• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scott Stanford WWWYKIB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheManOf1004Holds

Dark Match Jobber
So recently Scott Standford has been appearing in more and more of Zack Ryders true island ice z show, and i must say that the guy has alot more to him than what you hear on superstars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8kcOOQ5AM&feature=feedu

Now that is just the latest example, but the questions im posing to you is this:

A. Could Standford be a manager of a superstar if given a chance? Even more important, as ZR's manager?
B. Could you see him moving up to smackdown or raw as a commentator?

DISCUSS ;)[/SIZE]

I would love to see Scott on either Smackdown! or Raw, he is much more entertaining than Booker, Josh and Cole.

I rather him stick with commentary than being a manager, he has a great voice for being a commentator.

He will be the next great play by play announcer on Raw, just need to wait for someone on the current commentary team to move on over and he'll be in there.

They could jam Cole up Vince's ass and make room for him. I'm so tired of Cole's B.S. taking up to 20 minutes of RAW every week. It was ok at first, but now it's become tiresome.

Anyway, with that said, I think Scott has potential as a future announcer and could be a great play by play guy if only given the chance.

I'd like to see him play the somewhat straight man to Zack Ryder's eccentric/comedic mannerisms. Give them a push to the US Title for a while. Mix him in on commentary with Zack during #1 contenders matches and illustrate his color commentary skills to prepare the fans for his rise to play by play announcer. Then when they're ready for him they can break them up and put Stanford (or Ryder) on the other show.

Scott definitely has skill he is a sports anchor in NYC and he just brings enthusiasm on every broadcast. A month ago during one of his broadcast he did the "What's Up" so when R-Truth last monday told him to say it I just laughed because I knew what he did

Stanfords smart whenever he's on the Fox 5 10 o'clock news ( that station leads in ratings in the 10-11 pm newscast ) he uses WWE talents catch phrases thus doing those guys a service by marketing them ( for those who watch WWE programing ) when they're not on tv. WWWYKIB!

I think Scott Stanford is very wise getting in on Ryder's act. Considering his image as a straight guy they could be a great team, but Zach doesn't need him on screen to get over. I'd prefer to see Stanford move to play by play commentary and see zach get over with his internet championship belt on tv.

wwe are bringing back managers, scott can be zack ryder and curt hawkins manager, they could do comedy skits and such, or they cand be complete heels. or comedy heels.

I think Scott Stanford would work great as a commentary on either of Raw or SD! He has a great voice and some personality. Match him up with Booker T on SD! and have Josh Matthews work RAW exclusively with Cole and King.

it would be nice just to see ryder on tv let alone with stanford, i also worry about giving ryder a stable, because ryder is only gona get a push as a comedy jobber in a stable, if wwe wanted to push ryder properly with or without stanford he would "draw money"(i saw him do this with crayola, was gold)

though when it comes to stanford i think he would be MILES better than mathews or cole, it is possible that wwe knows this but stanford doesnt want to do it? im not from america but on longislandicedz it showed clips of him presenting baseball, possibly a broader sports show, it seems to me that if stanford has mainstream exposure then knowing what wwe are like i would have expected them to push him into the limelight by now, so maybe stanford doesnt want too.

I like Scott Stanford because he has that announcer's voice IMO. I could not see him being Zack Ryder's manager because he just sounds neutral to me, he would not make a convincing heel.

I only like Scott when he is with Zack Ryder. When he is not with Ryder he annoys me alot. I think that he would make an excellent manager for Zack Ryder. I can see it now. In fact, I want to see it happen. Yes, Scott would be excellent as a manager for Ryder! Scott for manager!!

To be honest he is probably the best commentator that they have atm.
Yes I know they have Good Ol' JR and The King and sure they are fine, but not as good as they use to be.

I'd love to see more Scott Stanford on Raw. He has such a great voice for commentary & is actually excited about the matches he's calling. Now Scott as Zack Ryder's manager, I never even considered. I really like that idea. As someone above has said, playing the straight man to Zack's humor is a great idea.

Stanford used to be FOX5's sports announcer for their 10pm newscast (actually he was on MY-Network's Channel 9, FOX's 'sister' station). He recently got hired by NBC's New York affiliate to be their 'B' sports anchor and to eventually replace Bruce Beck as the top sports guy on the network. All this backstory to make this point...as of now he will not be able to assume a managerial or greater commentary role with WWE.

He's on Superstar's because the play by play is recorded in Stamford, Conn. Except for the few times when WWE is NY local. Scott commutes to Stamford to record his play by play, WWE 24/7 stuff, etc. He also commutes to the Northeast Raw's but he really can't go national. He did WMainia wit NBC's permission.

I love Scott Stanford, he's been great for the NY area sports scene and he even busted out a "WWWYKI" calling Jeter's first homer of the year. But contractually he's bound to NBC for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back