• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samoa Joe, TNA you're TOO Late, Learn When to Pull The Trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think putting the strap on Joe in 2006 or 2005 would result in a similar situation that AJ Styles was in in late 2006 and most of 2007. After the team of Styles and Daniels broke up there was really nothing left for him to do. He was a three time World Champion, at the time a 3 time Tag Team Champion and a six time X-Division Champion. I remember hearing that they were going to make AJ Styles the face of the X-Division once again but decided against it and turned him heel and we all know what happened. Although now at least he's no longer wrestling goofy and is bringing the intensity to a match that he brought when he was a face.

If Joe was given the belt in 2006 I think it would have killed his character. Because he was still relatively early in his TNA career they had him come close but ultimately fail. He didn't win it in his first 2 title shots made him see human, and relate able. It showed that while he was great, he wasn't perfect. He had to work for his title which despite the reaction to the MMA-style match at Lockdown the build showed that he worked for it, he busted his ass to get there. It's better then the Superman character winning the title because then you become another Goldberg.

How can you tell if Joe lost momentum just cause TNA give him the belt in 2006? The way you can tell if a person lost momentum is by the reaction he is given by the crowd and by how well his merchandise draws when they are on the road.

In 06 Joe really wasn't really that much of a household name and TNA built him up to try and be a house hold name. In 2006-2007 Joe was feuding with Kurt Angle and that really helped get him over as the #1 baby face in TNA Wrestling.

In 2008 They had him team with Nash to get more exposure, then he went and refereed the Title match at Against All Odds, Defeated the Angle Alliance at Destination X, and Cleanly pinned Kurt Angle for the TNA World Heavyweight Title at Lockdown. I don't see how Joe has lost any momentum just cause he didn't get the belt during his undefeated streak.

Even Samoa Joe himself has said that it is the right time for him to be champion. TNA is a growing company and in their current situation, which is different from the AWA, ROH, WCW, ECW or WWE, it was not smart to put the title on Joe. Maybe it would have been good, i don't know...

...but really guys, stop bitching, build a bridge and get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back