• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sacrifice '14 Eric Young (C) v. Magnus TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Who wins?

• Eric Young

• Magnus

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
1.jpg

World Heavyweight Title rematch — Magnus (who lost clean, mind you!) will take on Dixie Carter's intellectual property and new TNA World Heavyweigth champion Eric Young!

We're countin' on you, EY!

As most people, I'm a bit confused that they didn't allude to this match on the show considering when it is, and I expected Magnus to make some sort of appearance during or after the Monsters Ball match to hype this match but hey.

I think iMPACT and the wrestlers did a good job of putting over EY as a champ, considering his past character history, his lack of main event competition and his physical drawbacks. No better job than Young did himself in the main event, a match we've seen a variation of in previous weeks but still tweaked and well performed on the night. It took almost 15 minutes and had EY beat Abyss in convincing fashion.

Magnus is someone I think has grown very well with the championship, and I think that now he's on that course he will continue to do so. Losing clean to Young did come out of left field, as they say, and he doesn't certainly doesn't have enough in the way of clean convincing wins to make that route appear as a possibility in the future. He ought to.

It seems that TNA wants Young to be champion for a little while yet, and that he's getting a Sabin-esque run with the belt, so Magnus isn't expected to win his re-match but I think he needs to be contained and handled properly to keep him as viable contention for a run in the future. Magnus is a guy they need to invest in strongly and keep the faith with, with age on his size and physical ability still untapped he could lead the company for years to come.

I'd like to see Magnus go into a programme with a bonefide champion and trade clean wins and losses to prove that's within his repertoire and then possibly reclaim his title from Young or feud against Joe or even Abyss for it, should it come to that. But as for the match, I think this should be a good length match as it is on a rare non-One Night Stand PPV and should have EY overcoming the adversity or perhaps Magnus' domineering physical presence and perhaps even the intervention of Abyss to retain the title in a solid 15-20 minute match.

That puts EY in good stead to continue his title reign and allows Magnus to slink off to recharge his batteries before re-asserting himself into te title picture. Young doesn't need to be a fixture in the main event/title scene. I'm glad he won a belt and am in no way ashamed of his as a champion of the company, but he's proven he can carry here-and-there feuds up and down the card in the past. Let this be his one moment in the forefront, his time in the limelight before he resumes his duty He's no the man to carry forward the company, but he can maintain it whilst it assembles itself.

I think this is EY's. Why? Look at the face landscape - Kurt, Willow, Anderson, Bully and Joe. On the reverse, look at the heel landscape - Roode, Aries, Shaw, EC3, Storm and Magnus.

Maybe it's just me but I'd just enjoy seeing EY against these heels who'll all consider themselves his superior. Somehow, these feuds feel fresher to me than Magnus against the face group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back