• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samoa Joe Misused????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe has been misused greatly. Ever since he came off of the angle with well...Angle. The amount of natural esteem and the aura of fear and respect that came with him are gone. He's still loved by the fans but they've killed the near invincibility that made him great. Now, he's just another so-so character on a show that's been pushing way too many of the overpaid, overhyped vets as of recent. I'm a Sting mark from way back, but he should've left well enough alone and not re-signed. He doesn't have what it takes to get TNA where it needs to be. It's going to take a revolutionary wrestling product to do that and he doesn't have the physical tools anymore to mix it up at the speed of guys like Styles, Daniels, and Joe.
I want to comment on the bolded section for a minute.

From what is said there, he was great because he was invincible. Don't you think that it may that if he can't get over without making the entire roster job out to him, then maybe he's not worthy of holding the top spot?

Don't get me wrong, I think Joe is fabulous, but it seems to me that people are complaining about him being misused because he is no longer running through everyone on the roster. He main-evented at both Destination X and Lockdown (two months in a row) and his overall record in TNA is still incredible. Just because he has to take a few losses, doesn't mean that he's being misused. It just means that he is like everyone else.

I think TNA was trying to stay away from the whole undefeated deal for a reason. Its been done before. Goldbergs whole streak in WCW was amazing, but is it something that needed to be done again? I like the fact that he doesnt have an undefeated streak. It makes his matches a little bit more unpredictable. I do not believe that the Samoa Joe character has been misused. He's been the same character since starting with the promotion only now he has a larger fan base. He's a tough guy who can brawl with anyone and fly with the rest of them. I think he's had some stellar feuds and is still having some great feuds, just because he's yet to become the TNA Champion doesn't mean that he's been misused. He's just being built as a future great champion. I think TNA has a plan for Joe and we'll eventually see how it all plays out.

to me it does seem like when Angle came in Joe just pushed to that back. TNA should push the talent they put on the map like Joe I mean yeah some of us knew him from ROH and stuff but for people who don't watch Indy Wrestling Joe was put on the map by TNA. Push the guys you put on the map and Joe is your best option.

WWE should sign Samoa Joe and make him a top star on ECW or Smackdown. TNA is way to crammed to get all their talent in and their hexagonal ring is neither more entertaining than four sides nor original. I think that TNA should get rid of the bad announcers and get better promos (other than Christians). TNA should try to be different than WWE with their storylines and matches rather than their ring.

There is a problem with that, WWE won't sign Samoa Joe, I mean look at Mick Foley's book the Hardcore diaries and you will see that WWE had a chance to sign Samoa Joe but didn't because he didn't have the WWE look.
Of course there is always a chance they will learn from their mistakes and sign him if TNA ever lets him go( which will never happen)or he could always go back to ROH where he was appreciated. Back on topic however, I feel that TNA should push the talent that worked for them longer and helped them , I am not saying that they shouldn't push the big names they got from WWE, just not so early. Oh and by the way I am new here.

Joe isn't being misused. Put it this way, what would he be doing if he were in WWE. Chances are, he would be another big man that squashes people, but doesn't wrestle. He would begiven the Jamal treatment, painted up, and called Umaga, or Shumaga, the dreaded Samoan Shoemaking Machine. He will use shoe polish as War Paint, grrr scary man. Joe doesn't have the WWE look, it's that simple, ask Ariel. He wouldn't be allowed to wrestle the style we want him to in WWE. He will be another Lashley, mowing people over with very little wrestlign holds in the process.

Be patient with Joe, just like with Kennedy. Let them run their course in the midcard. Joe's push was becoming awfully Goldbergish for my taste. He needed to lose and get over on his own accord, not some stupid Streak gimmick that has been played to death over and over again. Joe will get the gold and his chance to shine with it, most likely at Slammiversary, if not, then so be it. The longer it goes before he gets the gold, the sweeter it willb e when he gets it, much like RVD.

I want to comment on the bolded section for a minute.

From what is said there, he was great because he was invincible. Don't you think that it may that if he can't get over without making the entire roster job out to him, then maybe he's not worthy of holding the top spot?

Don't get me wrong, I think Joe is fabulous, but it seems to me that people are complaining about him being misused because he is no longer running through everyone on the roster. He main-evented at both Destination X and Lockdown (two months in a row) and his overall record in TNA is still incredible. Just because he has to take a few losses, doesn't mean that he's being misused. It just means that he is like everyone else.
I guess you misunderstood what I meant (and I probably didn't type what I felt very well, either, so my apologies). I don't mind Joe losing. That's not the problem. However, a loss to someone like Tomko in a throwaway match is worthless and does nothing but damage the credibility and marketability of Joe. I don't like him because I want him to be a Goldberg-esque character. I like him because he can wrestle into a deep contest that goes long enough to satisfy even my smark needs, but that he uses intelligence to win and still has to work for it against the other top guys. Not just mowing everyone down in his path, because I'm not a big fan (understatement) of squash matches. I loved his matches with A.J. and Daniels because there were times that I didn't honestly know who was going to win and the wrestling was so good, I completely forgot to be a smark when watching and just got lost in it. However, something as irresponsible as a jobbing to Tomko, it is a buzzkiller for me, in a way. I didn't mind the losses to Angle at all and wouldn't have minded him losing to other top guys. But I'd hardly consider Tomko a top guy at this point. That kind of sloppy booking is a character crippler, for my taste, is all. And I'd honestly see Joe in the main events putting on his caliber of performance over someone like Sting (even though I've been the biggest Sting mark since I was eight years old).

Joe got a super push when he came in as the unstoppable Somoan Submission Machine. They didn't let any jobbers end his streak either. It was Kurt f'n Angle. So now he has to pya his dues. No matter what the fans thing. That's all.

As long as Joe gets to wrestle every month, I'm happy. He's got such a unique style, which many mistake for a lack of athleticism. Sure, Joe isn't AJ Styles but, when the time comes, he'll gladly throw himself over the top rope. His submission style and brutal tactics make him amazing to watch and I love how he can link two, three, four or even five submissions to each other. He's definitely found something that suits him perfectly. His fued with AJ and Daniels just goes to show how he can be marketed. I don't know about you, but I found him truly menacing during that time, as if he was really an unstoppable bastard that'd tear my heart out as soon as look at me.

I, like many others, am also glad his undefeated streak came to an end. He didn't need Goldberg comparisons hanging over his head. I've got to say though, I love Joe and he's brought the fun back into wrestling for me (along with guys like AJ Styles). It was awesome when me and my brother were watching Joe/Cage, it was the first wrestling PPV we'd watched together for a while and we were both chanting for different sides.

To conclude, I think that Joe has a valuable place in TNA and, if they move to two hours, he'll be given an even better place. I also think that the gold isn't too far away from his reach and it's fairly inevitable that he'll get it sooner or later.

I think they might be getting too many people jumping ship that some of their dudes that had been in the company get pushed to the side so the more famous superstars can headline. Sting, Angle, Christian, those guys. So now TNA has to scramble around and find something for the other guys, Joe, AJ, and Jarrett to do. So some of them might be temporarily out of place. And if RVD goes to TNA somebody else will be getting put in some storyline where they will be misused.

Joe's dope...and his match against Chris Hero on Sun June 24 for Pro Wrestling Syndicate in NJ is going to be a 5 star.

How has he been misused?! I think he needed some time away from wrestling every single week and been in the top 2 matches at every PPV because other guys need to be given a chance. JOe is a good wrestler and over with the fans, that isnt going to change just because they lighten his workload a little. I think the only thing I would say is if TNA were clever they would have Joe get into good shape to prepare him for a title run later in the year which is probably invetiable at some point anyway. Christian I am sorry to say will probably leave at the end of the year or early next year because WWE will be very interested in his services and i dunno it just seems like its not really working out in TNA- he as improved in the ring loads tho while he has been there everyone thinks that! Sting I agree should hang up his boots and leave Samoa Joe to fill his vacuum- although Sting helping push Daniels is great. Angle is the best guy they have got so there is no question about keeping him in the main event picture or not. I would like to think that next year Daniels, Styles, Joe, Angle, Rudde, and maybe even Sabin are in the title picture at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back