Taz replaces Don West: Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is more professional to have Taz provide color commentary but it doesn't fit his character at all. Taz was brought in to be Joe's bad ass mentor. He was the guy taking Joe to the limit, cutting promos for Joe, and now he is pretty much a face analyst. When Kurt Angle came out to do commentary, Taz was arguing with Kurt about how good AJ Styles is. Taz, remember that you're a heel in the MEM. AJ Styles= Punk, Sting= Punk and Matt Morgan= Inexperienced. That is the Mafia's creed.

If Taz was a face it would be fine, how is he in the MEM and cheering for the faces every time? I know Taz's role is probably permanent in the announce booth, so they need to swerve him and Joe back to face mode if he is going to be kissing every face's ass. I enjoyed Don West more as a heel announcer. I'm fine with Taz, I just wish they would bring back the old school heel/ face announce team. I think that concept now is dead and buried though.

In case you haven't figured it out, they are dropping that storyline with Taz being Samoa Joe's mentor. That has been in the works since Taz took the Broadcast Booth last week with him distancing himself from Joe. They want you to forget about all of that and now view Taz as the "Analyst" ... just like he was in WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back