First Round: Detroit - Abdullah the Butcher vs. Ultimate Warrior

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Abdullah the Butcher

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the Detroit Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

palace.jpg

Abdullah the Butcher

abdullah021610.jpg

Vs.

Ultimate Warrior

the-Ultimate-Warrior-champion.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Kayfabe: Abdullah the Butcher is a god damned beast. A freakish pile of man and violence. But the Warrior is the avatar of Destrucity. Abdullah is at a disadvatage in a non-gimmick match, and the Warrior can tap into the power of the Little Warriors, who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice so that the Warrior may overcome all odds.

Performance: Abdullah bled. And could make you bleed as well. The Ultimate Warrior was living lightning in the ring (sloppy and stiff as all hell, but still). Abdullah would probably win a real fight between the two, but in a singles match with these rules, the odds are not in his favor. His size helps, as does his tenacity and his durability, but Warrior had the speed and the power.

Personal: Abdullah became a favorite of mine in my teens, when I was discovering that older generation of wrestling, and the overseas stuff. But the Ultimate Warrior was THE man when I started getting into this stuff. He's become a crackpot in his old age, and let's just not talk about the Santa comic, but he's the fucking Ultimate Warrior!

Warrior for the win.

In it's own way, this could be an interesting match. Abdullah the Butcher is among the first wrestlers that spring to mind whenever anyone uses the word hardcore. This match, however, isn't a hardcore match and there are rules that have to be followed. As a result, that's going to limit some of what he can do. Considering his size, Abdullah was pretty fast and did have some legitimate skill in the martial arts, particularly in judo. If it were a hardcore match, I'd vote Abdullah and not even think twice about it. The Warrior was one of the biggest stars of the late 80s and early 90s. His clean win over Hulk Hogan at WM VI and winning the WWF Championship might possibly be the single biggest championship win of the past 20 years. The Warrior was never what anyone would call a master inside the ring. Truth is, his move set and offense were pretty elementary in the ring.

Some of the Warrior's offense is going to be negated simply due to Abdullah the Butcher's size. Kayfabe wise, it would probably take most of the Warrior's best shots being hit multiple times to take Abdullah off of his feet. Abdullah's sheer weight is also going ot negate the Warrior's use of the gorilla press/splash combo. I'm not a fan of the Warrior at all, never have been. I think he's the epitome of overrated. But, I think he would have somehow come out with a win over Abdullah in a standard match. The Warrior was much more athletic, much faster and more agile and I think the Warrior's superior athleticism could have worn Abdullah down enough for the Warrior to score a victory.

I really dislike The Ultimate Warrior but there's no way I can vote against him here. Warrior main evented a WrestleMania. He was the first person in SEVEN YEARS to cleanly pin Hulk Hogan, Abbdullah, attacks people with a fork. This isn't a harcore match and that was The Butcher's only real chance. He's screwed. Full Stop.

BatShit Crazy, I'll go ahead and get that out of the way. Abdullah was a fucking freak, and really pretty much invented Hardcore wrestling. I was shocked to find out that the guy was in his 50's when he wrestled briefly in ECW. The name of Abdullah is something that I've heard since I was young, but never fully realized how long the guy had been doing what he does.

That being said, I hate the Ultimate Warrior, but dude was a 1 Dimensional beast. Guys like the Butcher get flattened by guys like the Warrior.

warriors intensity beats the butcher because abdullah usually has very long matches warrior does not and would come to the ring run around like a mad man hit the slam and splash for the win

Hardcore match or not, Warrior should win this match. He is faster and stronger than Abdullah and seemingly impervious to everything but extreme cheating. He beat Hogan, and that will come up a lot, but of more consequence here is the fact that he beat Andre the Giant fairly straightforwardly. Andre was a behemoth, much bigger than Abdullah, and though he was past his best, he was still a much bigger prospect than Abdullah. Warrior is strong enough to make light work of Abdullah here.

I confess that I am not a fan of the Warrior in any way shape or form, but I don't think Abby gets past him. If the warrior doesn't run him over with a series of clotheslines right out of the gate, the other end I could foresee would have Abby being DQ'd for ... yep, using a foreign object. Either way, Abby loses.

Abdullah is a hardcore God, but he will fall victim to the craziness of the Ultimate Warrior. Both these guys are all kinds of freaky crazy. Warrior might be one of the most one dimensional wrestlers to step foot in the ring, but he will get it done here against the Butcher. Should be an interesting matches, but Warrior ends it and moves on.

Warrior was a force, but do we really think he could beat Abdullah so close to home? Yes, Abdullah was born and raised right across the river from Detroit. The Butcher was a butcher on a regular night, as I'm sure you can imagine. But that's not all Warrior would be dealing with. Seeing his friends and family from the area in the middle of the 20th century in the audience, I can't imagine Aby letting them down.

Abdullah in an upset.

This match is a 30 second squash fest with Butcher trying to cut up Warrior with a weapon before the bell, only to have Warrior find ungodly powers through the ropes that no one else (with slight exception to Batista) has ever been able to find.. and pancake Butcher with a pair, or trio, of clotheslines followed by a big splash and a 3-count.

Warrior was never pretty in what he did, but the man whether you loved, hated, or wished he'd just die.. was fucking effective. He came, he got beat down, he rose with new life, he squashed his opponents. All in the span of under 5 minutes, most times.

I personally loved Warrior. He was full of energy, and life for that matter. The guy was so crazy, you couldn't help but be entertained by him. Which was every bit of what Wrestling was about. Entertainment. Warrior was the top guy in the Company, and thus far one of the only men to ever hold a clean pinfall victory over arguably the one man (Hogan) who many consider the best.. ever. That, to me, makes Warrior pretty fucking unstoppable.

I would pay SO much money to watch this match.

Abby goes insane, gets a fork and gets DQed most of the time.

If not, Warrior's speed is too much for a slow wrestler like Abby to keep up with. He'll get thundered by some clotheslines, slammed and splashed for the 1-2-3. i just cannot imagine a way Abby wins this.

I have to give the win to Warrior. I really like Abdullah and I enjoy watching his harcore matches and I really respect how even at his age he is willing to put on blood bath's for the fans. But Warrior was a beast and would sqaush people like Abdullah on a daily basis. I could see him taking him out in about 2 minutes. If this was a hardcore match I could see Abdullah hanging in a bit more but the ending would be the same as I think now and that is Warrior standing over a beaten Abdullah.

Abdullah is a hardcore Icon, but the Ultimate Warrior was a massive force in WWF. If Abdullah and Warrior would've been in a Hardcore match Abdullah would havebeen victorious without a sweat, but this match is a regular singles match and Warrior will out wrestler him. Winner: The Ultimate Warrior.

As much as I love Butcher, and I do, he was and still is a crazy guy to see wrestle, this is Warriors. I can see it now, Butcher in the ring with a pair of scissors, and cue Warriors music. He hits the ring at 63MPH, jumps around, Ultimate Splash, and pins Abdullah in no time. Easy match due to Warriors speed, power, and speed.

Abdullah is insane with weaponry and will be remembered for such, but When comparing the two, Warrior is superior. Kayfabe, he is quick, strong, and has defeated many top names such a Hogan. Non-kayfabe, he did a lot for the business and was pretty significant at one point. Warrior wins, easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back