• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samoa No From Joe ...

CanYouDigIt98

Occasional Pre-Show
Samoa Joe said recently in a interview with ALLWRESTLING.COM ..

The host Dan Cannon Asked;
What He Thought Of Stone Cold Saying WWE Should Sign Him Up :
“That was one of the greatest compliments ever given to me in my career by far by one of the greatest athletes in the industry. Just hope that TNA sees that and we can take it from there. I’m big on loyalty. Some people are of the thought process that if you don’t like something, you quit. You go somewhere else. That’s just not me. I think it’s silly. I think it’s shallow and tawdry. I don’t think I’m done with what I want to do in TNA.”

And Then Was Asked :

Wether He Would Jump Ship To WWE .
"I’m still with TNA; we have a fantastic financial agreement. The relationship between me and TNA has always been great. I’m the type of person that really lives in the moment. I don’t put too much into trying to build scenarios that are bad. As long as I get an opportunity to wrestle and wrestle great people then I have the greatest job in the world.”

My question to you the WWE Universe Is :

Would You Have Samoa Joe ?And If Not Another TNA/Indy Star You Would Have

Who Could You See Him Feuding With?

Would Have A Shot At WWE/WHC Titles ?

(Sorry If This Matter Has Already Had A Thread..Do Not Hesitate To Move It To The Other Thread..)

Keep him out of WWE, please. He doesn't perform well at all and he's lazy in the ring under my eyes. WWE already has big guys like him anyway and they aren't popular so why would he be popular?

O

I love Joes in-ring work.
For a big guy, he can really move.

But to make it in wwe he would have to shape up a bit and work a lot harder.

I would love to see Joe in WWE, but only because TNA DOES NOT USE HIM RIGHT!

If he was in WWE, feuds with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan would be obviously great.
Him and Christian/ Him and Booker can work together well.

A Joe/ Kane or Taker feud would make some good TV.
A Joe vs. Cena or Orton would as well.

World Title- yes, because i could see him working a good start on SmackDown.

Joe style fits the WWE like a glove.He is strong, tough as nails, and he can cut a promo to build himself up,and the person is in a storyline with.If TNA thought he was worth anything, then he wouldn't be a tag team Tournament with a guy he never teamed before.Joe can be loyal to the end, but if you haven't progressed in a Company in years,it's time to move on to start a new journey.Also Joe is not lazy, its hard to be happy when TNA had him in the Ring with stiffs like Morgan and Crimson.

Personally, I don't think Joe would be a particularly good fit for the WWE. Historically, very few guys of his body form and stature have excelled there for a particularly long period of time. Like it or not, but guys who excel in he WWE tend to be guys who are less, well, round. Obviously there are plenty of exceptions to this rule, but as a general rule of thumb, that is the case, which would make it an uphill battle for the guy. And the last thing Joe needs in his current physical condition is to be going uphill :)

His work ethic has tended to be challenged as well. This may be valid, or it may be IWC generated nonsense, but if these rumors are true, and his work habits are suspect in the far more lax environment of TNA, it's hard to imagine him being able to sustain the work ethic to cut it in the grueling world of the WWE. Apparently, repeated requests for something as simple as trying to lose a little weight have fallen on deaf ears. I cannot imagine the WWE having much tolerance or patience for that.

Personally, I think Samoa Joe is perfect right where he is, in the less intense and more relaxed environment of TNA, where he can continue to rest on his laurels of his past reputation which personally, I am still waiting on him to show me that he deserves such IWC accolades.

If Samoa Joe is happy in TNA and he's making enough money that he's satisfied, then that's great for him. After all, at the end of the day, there's a lot to be said for being happy even if you're not getting as much as you could from a financial perspective. If Joe ever decided he did want to jump ship, I don't think anyone could really blame him. Joe has been loyal to TNA, he's one of the handful of guys that helped to get them on the map but, let's be honest, he's been floundering in TNA for a few years at least. Since that angle where he was "kidnapped" and was gone for several months and then just came back, Joe's career in TNA has taken a nosedive.

As for having Joe in WWE, I don't know. Joe can put on entertaining matches and there have been times where he's shown some skill on the mic. Joe's biggest problem would be the allegations that he's lazy, or it'd be a problem if there's truth to them. I don't know if it's true, but Joe has allegedly been asked several times by TNA management to drop some weight and, as you can see, he certainly hasn't done it. That sort of attitude would not fly in WWE. If Vince asks a guy to drop some weight, he's going to expect it to be done. After all, it's not exactly an unreasonable request for a wrestling promoter to want his wrestlers to be in good physical condition. Just makes it easier for the wrestlers overall.

I'd take Joe in the WWE on one proviso...that Austin backs up his "WWE should sign this guy" talk by actually agreeing to return and work a programme with him. Austin having a one on one series with a talent like Joe could move him towards the main event level, or at least really establish his tough guy aura.

I'd like to see Samoa Joe on WWE programming. I think he fits their style well. My only problem with Joe is that he can be lazy in the ring sometimes and he's a bit overweight. IF he ever comes to WWE, he'll have to slim down and put his nose to the grindstone to get over with the fans.

I worry that the WWE wouldn't book him the right way though.

Haven't watched much TNA in the past year but from what I remember Joe at his worst is still better than some guys on the current WWE roster. I am not sure if he deserves an immediate big time push but he certainly is worthy of an opportunity.

The one thing I will definitely give him credit for is his response here. If I were TNA or WWE, I would be very impressed by the words he choose to use. Very straight forward and very professional. When you hear about some of the idiotic tweets and interview responses some of these guys give, from a business side it is nice to hear someone support his company and industry.

Keep him out of WWE, please. He doesn't perform well at all and he's lazy in the ring under my eyes. WWE already has big guys like him anyway and they aren't popular so why would he be popular?

O

I have to disagree with this. IF Joe was to come to WWE, he would be on the main stage. His performance would become a hell of a lot better than it has been recently. I think his body would be in better shape as it would force him to work out more.

TNA barely goes on the road and tapes weeks at one time, so what does he have to do when they are not performing? Going to WWE would put him in front of crowds every night. He says he's content with TNA and loyal...but loyalty only takes you so far. If WWE came to him and offered him a contract, I bet he would take it without even blinking. The guy has the backing of Stone Cold Steve Austin for crying out loud, a man that built his character from the ground up and busted his ass for years!

WWE doesn't really have a lot of "big guys" that are his size. They have heavyweights and super-heavyweights...guys like Brodus, Show, Henry, Kane, Taker. These guys dont mesh well with guys the size of Cody Rhodes or Dolf Ziggler.

Picture this...a triple threat match, Daniel Byran (yeah yeah WHC...whateves), Samoa Joe, Dolf Ziggler. Can you imagine that match! How about Joe versus Punk. Im pretty sure they had a match back in the day. Those matches would be nothing short of amazing.

I say YES...Joe would be a good fit in WWE. He would have the backing of Punk and Bryan to get him to an upper mid-card quick. Spend some time in FCW to learn the WWE style, quick starter feud or 2, with-in a year...year and a half he'd be in the upper mid-card. It only took Bryan 2 years from his days in NXT.

Joe I wouldn't mine having. If I had to pick people to join the WWE:

1. Austin Aries - been a huge fan of his since the indies. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. That being said, the WWE had tried to sign him in the past, but apparently his health is of concern. Shame.

2. Briscoe Brothers - Fucking Tag Team Gods. Heard they had trials with the WWE and didn't get signed for some reason though.

3. KENTA - Love him to death, but seeing how CM Punk's moveset is pretty much KENTA's...

People I love, such as Tyler Black/Seth Rollins, Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose, and Claudio Castagnoli/Antonio Cesaro are already in developmental, so you can't imagine how pumped I am to see them jump onto the main roster. I'll count Chris Hero/Jackson Cade in there too, even though it seems like the deal is off. And Jackson Cade isn't his WWE name, but that's probably something they'd give him.

His style would definately fit with the WWE. But like others have said he has a reputation of being lazy. That is not going to work with the WWE schedule.

I'd love to see Joe in the WWE. If it somehow happened, how awesome would it be to see another Joe/Punk match? I know I'd like it.

I think he is better off staying in TNA. Sure they aren't booking him properly and haven't since the Nation of Violence, but he would likely get buried in WWE. Joe has held TNA's World Championship and Vince has a history of disliking guys who win their first world title elsewhere. If he did go to WWE and didn't get buried (which is a pretty big IF) then I could see him feuding with all sorts of larger guys. I think they would have him do angles with guys like Big Show, Kane, Henry, and Brodus (if he ever gets to return) since WWE loves to do those feuds between two "monsters". He might or might not have a shot at the two world titles but it would depend on how over he could get and the odds would be against him due to having already held TNA's World Championship. A Samoa Joe World Heavyweight Championship feud would be cool to see. He's better off remaining in TNA though. Joe made the right choice.

okay just because you are a heavy guy doesn't mean you are not in good physical condition. This is not an excuse but he is samoan and most samoan wrestlers tend to be on the heavy side. If you have ever watched him in roh he has wrestled 60 min matches with cm punk on several occasions, at his current weight so I find his weight to not be a problem at all. My friends and I do a little wrestling occasionally and I am on the heavy side which is a polite way of saying that Im a fat guy, but I am in better condition than any of my friends and can run circles around all of them and do moonsaults and standing shooting star presses all day long, so being fat doesn't make you unfit because I am proof.

I would absolutely love to see Samoa Joe come to the WWE and would mtfo hearing his music on WWE programming. His style fits absolutely perfect. All he would need to do is show some more work ethic, which I partly blame TNA's bad booking for Joe. He's much like RVD where if he actually cares about his current matches/booking, he goes all in and is a great performer. It's just hard to be enthusiastic when you're being bounced all over the place and thrown into crap feuds for no reason.

okay just because you are a heavy guy doesn't mean you are not in good physical condition. This is not an excuse but he is samoan and most samoan wrestlers tend to be on the heavy side. If you have ever watched him in roh he has wrestled 60 min matches with cm punk on several occasions, at his current weight so I find his weight to not be a problem at all. My friends and I do a little wrestling occasionally and I am on the heavy side which is a polite way of saying that Im a fat guy, but I am in better condition than any of my friends and can run circles around all of them and do moonsaults and standing shooting star presses all day long, so being fat doesn't make you unfit because I am proof.

Fully agreed! I've never understood why there was an obsession with Joe losing weight when it's never effected his performances, and surely it's good to see some varied looks as opposed to guys all looking like they came straight from the latest ab video workout.

As for the laziness, whether it's related to being booked like dog crap for so long I don't know, but I think if he got a shot at the big time he'd be on his best behaviour in all aspects, and despite his words I am sure he'd jump if WWE came calling, especially now his buddy has such a good spot in the company.

Whether he can make it in WWE or not is all down to the booking. Joe has the talent in the ring and on the mic to do well, but if he is not booked as a killer and instead as the WWE staple 'chickenshit heel', then he'd fail.

Samoa Joe's a bigger idiot than I gave him credit for; a glutton for punishment. I think even TNA's staunchest supporter would admit how he's simply been floundering around there for a while now. Joe, news flash - if you don't like something, you can just quit. It's not like you haven't given TNA a fair shake of the stick. You've been there, what, five, six years now? They've quite literally started inverting the great booking they gave you when you started there - record-breaking winning streak to record-breaking losing streak. Your contract runs out, you're not obliged to stick with them like you have Stockholm syndrome.

I've always felt that Joe is talented, and a fairly unique wrestler. His style is very defined and so nailed down that I think he could walk out of TNA and into WWE tomorrow and there wouldn't be any major stylistic clash. Steve Austin has gone on record as saying he thinks Joe would do well in WWE, and I agree with him. Shit, if Bryan Danielson can, why not Samoa Joe?

Joe, if the biggest wrestling company in North America comes knocking at your door, please don't just go "Hurr durr loyalty!" and slam it shut on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back