A Social Media Driven US Title Feud: Cesaro VS Ryder

DJS92491

Occasional Pre-Show
In the time between Christian's TNA commitments, I think it would be a good idea to place Antonio Cesaro with Zack Ryder.

Zack Ryder is a logical next step to go after facing Santino, being that Zack Ryder is still one of the more over faces, but more importantly, a social media guru. As most of you know, Zack Ryder is seen as a pioneer of WWE's social media movement ever since he saved his career through his YouTube show, "Z! True Long Island Story". For those who may not know, Antonio used to have a YouTube show of his own called "Claudio's Cafe".

This may be the perfect time for WWE to create a rivalry revolving around social media. Antonio could create a YouTube show to get under Ryder's skin, and perhaps have them compete over having the most views. The rivalry would extend over Twitter, Facebook, and Tout as well.

It's also good bragging rights for Antonio that he could be seen as the real internet champion because he won the US title on YouTube's Summerslam preshow.

This would be the first time ever that WWE used every format of social media to utilize a rivalry. It also would be great for the careers of Cesaro and Ryder to be known as the pioneers of it. A rivalry like this can bring some much needed good to the social media craze that WWE's been heavily pushing (shoving down our throats), and it could be very entertaining if utilized effectively.

I like how WWE has used little things like tweets and touts to help build a feud and to help build character, but I don't think entire feuds should revolve around social media. Also, as a guy who loved Zack Ryder before the YouTube show, I think it would hurt him in the long run. If Ryder is to be a bigger success, he needs to be more than just "That Internet Guy".

Interesting point of view.

It would be a test run more than anything, but it's something WWE hasn't done yet, which I like. Not sure if you have any theories on how to push Zack Ryder over the top, but he isn't doing a lot lately anyways. Unfortunately for Zack, the push that social media got him is fading away to the point where he's rarely on Raw anymore.

It's easy to say that someone has to be more than something. 3/4 of the roster aren't really known for much of anything significant. I'd want to be the internet guy if I was in Zack's position. It's what WWE is putting most of their focus on, and it's what's keeping Zack's job.

If WWE is open to new ideas on how to utilize social media into their broadcast, it would be best to test these ideas on two Superstars that are currently in the undercard to see if it'll sink or swim. That way if it fails, then it's just back to the drawing board.

Cesaro and Ryder are both proficient in using social media, and they have the skills as well as the stakes (the US title) to make the idea work.

I too enjoy how WWE has used social media to ad a little bit more depth to some of the current feuds. I've also always enjoyed Z!TLIS, and in particular how Zack and Ziggler would feud in that program. I think using social media to drive a US title feud would be a good idea, but would social media alone be enough to generate interest for the feud? I don't particularly think so. I'm a little bit more behind Heath Slater's idea of Zack defending his internet title on a youtube pre-show. Either would be good for Zack or Antonio's career. Zack especially needs it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back