SDL as the Perfect Indy Show.

AegonTargaryen

Championship Contender
I was just wondering..what if Samoa Joe showed up on SDL tomorrow? (Along with Finn Balor and perhaps Rollins)

I know it's most probably not going to happen as Joe's feuding with Reigns and they need him on Raw(in case Balor, Rollins and Strowman assumingly are moved to SDL).

That'd make the SDL scene like:-

Styles, Nakamura
Finn Balor and the Club(assuming they are moved to SDL)

That means Balor, Styles and the Club on the same show.
And they have Nakamura and Daniel Bryan
And Joe!

And then I thought-what if KO and Sami Zayn were there too? And Rollins? That'd be too much.

That'd be the perfect Indy show.

They'd still miss out on Ziggler though LOL.

What if the WWE actually did this somewhere down the line?

Making SDL the WRESTLING show, with all the aforementioned, and American Alpha, Revival etc. in the tag division..

It'd almost become an alternative product(sort of when TNA had the X-division with Styles, Joe, and came across as something UNIQUE).

Just imagine-Joe, Balor, Styles, Nakamura, KO, Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins, Ziggler, and Bryan all on the SAME SHOW.

The only other name that's missing is CM Punk of course.

And I've not included Dean Ambrose despite his Indy origins and infamy as Jon Moxley because the criteria I used is a specific style of wrestling with lots of athleticism and technicality, and Ambrose is obviously more of a brawler and a character-based worker.

As a side note-Vince McMahon would probably not be "too high" on such show but his Dream would be a show(Raw obviously) where Reigns, Strowman, Lesnar, Cena, HHH, Orton, and Jinder Mahal(LOL!) wrestled.

Your thoughts?

So you’re thinking of making Raw the homegrown show with Stars who started out in NXT and Smackdown the dependent Independent show. Sounds like a WWE 2K Universe idea that could work in reality. This would mean no Draft or Shakeup. I like the idea, but I don’t love it. I still prefer my idea (which is also a WWE 2K Universe idea) of anyone who has ever held a World Championship Title from any promotion to Raw, anyone who has ever held a Championship from any promotion, but never held a World Championship Title to Smackdown, and anyone who has never won a Championship of any kind, anywhere to NXT.

I don't know, I kinda like the combination of different kinds of performers on both shows. Even NXT, they all need to have the bigger, stronger guys, the smaller underdogs and everything in between. To me, it's the only way to keep it interesting. Don't get me wrong, some of the combinations from the guys you list up there would make for excellent matches, and because they're not the one the same show, it isn't a reality for a while. But, the reality is that more and more stars are coming from these indy scenes and I imagine in a few years it'll be hard to ever try something like this when the majority of the roster has come from different promotions, or at least come through the ranks independently.

I like your idea but I don't think that it will ever happen, and I actually prefer to change the scenes once a year with the superstar shakeup.

But I see your point, it would be the best Indy show ever.

SD already feel like "the best of indy" show under WWE banner.
To me the show miss on WWE veterans. While RAW have Angle, HHH, Kane, Show, Goldust, Lesnar and probably Taker appearing here and there, SD have nothing for a nostalgia factor.
Too bad Jericho is busy, he alone will make SD main event scene much better, you know as veteran heel headliner, who he really is, and he will make for many dream match ups right now.
Oh, and Asuka clearly needs a manager mouthpiece, so she can be even more over and finally a dominant champ. Heyman maybe, why not, the association with Lesnar alone and his promos will make Asuka feel MUCH MUCH more important.
Oh and someone like Sting as commisioner, who's character will feel right at home with Paige, will add some starpower, and the thoght of Shane'O clashing with SD maineventers will never cross Road Dogg's or Vince's mind again. On screen gms should be just that - on screen show managers and comissioners who does not involve in matches.

Oh, and Asuka clearly needs a manager mouthpiece, so she can be even more over and finally a dominant champ. Heyman maybe, why not, the association with Lesnar alone and his promos will make Asuka feel MUCH MUCH more important.

I can't agree more, Asuka is just horrible on the mic because she has to speak English to connect with audience, having a manager would put her on a whole new level as you said, but I don't Heyman will ever accept that.

Well, maybe someone else, any japanese/chinese guys who can talk good will make it work.
And some special announcement for her. Does someone here remember "from the land of rising sun, Gary Hart presents..."

I can't agree more, Asuka is just horrible on the mic because she has to speak English to connect with audience, having a manager would put her on a whole new level as you said, but I don't Heyman will ever accept that.
Same reason i believe Shinsuke as champion didn't happen...

Actually i see a big potential in non american stars being on the roster...you know when world championships (soccer, hockey, tennis) do happen, everyone watch their own team, why not use it in WWE, let say ressurect King of the Ring, and make it 8 countries compete for the crown, THEN this tournament will have some reason to exist:
Xt7bSnz.jpg

And this is the place where Flair should be overthrown by Asuka, (what really should happen at WM34 this year) without title on the line.

I remember reading an article a while ago saying that Raw should stay largely as it is with the WWE titles (WWE World, IC, Tag, Womens) and Smackdown and NXT should Merge and have NXT titles (NXT Heavyweight, NXT Tag, NXT Womens, NXT US title). This would in effect kill off the brand extension as the main roster would simply have been Raw, the other show would be Smackdown/NXT combined. WWE Raw would have a monthly PPV as would NXT, the NXT shows would be on a Saturday. Smackdown/NXT would still be the minor leagues and getting called up to WWE Raw would be the major leagues.

Thoughts?

I remember reading an article a while ago saying that Raw should stay largely as it is with the WWE titles (WWE World, IC, Tag, Womens) and Smackdown and NXT should Merge and have NXT titles (NXT Heavyweight, NXT Tag, NXT Womens, NXT US title). This would in effect kill off the brand extension as the main roster would simply have been Raw, the other show would be Smackdown/NXT combined. WWE Raw would have a monthly PPV as would NXT, the NXT shows would be on a Saturday. Smackdown/NXT would still be the minor leagues and getting called up to WWE Raw would be the major leagues.

Thoughts?

The brand split is already dead... Just look at Backlash. The WWE title is lost on the upper midcard. For me, adding a midcard title on RAW, for more low-card, and keep NXT as the "global/indy" brand, so we can have NXT US, NXT UK (Europe), NXT JPN (Asia), NXT MEX (Spanish/Latin) as the 4 brands (which I think is actually HHH plan)
I like your idea, but I just keep RAW and SD with all the "TOP" (WWE, IC, US, Universe [Network/Internet championship], WWE Tag, CWC, Women WWE, Women IC or Tag), and NXT with all the brands.
I like also the NJPW idea of 2 shows on the same Weekend, on can be build as the PPV (Sunday) and the other as a "Special", with more lower card, and as NXT PPV are only 5 a year, have the top NXT titles there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back