Santino Marella

Sorry but Santino's role is similar to what we expect from Abraham Washington. He is a commedian who wrestles (with Washington wrestling a lot less). They need more material for him but he will never main event a ppv. He is however excellent at what he does. He makes people laugh. Wrestling is supposed to be a break. His attempts at humor help wrestling be a little less serious.

Santino is great comic relief. Its a shame that WWE cannot capitalize on his merchandise sales as he is very likable and can be a big star. Maybe not a main eventer but a much bigger star. They should not let him be pushed around so much by other wrestlers as it makes him look weak.

I love Santino's gimmick of the stereotypical Italian(no offense to any Italian people) but I do agree that he is in need of a new character otherwise he very well could be released. I would want to see him come back as a heel, not a goofy heel but more of a cocky heel similar to Edge. Have him win the US title and give him a decent run and a possible feud with Kofi. Then hopefully we'll all be able to take Santino seriously.

Now how this starts in my own strange mind, on an upcoming Raw, Randy Orton harmlessly mocks Santino in a backstage segment, shoves him out of the way, on Santino's way out telling him, when was the last time you won a match anyway? This is the end of it, or so it seems.....

Now we fast forward a few weeks, Randy Orton about to go to the ring for an important title defense, which will probably be against Triple H because that is the only wrestler he fights anymore anyway, and in a harmless backstage segment, Randy Orton get totally decimated by of all people, Santino! He does this without any weapons, just with anger, all the time yelling, "nobody will laugh at Santino anymore! Vince, I am tired of you making me look like a puss for so long, and now I am going to do something about it!"

Rhodes and Dibiase look on, afterwards high fiving Santino, both spitting on a downed Orton, and the future of Raw is born.

Do you watch wrestling? Is this how promos work?

One wrestler pisses another wrestler off.
Pissed off wrestler beats the shit out of the insulter.
Then verbally assaults his boss for creating his gimmick?

"Well The Rock would love to check Vince McMahon's Ass Directly into the Smackdown hotel for making me talk in the third person!"

"Yeah Rock! McMahon made me look like a pussy... It's True. It's Damn True!"

"I'd steal Vince McMahon's Vitamins and No prayers would help you brother, after the Hulkamanics run wild on you"

"I... Say... Rest... In... Peace... To... Vince... McMahon... For... Making... Me... Speak... This...Slowly!"

"I used to use a machine to talk. Then I got better with X-Pac's help and now I'm fully literate. I also used to wear a mask to hide my disfigured face but in reality, my only problem is baldness and small eyes. I'm confused. Because of Vince, I don't really know what my issues are anymore. Do I really have anything to be angry about any more?"

I basically get paid to wear shiny, gold suits and touch my cock and other peoples in the ring. Vince has done good by me to be honest."

It's crap. To start with the obvious, Vince doesn't give people gimmicks that often. People try to do a "THIS Should happen" scenario so often on here and they fail worse than somebody trying to do a Borat impression. Noone does it justice.

I happen to love Santino's character. People should take it for what it is......ENTERTAINMENT!!! Its not real. Its stories, and many times Santino has added charisma to what would have otherwise been a very dull episode of RAW.

OK, clearly Boss Jim has good taste in music, but not evaluating wrestling talent IMO. Though I don't think Santino is the savior of the company, he is capable of far more than what we see every couple weeks on Raw. He is a good worker, he sells really well, and yes, this dude is hillarious!!! I was at Raw in Philadelphia a few years ago when he got local heat by referring to Philadelphia as the home of the Tom Hanks movie with a the A.I.D.S.! are you kidding me, though not really funny it was icing on the cake to calling out stone cold. this guy can work with anyone and if he slowly put together a string of wins with a solid finisher you have a contender on many levels. He has what it takes to stick around for some time, he will not be future endeavored before Hornsoggle or Glodust. They should really get something going with him and "Fizz" after they are done having Cena squash him every week, which hopefully they are done doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back