• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Save Don West Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWRBrett

Dark Match Jobber
To mods: If this should be merged with another thread or something I apologize.

http://www.petitiononline.com/savewest/petition.html

Been reading some rumors about Taz maybe replacing DW in the announce booth at some point and also read rumors that DW's position in the company may be in jeopardy because of the Jarrett thing and that Dixie doesn't really like Don, so I thought I would make a peitition to show Dixie that fans enjoy heel Don West and want him to stay, so any fellow Heel Don West fans please sign the petition and maybe even post it on some other forums and sites to spread the word. Also in this thread some people could post their opinions on the Don West situation.

While I suspect we're in the extreme minority, I think Don West has been hilarious since his heel turn such as it is/was.
I loved on last week's Impact! where he was selling Amazing Red as an unstoppable opponent for Kevin Nash and Tenary berated him for it.
He's certainly more entertaining than the alternative.

I find it funny that they're getting rid of West who has improved but are keeping Tenay who has diminished and is not a good lead announcer at all. I've read it on other forums and most agree that Mike Tenay is the problem with the announce team. Yes, Tenay is a good play by play man and is a student of the game but that's where it stops. In WCW, he was only used for calling cruiserweight matches and here in TNA, he's the lead man who does not know how to sell lights out in an arena, debuts, and returns. The man cannot sell and talks too much. People said Don West sucked for years but with a person like Tenay who shouts, talks too much, and undersells at the wrong time leading a rookie announcer like West from the beginning to now, how would you expect West to know better if he's following his lead? If West was by the side of JR for 7 years, I'm sure he would be a much better announcer overall but now that West is doing his own thing, he's fine.

But yeah, with TNA's stacked roster and having to sell house shows, storylines, and call matches all at once, the workload is clearly too much for 2 guys to handle. If anything, they should make it a 3 man commentary team and have Taz as the lead man. Yes, Taz may not necessarily be the best announcer but he doesn't suck either. Him leading would be a step up from Tenay. Don West should keep his heel tactics.

So yes, save Don West! If it comes to crucial, where you need 2 men, then get rid of Tenay!

Save Don West. As lead senior (re, only) TNA iMPACT! recapper for TWF, I've found that TNA has proven itself again and again to be exactly what the smarks and critics say it is. HeelWest is the greatest thing to happen in that company since Russo took power (not saying that was a good thing, just that not many good things have happened since then).

It rather seems to me that he's the only real color commentator left among the two major promotions

Signed!!! i hope DW stays...im a huge fan of his...never really critisized him. but since his heel turn the guy as been hilarious on the headset. im not sure Dixie reads these threads but i really hope she takes notice if this petition and keeps DW. i like both announcers but Tenay like already mentioned in not a good lead commentator. he was great in WCW but not TNA. Although i dont think Tenay or West should be fired.

If TNA does give Taz a commentator position then maybe a 3 man announce team would work...anyone agree?

I have to agree with the title and with letemknow. Tenay is the problem with the announce team. For year I didn't like DW but the heel turn is great. I wil sign this gladly.
On a side not I think Black Rain I think that was what he called himself is great. You know Booker T's announcing.

Keep West but get rid of Tenay I remember TNA trying doing an angle but they brought in Tony Schiavone and Schiavone was playin the heel but I say bring in Schiavone when he screams its for something shocking like the hogan heel turn but Tenay screams in the mic all the time and have you people noticed the smug look on tenays face, I like what someone said earlier in WWE They did away with face and heel commontating i like when the color commontator gets good heat tna has that WWE dose not any more not sence JBL left the brodcast booth to wrestle again then retired and whats the deal with Matt Striker why dont he wrestle anymore oh well just save Don West.

Just fire both of them and let Booker T do it he was easily better than both of them and let Tazz be the color commentator with Booker in the lead.

i like don but damn hes annoying. I have to turn it sometimes i mean in my opinion hes only really good with the knockouts. But other than that in my opinion i cant stand to listen to him for 2 hours but a 3 man aint a bad idea cause coach sucked on commentary but the 3 man kinda hid that fact for a while till he went to smackdown.

Wow. People like Don West? That's a surprise to me.

He is simply not a good commentator. I don't see why people refer to him as a good pitchman either. He's got tons of energy but to me he comes off as a used car salesman. I don't believe anything he says, I don't find him to be knowledgeable, I don't find him to be excited, and I especially don't buy him as a "heel" commentator. I see him as a guy playing a character who believes those things.

He's a nice guy and I'd hate to see him lose his job but he's just a terrible commentator. Taz will likely be better (and I think Raven would be the best).

Ill definitely sign that petition. Don West is new to the business since 2002 when TNA started but after his gimmick change of being a full fledged heel he has been in rare form week after week. Kevin Nash and Booker T are hilarious on commentary as you see on my sig but shouldn't replace Tenay and West. I'm not a huge fan of Tenay even though he has been in the business forever but I don't want to see Taz's role diminished by making him an announcer. I know he can't wrestle anymore but I think you can have a better role with Joe then just being a play by play man.

Why would you keep Don West? I think both Mike Tenay and Don West need to go and they've both needed to go for a very long time. Taz would be much better on the announce team then either of those, even Kevin Nash would be a good addition to a commentating role and it would give him a role after he steps out of actually wrestling (which he needs to do). I can't say I agree with those claiming Booker T is a good announcer, I disagree entirely there.

I signed the petition and unquestionably support Don West remaining in his Heel Color role. Tazz was a terrible commentator in WWE, even before Vince began toning the commentators down. I also hope they don't add Tazz as a third man to the broadcast booth, either. I just can't stand listening to the guy. TNA finally got something right by going back to a Face/Heel broadcast team, and I would hate to see that potentially jeopardized if they turn Tazz into a Face or Tweener for the booth.

Well most likely Tazz will replace Don West as the Color commentator. I heard that Don will be doing backstage interviews, better than nothing I guess. TNA does have the face and heel announce team which is way more entertaining IMO to listen to than just two guys calling it right down the middle.

Well most likely Tazz will replace Don West as the Color commentator. I heard that Don will be doing backstage interviews, better than nothing I guess. TNA does have the face and heel announce team which is way more entertaining IMO to listen to than just two guys calling it right down the middle.

Try telling that to people like Tastycles who insists that the "commentary does not matter" and is not really all that important in contributing to the entertainment.

It will pain me to see Tazz take over as Color Commentator if that eventually transpires. Tazz is no where near as good as West currently is, and never was. Tazz was as boring as Fuck on the mic, even before Vince started toning down his Commentators.

How do you know Don West is getting replaced by Taz? Where did you hear this? Internet rumors? Well if he was being replaced what are they waiting for? Taz doesn't need to be groomed, he has years on the mic, he can just come in and jump on. Why would Taz be in an angle as Joe's mentor (which doesn't seem like an angle really to me). What the hell is everyone talking about? How many times have we heard rumors on the net that haven't meant shit. Do we have any shoot interviews from anyone on West's status? Most likely not.

On a side note, Don West is funny as hell. I love the heel/face announcer dynamic. It adds more depth to the show. Like another poster said, he did a great job selling Amazing Red as a credible threat to Nash. I also love how he goes hard for the Beautiful people. The guy is just plain entertaining, and that's all that matters.

I loved on last week's Impact! where he was selling Amazing Red as an unstoppable opponent for Kevin Nash

Yeah, I thought this was really funny too. He still gives credit where it's due when the faces do something great, eg/ AJ's 450 splash and Hernandez. I hope they really run with this, as it's funny and entertaining. Way more entertaining than when they were both face commentators. I love seeing how he twists things.

Well i'll sign on the against side :) Get rid of him, if Tazz can do his heel ECW style commentary then TNA commentary may be saved, then replace Tenay with Joey Styles and WOW TNA will be ECW revived LOLz

West's commentary is hilarious, if they want to make it a 3 man team then fair enough. But if they got rid of one commentator it has got to be Tenay surely? Guy knows his wrestling history but is in no way engaging in his commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back