generation. Many still consider him a tad bit green and obviously he has not yet hit his prime and he's a million times better than the Warrior. Unlike the Warrior, Sheamus has been able to have consistently decent matches with numerous opponents. He is able to string together a match that makes sense- not just chest pounding and rope shaking. Sheamus cuts a good promo. He has the accent thing going and I am still able to understand him better than the incoherent rambles that Warrior delivered into a mic.

For God's sake- vote for Sheamus.

I'm voting Warrior for one reason. That reason is Triple H. When Warrior faced Hunter, it was a squash. Gorrilla press slam, 1-2-3. Sheamus got pinned by HHH twise and had to attack him with a lead pipe and kick him in the head 4 times to get a pinfall. Comparing the ease of victory here means that Warrior > Sheamus.

And I accidentally voted for Sheamus. That's why voting at 3 am is a bad idea.

How anyone can vote for anyone but The Ultimate Warrior in this match is beyond me. As Ferbian already pointed out, Sheamus hasn't even reached his prime yet. In another year, yeah, maybe Sheamus gets over in this match, but not right now. Yeah, he beat Cena, but he beat Cena at a second-rate PPV, and in a manner that was anything but dominant, but made him look like a weak champion from the start. What happened when he got put on the big stage, against one of the biggest names of all time in this business? He lost. I will admit that Sheamus has grown on me the last few months, and I think he has a lot of potential to be pretty damn good in this business, but not yet.

With that said, vote Warrior. Did he turn into one of the biggest jokes this industry has ever seen? OF COURSE! But that is not what this tourny is about. This tourny is about who would beat who in their prime, and in his prime Warrior was a beast. He had a long long undefeated streak, he ended Honkey's 64 week IC Title Reign, and oh yeah, he was the first person to cleanly beat the biggest name in pro wrestling at the biggest stage of them all. Let me say that again, HE PINNED HULK HOGAN AT WRESTLEMANIA! He didn't cheat, he didn't pull on the tights, he pinned him cleanly, 1....2....3.... how many people can say that? 2? In my opinion, this match shouldn't even be close.

Warrior by a mile.

I love Sheamus. More than I love myself, but I can't vote for him here. Warrior was unstoppable. He beat an up and coming Triple H at Wrestlemania. Triple H beat an upcoming Sheamus at Wrestlemania. Warrior was just insane, I don't know how to explain it. Warrior would actually annihilate Sheamus to the point that he would never return. I's Warrior and it's not close.

I'm not even sure Sheamus deserved a place in the tourney, let alone the second round. Warrior would squash him like an Irish bug.

Sheamus v. Warrior.....well I guess the rookie would try and stand tall against the warrior, but I think a series of clotheslines by Warrior pretty much rattles Sheamus' cage and disrupts whatever plans he may have had for offense against the Warrior. In all due respect, he hopefully has a great future, but the UW was the face of WWF/E while Hogan was off filming "No Holds Barred". Anyway, getting back to this match, Warrior steamrolls Sheamus with a series of clothelines, followed up by a gorilla press and a splash for the 1-2-3. Sheamus just isn't ready at this point in his career for a matchup against the Warrior. not yet anyway.

Vote Warrior.

I think Sheamus sucks my balls. And it's an easy vote for Warrior here. Then again, Warrior should be going against Terry Gordy, but that's beside the point.

Warrior dominated people for the better part of his career. And Sheamus wouldn't know what to do with him once he got up from the kick to the face and started running around and pressing the air up toward the sky.

It's Warrior in a 2 minute squash.

Not only did Warrior completely dominate basically everybody, but he was entertaining as hell. Once you start watching his insane and incoherent promos, you can't get enough. It's just fantastic. Any wrestler struggling to make a breakthrough should adopt the "I can't put together a full sentence" gimmick.

I've actually grown to like Sheamus more and more recently, but he's just completely outmatched here. Maybe in a few years, but certainly not at this point.

I have a man crush on Sheamus but I fucking loved Warrior. I honestly love both of them but the Warrior did not lose cleanly to anyone. He no sold pretty much everything and would get up after anything. In a few years I might be voting Sheamus but not right now. His wins just aren't that impressive. Most are gimmich match wins. So I am voting for Warrior in a solid match.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I DISPISE The Ultimate Warrior but he's facing Sheamus, an up and comer who I like but can't justify as to why he should go over Warrior. Fact is, Warrior beat the BIGGEST name in wrestling history, CLEAN! Sheamus has beaten Cena in a Tables match, Orton by DQ and had to jump HHH to beat him. Warrior should win (and I hate saying that).

Both of these guys are a tad unstable to say the least. Both are powerhouses and physical specimens as well. Their matchup would most likely be a physical one, even if it isn't too pretty. What gives Warrior the edge, though, is his overall display of intensity.

He is a maniac in his promos. He runs at breakneck speed to the ring. And, as many of his opponents would profess, he's an unpredictable son of a bitch in that squared circle.

Sheamus may provide a good test for "The Ultimate One," but there were probably those that thought HHH would do the same when he was an up-and-comer. Warrior wins this bout in my opinion.

Sheamus is better than people are giving him credit for, but his big wins have come by DQ or in gimmick matches, so I just don't think he has what it takes here. Warrior was nigh on unstoppable and as much as people shit on him, the fact of the matter is that he was able to carry the company for a while. Hogan may have come back to the fray, but I fancy that has more to do with Warrior being a giant knobend than his drawing ability - the ratings didn't go anywhere when he wasn't there. Warrior takes this one comfortably.

No contest here.

I also don't think Sheamus should even be in the tournament. He's too new, and it's not fair at all to judge his career this soon. Same deal with Jack Swagger. I think there should be a rule in this tournament that a wrestler has had to have wrestled in a major promotion for at least 5 years. Kind of like how it there's time-based criteria for inclusion into HOF's. There's rules for all HOF's. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame can't induct an artist without being around for 25 years. Sports HOF's have similar criteria. I mean if this tournament is supposed to determine who is the greatest wrestler of all-time, how in the world can we already be considering Sheamus and Jack Swagger for this? Not my call obviously, but that's my opinion on it.

But anyways to the matchup, it's still not a contest. I'm not a Sheamus hater at all. He's got a unique look, I think he's good on the mic, and he's certainly had some solid matches since his rise to the top. I'm not a huge fan, nor hater. I have no problem with him where he's at. I think it's good that WWE is elevating newer younger guys. But still the fact of the matter is that the Ultimate Warrior ate guys like Sheamus for breakfast during his prime.

If we're talking kayfabe here, Warrior beat everyone. Andre the Giant even. If Warrior was able to beat Andre, Hogan, Randy Savage, Rick Rude, and even bigger guys like Warlord, Andre, Big Boss Man, etc. would he really have trouble with Sheamus? Absolutely not. If Warrior could withstand five of Randy Savage's flying elbow drops, would he be able to withstand pretty much anything Sheamus could dish out? Of course.

Sheamus might be able to take Warrior down for awhile, because Sheamus has proven to be pretty crafty. But eventually the Warrior will "warrior up" (can't say "hulk up" lol) go crazy and destroy Sheamus just like all of the other big guys he fought.

Warrior would gorilla press slam him, do his running shoulder tackles, and splash him to hell. Sheamus is done, 1-2-3. Warrior moves on to Round 3.

That simple.

Here's a match between two guys that are really hated by most of the smarky fans in the world. Sure, Warrior gets a ton more credit than he actually deserves in this business. But, at the same time, Sheamus doesn't really get enough credit.

But either way, shoving aside Warrior's Goldberg-esque dominance for a good portion of his early career, he really put on some tough matches against guys like Randy Savage and Rick Rude.

Even though many of Sheamus's matches have had him on the winning end, he really hasn't done anything that's truly been nearly as impressive as what the Warrior has accomplished over the years.

This is why everyone should vote for the Warrior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back