[SACRIFICE] The Aftermath

Mexican America vs Ink Inc

Not bad at all here. Formulaic tag match, but it really worked. I have no problem with Mexican America in the ring at all, but the promos are terrible.

In Ring Promo: Karen, Jeff, Foley

Because Wrestling Matters, right? Shit promo, completely unnecessary.

Robbie E vs Brian Kendrick

Didn't care about the match in the slightest, but Brian Kendrick may be my favorite character in the business right now. His promo, his mannerisms, everything was just awesome.

Madison Rayne vs Mickie James

Awful. Women wrestling sucks ass.

Max Buck vs Kaz

This match was pretty god damn good. There was no way I was buying Max getting the win, but the ring work was fun. It wasn't "wrestling" like the fans were chanting, it was a spotfest. But it was a very fun spotfest.

Abyss vs Crimson

Wow. Not bad at all which is quite a surprise to me. These Big vs Big matches usually suck ass, but somehow they managed to keep up a decent pace. This Crimson kid looked great. He may be someone worth keeping an eye on.

Beer Money vs America's Most Bloated

Hardy really needs to hook up Harris with whoever is giving him his steroids. He is in shit shape. The match could have been really good but Harris just brought the quality waaay down with his atrocious selling and sloppy ring work. A decent match, no question. But it wasn't what it should have been.

AJ Styles vs Tommy Dreamer

AJ is absolutely one of the best wrestlers in the business and he could pull a good match out of everyone, this was no exception. But why in the FUCK is Tommy Dreamer pinning Styles on PPV in 2011? Matter of fact, why is Dreamer on PPV in 2011? Fuck storyline purposes, this doesn't benefit anyone. Dreamer should be used as enhancement talent and nothing else. AJ should be in the World Title picture, not doing the job for an old fuck way past his prime with no business being out there.

Karen & Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle & Chyna

For the love of everything sacred in this world, please, please let this be the end of this feud. This has gone on far too long and it really just needs to end. Badly. The match was actually pretty good until the women got involved. The crowd absolutely loves Chyna, so I'd say she deserves to be there. Despite her lack of skill and being extremely out of shape. The whole thing was very entertaining though.

Who wants to bet that Angle is porking Chyna now?

Sting vs RVD

Meh. It was okay but... Well it was actually pretty shit. Sting is just awful in the ring these days and he really just needs to hang it up at this point. RVD worked his ass off but he still couldn't pull a good match out of this. Just a shitty main event.

Overall: Actually a decent PPV. Not good but not bad either, which is definitely a step up from where they had been going recently. They may have suckered me into watching iMPACT this week, barring an NBA game on Thursday. Perfectly fine PPV.

C+

Darkshot 77's Thoughts on Sacrifice 2011

I have mixed emotions about the PPV, Afterwards I was impressed, but the more I think about it, the more the aftertaste sets in. In one aspect, the PPV was solid. There were no matches I would call bad, but there were none I would call great, with exception to the Kaz/Buck match. It was great that Hogan and Bischoff were not involved, this led to more of a focus on the wrestling. And that was one thing that TNA did right, made it about the wrestling, not solely entertainment. So there the PPV was a total and complete success. BUt there were some things they could have improved on. One, there were no blow off matches. It was either an un-developed matches or a continuation of a feud. I felt nothing that was high stakes in the PPV. They could have had another match, the PPV only went 2 hours and 50 min, counting the Jarretts promo, which stands as the only brown stain on the whole PPV. I felt like there needed to be more. It felt like a 3 hour impact. If Impact wrestling could do there weekly wrestling show like this, they were be gaining ground. But they need to step their PPV's up. That was better than a shizfest of there other PPV's i.e. Bound for glory VI, but it paled in comparison to Lockdown for example. There was no bad, but there was no great. So a step in the right direction, but, there is still much work to be done.

Other Thoughts: What was with the refereeing. Nothing gets you DQ'ed in TNA. Abyss was using a nailboard, Sarita or Rosita blatantly interfeared in front of the ref. Sting and RVD battled outside, nothing. So by that path of logic, why was AJ/Dreamer a no DQ match, it was no DQ all show. The ref dicied that after a minuet or so of battling outside to finally start a count on RVD...really makes sense. And back to mexican america, why perform a distraction behind the ref's back, when you can do one in his face and not get DQ'd, why try so hard when no one else is.

I love Brian Kendrick. I dont Understand his gimmick at all, but i love it. He seems so out of it, but is wrestling. When he told Cookie, "God has a plan for you" I was laughing so hard. Props to Kendrick.

The Knockouts match was...Really pointless. It took so long for Tara to do what we knew she was going to do. Not a bad match, but to to long to get done.

Kaz and Max had a great match, everything went well. The only complaint is when Kaz kicked out of the 450 splash. He could justy have just as easily have put his foot on the rope, and not bury Max, by kicking out of his finisher.

And who wrote Kaz's dialogue "You couldn't be a star if a ninja threw you" Not even The Rock could have made that a good line.

Jarretts v. Angle and Chyna was good. Love how Karen set her arms up for the pedigree prematurely. Kinda funny.

The Impact zone is so good and bad at the same time, First, everyone gets pop, even Robbie E. but on the flip side, they have some good chants. "Chyna's gonna kill you" and my personal favorite "Knock Knock, whose there, Braden Walker"

He, Chris Harris was very overweight, get into shape, get off the ring rust, and we will accept you back.

Final Score: 5/10

-Mexican America vs. Ink Inc. - 5/10

I like Ink Inc. I have no problem with Mexican America. This match did exactly what I expected of it, it was solid and it's playing one of the oldest storylines in the book. I assume it will keep going so we'll see what happens but I have no real problem with it at the moment.

-Robbie E. vs. Kendrick - 6/10

This match wasn't bad but it was totally let down by the fact there was no reason for them to be fighting... I like Kendricks attempt to bring back the X Division to the front and I like Kendrick so hopefully that continues. This match was more about letting Kendrick get the win than anything else.

-TNA Knockouts Title Match: Madison Rayne vs. Mickie James - 3/10

Blah I'm glad Tara's going to be doing her own thing. Madison annoys the crap out of me so hopefully thats the end of this feud and we can have Mickie and Tara go at it again.

-TNA X Division Title Match: Max Buck vs. Kazarian - 8/10

This is total nit picking but since Max Buck won this title shot have we seen him? I maybe missed it but I seriously can't remember doing so. Just annoys me that the X Division gets 0 storyline. However this was a really good match and probably my favourite on the card. Just start giving them stories please TNA.

-Abyss vs. Crimson - 5/10

Typical power match nothing horrible, nothing great.

-TNA Tag Team Title Match: Matt Hardy & Chris Harris vs. Beer Money - 6/10

I think Matt Hardy has come on leaps and bounds since coming to TNA. He's looking fitter and just generally better in the ring. Glad Beer Money won made no sense to take the belt off him. I wasn't watching TNa back in the days of AMW so I don't know what kind of shape Harris was in then but he looked a bit out of shape to me. All the same solid match.

-AJ Styles vs. Tommy Dreamer - 1/10

Dreamer going over Styles... That just kind of made me sad if I'm perfectly honest. Styles is fantastic and Dreamer is just well Tommy Dreamer. Not even in ECW was he much more than a glorified jobber why are TNA trying to make him anything different. Horrible feud I just wish would end.

-Kurt Angle & Chyna vs. Karen & Jeff Jarrett - 7/10

Chyna looked rusty but that's to be expected. She also doesn't look anywhere near as muscular as she used to. Was also some very strange rules going on there like when Angle tagged out but then because Jeff got him into the ring he became the legal man again? Never seen that in a mixed tag match before. To be fair it was an enjoyable match though. Jarrett and Kurt carried it obviously which is a good thing. Less of Karen in the ring the better in all honesty.

-TNA World Heavyweight Title Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Sting - 6/10

I don't like having a guest commentator for a PPV main event... Just takes my focus away from the main event when Taz and Tenay are sitting questioning Anderson. Solid match though. Enjoyed it.

Overall PPV Rating: 7/10

Let down for me by some really average matches. Dreamer going over Styles as well. TNA did focus on the wrestling though so it's a start.

TNA Sacrifice 2011

Mexican America/ With Rosita & Sarita VS Ink Inc.

Rosita hops in the ring. She distracts Shannon Moore, as Ink Inc. is about to hit their double team finisher. Shannon wants to deck Sarita, but Neal stops him. Moore is pulled to the outside by Anarquia and Sarita. He receives a beat down from the members of Mexican America. Hernandez hits an inverted sitout side powerslam, and he picks up the three count for the win. This was a decent opening match. Neal and Moore displayed some good teamwork. Mexican America resorted to dirty tactics to win this match, and the constant interference from Rosita and Sarita had to be expected. This match did have a basic feel to it, but I think everything worked well here. Match Rating- 5/10

Jeff Jarrett, Karen, & Mick Foley

Jeff and Karen are out. Karen is hobbling to the ring on crutches. Apparently, Karen had a slip and fall accident. Her ankle is destroyed, so of course she can’t compete in the tag team match tonight, but Mick Foley has something to say about this. Karen’s injury is a fake, and she used someone else’s x-rays to pull a fast one. According to Foley, Karen will have stylish ring gear. Foley says she will look good, as she gets her ass kicked. Well, Foley made sure to remind us that “wrestling matters” during this segment. Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it. As far as this segment goes, I thought it was okay. Foley was entertaining on the mic as usual, but it was obvious Karen was faking her injury. Still, Karen’s little temper tantrum at the end of this segment did make me laugh. This was on okay segment, and I didn’t have too big of a problem with it.

Robbie. E/With Cookie VS Brian Kendrick

Kendrick hits a jumping kick to the face for the win. I thought this was a nice match. This one had a steady pace, and Kendrick did perform some impressive offensive maneuvers. Cookie did get involved at one point, but her interference wasn’t anything major. Kendrick’s weird antics during the match were kind of funny, and the promo he cut before this match was pretty damn good. Match Rating- 5/10

Madison Rayne VS Mickie James- TNA Knockouts Championship- If Madison Loses, Tara Is Free From Her Contract

Mickie accidentally takes out the ref with a flying Thesz Press from the top rope. Tara climbs in the ring with the loaded glove. She looks like she’s going to clock Mickie. She hesitates. Madison pleads with Tara. She tells her to do the right thing, so naturally Tara hits Madison with loaded glove. Tara revives the ref, he counts to three, and Tara is free from her contract. I couldn’t get into this match. The ref was knocked out a couple of times, and Tara being at ringside was a constant distraction. The rhythm wasn’t there most of the times, and the flow wasn’t that good in this one, and overall, Mickie VS Tara was a sub par Knockouts Championship match. I can understand Tara’s celebration after the match. She was finally free from the evil clutches of Madison, so it was okay for her to feel a great sense of relief. Although, I’m not too sure I’m excited about the obvious upcoming feud between these two. Match Rating- 3/10

Max Buck VS Kaz- X- Division Championship

Kaz hits a Shinning Wizard to retain his X-Division Championship. Very entertaining match here. The back and forth action between Kaz and Buck was pretty damn good, both men pulled off some impressive counters, and this was a very competitive match. Match Rating- 8/10

Abyss VS Crimson

Crimson lifts Abyss up for a sit down powerbomb. He nails it, and Crimson picks up the three count to keep his streak alive. Wow. I was really surprised by this match, because I expected it to be total shit, but I was completely wrong. This was a very hard hitting and physical match. Crimson and Abyss dished out a lot of punishment, and Crimson’s powerbomb on Abyss looked unreal. TNA must have a lot of faith in Crimson, because he has received a nice push, and his win streak is still alive. Match Rating- 6/10

Beer Money VS Matt Hardy & Chris Harris- TNA World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships

Beer Money goes for the DWI to finish Harris off, but Storm wants to put an exclamation point on this one. Roode holds Harris, and Storm heads to the top rope for a leg drop and Beer Money finishes Harris off with The Death Sentence Leg Drop to retain the gold. This was a pretty solid match. The teamwork from Beer Money was good as usual, and Matt Hardy carried the load on his team, because I do think Chris Harris was the weak link in this match. You could tell he was out of shape, and it really showed throughout this match. I was expecting to see a big heel turn here. I thought Storm would stab in Roode in the back, and reform America’s Most Wanted, but it seems as if TNA isn’t ready to break up Beer Money yet. It’ll be interesting to see where Roode and Storm go from here. Match Rating- 6/10

Tommy Dreamer VS AJ Styles- NO DQ

AJ sets up for the Styles Clash, but Bully Ray slides in the ring. He has a chain wrapped around his hand, and he pops AJ in the back of the head with a punch. Daniels is out to chase Ray away. Dreamer piledrives Styles though a table to pick up the win. There was a good amount of violence in this match, and there was some nice back and forth action between these two, but I can’t believe Dreamer won. Dreamer pinning AJ Styles once is enough for me, but now it happens again??? It looks the situation between Dreamer and Styles will continue, but as of right now, I’m not that excited about this feud. Match Rating: 7/10

Jeff & Karen Jarrett VS Kurt Angle & Chyna

Chyna hits a Pedigree on Karen. She follows this up with an Ankle Lock. Jarrett tries to come in for the save. But Angle catches him with an Ankle Lock. Karen taps to end this one. The stuff between Angle and Jarrett was damn good, and I think Chyna did enough. Chyna did botch the body slam on Jarrett a little bit, but it didn’t look that bad. You had to expect some ring rust, because Chyna has been out for a while. Part of this match was about showcasing Chyna. She didn’t wrestle that much here, but Chyna was supposed to be the woman who came to beat up on Karen, so she did accomplish her goal. This wasn’t as terrible as I thought it would be, but I hope the Angle/Jarrett feud ends soon, because this rivalry has gone on long enough. Match Rating- 6/10

Sting VS RVD- TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Anderson joins Tenay and Taz for commentary. Oh joy.

Sting hits the Scorpion Death Drop on RVD for the win. I suppose this was a solid World Heavyweight Championship match. The Scorpion Death Drop did feel kind of sudden, and I didn't feel the suspense towards the end, but I still enjoyed this match. There was some nice back and forth action between Sting and RVD, and this one did have a steady pace. Also, I thought Anderson was kind of annoying on commentary here. He just kept running his mouth throughout the entire match, and there were times where I wanted to mute this one. Match Rating- 6/10

After the match, RVD congratulates Sting. Anderson wants to show the Champ some respect, but he decides to engage Sting in a stare down to close the show.

Overall Show Rating 7/10:
Sacrifice 2011 was a pretty solid show. The majority of the matches were solid, or they delivered well. The only match I couldn’t get into was Mickie VS Madison. Nothing spectacular happened here, but this wasn’t a bad show.

I don't think the majority of the fans can handle watching this much wrestling and not get bored by it. Wrestlezone.com polls has 40% of people giving this PPV a 1? Why.. because you don't appreciate an overall VERY SOLID wrestling performance by Impact WRESTLERS?!?

Ink Inc. Vs Mexican America - Always like seeing Sarita, I think I got a lil crush on her. Along with half the females in pro wrestling. I like how Jesse Neal came out with the USA flag and got the crowd involved, this match was solid, dragged a bit towards the end.. Mexican America doesn't wrestle faced pace Impact Wrestling style like most of the tag teams do, so they mighta caused the match to drag.. but it was a fine match and Mexican America is being built up as a new tag team with this win.

Kendrick and Robbie E. OOO! OOO! OOO! Yes.. I enjoy the fist pumping. Therefore I enjoy Robbie E and Cookie because he's a solid wrestler.. I think a lot of people just look away as soon as they see his gimmick.. but man he plays it so well, my dude! I'm not sure if I liked Kendrick's gimmick or not... sometimes I just wanted to see him wrestle not goof off... I liked his bad ass HBKesque gimmick at the end of his run in WWE.

Madison Rayne Vs Mickie James.. wasn't really too excited by this match.. like both these ladies.. no I love em both. I like how Madison executes her character. And I love watching them both in HD. Tara's free.. cool..

Max Buck vs Kazarian.. as you all said.. Match of the Night.. some complained about a lack of build up.. well TNA's about wrestling now... and Max Buck won a number 1 contenders match... who cares about the build up....

Abyss Vs Crimson.. Abyss dominated Crimson most the match, which I guess is suppose to help Abyss look good even in defeat. Crimson is a star in the making, but if their building him up for a feud with Joe.. I'm not sure if I believe Crimson's streak should continue over a match with Joe... Joe is Joe...

Tag Tittle Match.. Beer Money straight up brings the pain as usual... exciting to watch... I love Fortune.

Tommy Dreamer Vs AJ Styles... I liked the fact that we get a lil hardcore during the PPV after watching a bunch of wrestling... this match even started off with 5 minutes of wrestling. Anyways I really liked this match, AJ always puts on a good show though.. Tommy won.. oh well... perhaps they feel he could use a win to retain himself, and it also puts heat on Bully Ray Vs AJ Styles at Slammiversary I'm guessing. Good Match.

The Mixed Tag Match was fun, I kinda wish Chyna would stay around. All I want is Kurt to rip Karen's clothes off like one time.... is that too much to ask for in an intense wrestling program like TNA?!?

And I enjoyed the main event, in fact I like RVD in main event matches, if they give him time and let him start the match slow by taunting and such it turns out pretty good. He got a lil extreme in the crowd with Sting which really brought the crowd into it.. I liked this match and it was much better than I thought it could be. Sting seems to be a little more interested in the wrestling business than he's been in recent years.

Very solid wrestling ppv... they defiantly can be called Impact Wrestling with shows like this.

I don't think the majority of the fans can handle watching this much wrestling and not get bored by it. Wrestlezone.com polls has 40% of people giving this PPV a 1? Why.. because you don't appreciate an overall VERY SOLID wrestling performance by Impact WRESTLERS?!?

I don't think the people WHO ACTUALLY WATCHED THE FUCKING PPV voted it one star... I think it was just a bunch of sports entertainment fanboys :)2up: voting down a better PPV than their company has put on in years.

but as for my opinion on the pay per view itself. id say it was definitely one of the best all around WRESTLING shows ive seen from either company in quite awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back