Scott Weiland Passes Away

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Scott Weiland, best known as the lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, passed away in his sleep while on a tour stop in Bloomington, Minnesota, with his band The Wildabouts. They were supposed to play the Medina Ballroom tonight, but the show was cancelled. A source connected to the band tells us Scott was found Thursday night on the bus around 9 PM -- presumably, shortly before the band was to go on.

Scott was 48.

I'm shocked and this is a huge loss to the music industry. His career dates back to the late 1980s, where he along with Robert DeLeo started a band called Mighty Joe Young, which eventually evolved into Stone Temple Pilots, and they were met with immediate success and became extremely popular when the album Core was released in 1992. Scott also released a series of solo albums, beginning with 12 Bar Blues in 1998 and his most recent solo album was the holiday album It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, and most recently, The Wildabouts' album Blaster was released in March.

RIP

Terrible loss. STP's music is one of the select few bands that can sweep me off my feet. RIP

My stomach dropped when I saw the news on Facebook this morning, I'm absolutely gutted. Scott Weiland was a fantastic frontman, a brilliant songwriter and I'd always hoped to see him perform live at some point.

I love most of STP's material, especially "Core" (an AMAZING album) and "Purple", and both VR albums are brilliant too. I'd been planning on checking out the sound of his new band soon, so I'll have to make sure I do that. I'm expecting good things.

I know Scott has suffered with addiction for years, but I thought he was clean these days? Also, the death of one of his band mates recently must have hit him hard. This whole thing sucks, such a loss. The weird thing is, after I found out this morning I put Stone Temple Pilots on shuffle on my iPOD in the car on the drive to work and these were the first 3 songs, which was pretty creepy.

1. Dead and Bloated
2. Only Dying (a rare unreleased early track)
3. Days of the Week (with the first line "Monday, back from the dead"

Very strange.

R.I.P Scott, you'll be missed brother.

[YOUTUBE]V5UOC0C0x8Q[/YOUTUBE]

Been listening to this since I heard (which was about twenty minutes ago) I know he'd had drug problems but it was still a shock. I'd always hoped I'd see him at a gig at some point whether that be solo, with Stone Temple Pilots or Velvet Revolver.

Such a shame.

RIP Scott Weiland. STP was one of the first bands I got into as a kid and Purple was the second cassette tape I owned. Great voice and he will be missed.

Never really followed Weiland after STP broke up for good but they were definitely one of the best bands to come out of that grunge-y alt rock era of the early to mid 90s. The popularity of their radio hits speaks volumes about the impact they had on music. Definitely a big loss.

Never really followed Weiland after STP broke up for good but they were definitely one of the best bands to come out of that grunge-y alt rock era of the early to mid 90s. The popularity of their radio hits speaks volumes about the impact they had on music. Definitely a big loss.

What sucks is he was talking about getting back with STP sometime next year. That is something I was looking forward to seeing happen. I know Velvet Revolver would have been a long shot for an album but STP was dead years ago for him. Sucks. Sad he is gone especially since he was only 48. RIP. Maybe he will finally find out where Mary went while finding his only cigarette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back