Scott Hall Arrested Again

You think one example proves consistency in success and thereby matches in merit? :lmao:

Once again, you asked for an example and I provided one. Next time, ask for more examples and I'll provide those, too.

Spitting out a completely generic statement, receiving a correct, generic answer, backpeddling and asking for a more detailed answer doesn't prove that I was wrong. It just shows that you're trying desperately to look like you're winning this little back and forth we're having. It's really sweet. Keep trying.

Feel very free to tell me how I fit it.

Well I'm basing this off one initial premise which is that you consume resources. I could be wrong, might be a robot which would make sense but I'll run with human for now.

Taking that to be true my other piece of information is your opinions. Nobody ought to have the right to decide when, why, how, all the W's of when somebody else should die other than that individual themselves. When essentially what you are electing is to put down and sick person, but being sick by it's very nature leaves open the possibility for getting better. Neither you or I can judge whether this'll be the case, and we certainly can't assume one or the other to be true. God forbid you were a doctor.

So knowing your true sentiments which include:

Morrison_Fanboy said:
Am I the only one who's happy to receive news of him slowly coming closer to his peril every time?

.. which you've aired openly with everybody and done nothing to refute, I come to the conclusion that you are both a greater danger and dredge on resources than the man in question is. That was my line of thinking thereabouts.

Once again, you asked for an example and I provided one. Next time, ask for more examples and I'll provide those, too.

Spitting out a completely generic statement, receiving a correct, generic answer, backpeddling and asking for a more detailed answer doesn't prove that I was wrong. It just shows that you're trying desperately to look like you're winning this little back and forth we're having. It's really sweet. Keep trying.

Its reception was "generic" to you because you can't read well, so I'll afford you the favour of breaking it down.

I never said no one benefited from it, so giving me one example adds nothing to your point nor takes away anything from mine.

A. I specifically asked for you to establish merit to your point. Your point wasn't "people adopting religion can conquer demons". I would not have even retorted to that.

B. You suggested they usually do, which if true, would empower religion as a tool to use.

What's a difference in the core of it? A doesn't leave us deciding which intervention would prove most successful, out of the many.

B, because you asserted it usually works, would leave us prioritizing it over the other possible ones.

I shouldn't have to explain this; you're a big boy. Even if you eliminate the underlying differences, I asked for merit, which isn't generic. It requires someone adding base to their stock.

I'm so sorry you're too feeble-minded to arrive without me. Who's kidding, though? You're probably still far.

I did both. So does it really matter?

If you've read the above and actually comprehended it and STILL think I was only asking for an example, you're infantile in more ways than one.

Well I'm basing this off one initial premise which is that you consume resources. I could be wrong, might be a robot which would make sense but I'll run with human for now.

Right you are, as we all do. I was suggesting some do more so than others. In the landscape of what people do to "drain" resources, whether human or nature, I'd wager to say that Scott for example is more inhibitory to taxpayer funds being used prudently than I am. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Taking that to be true my other piece of information is your opinions. Nobody ought to have the right to decide when, why, how, all the W's of when somebody else should die other than that individual themselves. When essentially what you are electing is to put down and sick person, but being sick by it's very nature leaves open the possibility for getting better. Neither you or I can judge whether this'll be the case, and we certainly can't assume one or the other to be true. God forbid you were a doctor.

I never said I have the right. Do you know what the meaning of "elect" is? It actually takes away the autonomous element. Too bad women-beaters like Scott still have it.

Its reception was "generic" to you because you can't read well, so I'll afford you the favour of breaking it down.

I never said no one benefited from it, so giving me one example adds nothing to your point nor takes away anything from mine.

A. I specifically asked for you to establish merit to your point. Your point wasn't "people adopting religion can conquer demons". I would not have even retorted to that.

B. You suggested they usually do, which if true, would empower religion as a tool to use.

What's a difference in the core of it? A doesn't leave us deciding which intervention would prove most successful, out of the many.

B, because you asserted it usually works, would leave us prioritizing it over the other possible ones.

I shouldn't have to explain this; you're a big boy. Even if you eliminate the underlying differences, I asked for merit, which isn't generic. It requires someone adding base to their stock.

I'm so sorry you're too feeble-minded to arrive without me. Who's kidding, though? You're probably still far.

If you've read the above and actually comprehended it and STILL think I was only asking for an example, you're infantile in more ways than one.

Right you are, as we all do. I was suggesting some do more so than others. In the landscape of what people do to "drain" resources, whether human or nature, I'd wager to say that Scott for example is more inhibitory to taxpayer funds being used prudently than I am. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I never said I have the right. Do you know what the meaning of "elect" is?

5116916182_2af2373afc.jpg

But seriously...Scott Hall has a girlfriend?

One would think that if Scott Hall was merely a shitty person that he'd have his life turned around by now. Unfortunately, alcoholism doesn't really work like that.

Don't get me wrong, alcoholism is a tough demon to overcome. I was mostly kidding. Hall has had a rough life, he's gone through a lot. Alcohol and drugs were a way out of that for him (a temporary fix of sorts), but unfortunately he can't shake the habit. He's been to recovery centers time and time again -- and while I understand that the need for those substances is difficult to overcome, it's his own fault he never has.

One of my favorite books is Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis. He chronicles his decades of drug alcohol abuse in it and he also goes very in-depth on the recovery process. I take this directly from him, a man that has gone through nearly the same things Scott Hall has, and I say that Scott Hall cannot ever turn his life around unless he applies himself to it. Rehab is meaningless unless you choose to live the life of recovery. Scott Hall just doesn't want that.

Don't get me wrong, alcoholism is a tough demon to overcome. I was mostly kidding. Hall has had a rough life, he's gone through a lot. Alcohol and drugs were a way out of that for him (a temporary fix of sorts), but unfortunately he can't shake the habit. He's been to recovery centers time and time again -- and while I understand that the need for those substances is difficult to overcome, it's his own fault he never has.

One of my favorite books is Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis. He chronicles his decades of drug alcohol abuse in it and he also goes very in-depth on the recovery process. I take this directly from him, a man that has gone through nearly the same things Scott Hall has, and I say that Scott Hall cannot ever turn his life around unless he applies himself to it. Rehab is meaningless unless you choose to live the life of recovery. Scott Hall just doesn't want that.

Agreed. I'm admittedly sentimental towards individuals who "simply can't get it together." My life was turned around once I was diagnosed with ADHD and started receiving proper treatment for it. I could just never focus, and instead of asking my why or trying to intervene on my behalf, my teachers would just give me shit or make underhanded comments about not paying attention in class.

People are trying to help him, and I get that. I just think it's all too easy to see a man as fragile as Scott Hall and take a proverbial dump on him because he continues to fail. Why do we like to see people fail and seemingly cheer for their impending downfall [per some earlier comments by other users]?

I'm mainly appalled that we, as a community who has seemingly gained so much from the wrestling industry, would be so brash to cheer for the downfall of one of the individuals who has helped make that possible for us.

Let's get one thing straight about Anthony Kiedis -- he injects ozone into his arm and brags about it because it's legal, and parades it around as some sort of cleansing agent, like he's a spiritual motivational speaker. It's just a replacement for his heroin addiction.

Agreed. I'm admittedly sentimental towards individuals who "simply can't get it together." My life was turned around once I was diagnosed with ADHD and started receiving proper treatment for it. I could just never focus, and instead of asking my why or trying to intervene on my behalf, my teachers would just give me shit or make underhanded comments about not paying attention in class.

People are trying to help him, and I get that. I just think it's all too easy to see a man as fragile as Scott Hall and take a proverbial dump on him because he continues to fail. Why do we like to see people fail and seemingly cheer for their impending downfall [per some earlier comments by other users]?

I'm mainly appalled that we, as a community who has seemingly gained so much from the wrestling industry, would be so brash to cheer for the downfall of one of the individuals who has helped make that possible for us.

Oh, I'm definitely not cheering it. I suppose I'm just disappointed. I've been hopeful for a Scott Hall recovery for a long time now, I don't want to have to see another great performer die. It's sad. This reminds me of the Matt Hardy rehab scenario a few months ago, when people were more focused on bashing Hardy's weight, rather than wishing the man well.

The thing is -- with Hall in particular -- you can only see so many stories of his drug/alcohol abuse or arrests until it becomes nothing more than a punchline. It's something I'm sure we as the wrestling community aren't proud of, but do you really expect anything else from Scott Hall? Addiction is a vicious thing to overcome, but it's seemingly not even on Hall's radar.

I'm sure if Scott Hall could, he would be as clean as a whistle, enjoying his life right now. He's so screwed up on all these other things, though. He can't seem to fully commit himself at this stage of his life, and I can only hope that changes. I hope the best for Scott Hall and I'm certain others do too.

You're an idiot. I hope you're just trying to be funny. But if so, you failed miserably.

I'm not religious but people who have substance abuse problems and who find God usually succeed in conquering their demons.

Correlation =/= causation D-Man. The guys like Michaels, DiBiase and everyone else that's been mentioned as fighting their demons by reading the good book did not do so by merely deciding "shit, Imma be a christian now!" They went through the same process as anyone making a change in their life. They decided that enough was enough and they were going to change their lifestyle. Their change was living their lives in accordance to God's words and kicking the habit. If you don't want to find God or kick the habit, you won't.

Making someone go to church isn't going to make them change. They have to want to. They have to make the decision to stop. How many times have you listened to someone lecture you about something you should stop doing (whether that be smoking pot, doing 35 in a 30 zone or anything else).

And usually is a pretty bold statement. Looking at a study, about half of addicts relapse within 3 years, and about half of those who don't, will at some point after that. So yeah, Michaels and co are in the 25% of people who don't relapse (assuming that at no point they fell off the wagon and then got back on.) which is hardly "usually" beating their demons with the aid of the Bible. The people who tried and failed to quit be converting to Christianity? They just don't mention that God wasn't able to help them at much. Why would they?

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3835084 said:
Let's get one thing straight about Anthony Kiedis -- he injects ozone into his arm and brags about it because it's legal, and parades it around as some sort of cleansing agent, like he's a spiritual motivational speaker. It's just a replacement for his heroin addiction.

I'm well aware the dude isn't perfect (the fact that he injects ozone into his arm is a perfect example of that), but he had a valid point that I wanted to bring up.

I'm well aware the dude isn't perfect (the fact that he injects ozone into his arm is a perfect example of that), but he had a valid point that I wanted to bring up.

I get it, but I'm just saying, the dude just replaced one demon with another, and didn't really succeed at much of anything. He's getting his psychological fix by injecting something into his arm. He just found the most effortless way of kicking his addiction, and he thinks it's the greatest thing in the world, and my point is, he's a pretty bad example of how hard it is to overcome drug and alcohol addiction.

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3835108 said:
I get it, but I'm just saying, the dude just replaced one demon with another, and didn't really succeed at much of anything. He's getting his psychological fix by injecting something into his arm. He just found the most effortless way of kicking his addiction, and he thinks it's the greatest thing in the world, and my point is, he's a pretty bad example of how hard it is to overcome drug and alcohol addiction.

That's a fair point. I wasn't really saying, "Scott Hall should be like Anthony Kiedis." I was just highlighting something I read in Kiedis' book, that really applies to every recovering addict. To be honest, Kiedis' track record with recovery -- not counting this current period -- was pretty shitty. He went to rehab at least 5 times. It took him quite a while to apply himself to recovery, even if he now relies on ozone injections.

That's a fair point. I wasn't really saying, "Scott Hall should be like Anthony Kiedis." I was just highlighting something I read in Kiedis' book, that really applies to every recovering addict. To be honest, Kiedis' track record with recovery -- not counting this current period -- was pretty shitty. He went to rehab at least 5 times. It took him quite a while to apply himself to recovery, even if he now relies on ozone injections.

It's a great read, otherwise. I wish he talked more about the music, though. The way he wrote the book, it seemed like he just jot down whatever the fuck, made music to it, and the song was done, never to be thought of again.

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3835152 said:
It's a great read, otherwise. I wish he talked more about the music, though. The way he wrote the book, it seemed like he just jot down whatever the fuck, made music to it, and the song was done, never to be thought of again.

The book is great. It wasn't watered down, he just told his story.

My favorite tidbit concerning a song was about the intro to Yertle the Turtle. I'd always wondered about why they had some random guy saying, "look at that turtle go, bro." Now I know. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back