Ryder VS Kane at Wrestlemania 28

MaverickAZ

Occasional Pre-Show
makes sense from a storyline standpoint

and also wouldn't mind it somehow being for the U.S Title either. Could have Kane come out and beat Swagger for the Title, have KANE rub it in Cena's face that he took his friends (Ryder) title, further pushing Cena over the edge. Sorry, not a fan of Swagger, too plain

This instantly makes the U.S Title relevant at your biggest PPV, and would give Ryder much needed validity as a top tier performer with a clean win over KANE. Kinda "defying the odds" type, and i think both of them could put on a helluva match if given time

KANE at this point should be putting over talent, what better way to do it then for Ryder.

Kane won't fight Ryder. While the idea is decent, it's not a "Mania" match that works and Ryder isn't getting the US Title back before Mania either. Swagger should be holding it for awhile actually despite the disdain most people have for the idea. Well, I take that back, a lot of people like Swagger having it and I can see why. He deserves a new chance at building himself up again.

As far as Kane goes though, It will be Taker at mania and here's why as I've said in other threads before:

#1 - Masked Kane is back. Masked Kane never got to fight Taker again, it was unmasked Kane who lost the re-match before at WM20. A less powerful Kane mind you.

#2 - Kane's message of Hate. For Kane his message of hate has always been about his family life and issues with Taker. He reiterated that point a couple of weeks ago in attacking husbands and wives and children, picking on family.

#3 - Kane is the only available/believable wrestler to dare to take on Taker at mania this year. For pure strength and size Wade Barrett might be a possibility, but with Cena tied up, then Kane is the only choice left. They sure as hell aren't going to use Big Show as there's no real rivalry here and no chance to build one. Triple H is out of the question because outside of WWE Creative, I don't think anyone thought that match turned out good AT ALL.

#4 All in all, in my view the choice that WWE is going to go with is Kane simply because it works. It's easy to throw together (especially last minute), and outside of those of us who yearn for something bigger/better, this is going to make people overall happy, especially since it was WM14 when Masked Kane and Taker faught last... right after he came in as masked Kane... Revenge at its finest this time around.

I completely disagree with the OP's idea. That would be one of the most unbelievable things WWE has ever done if Ryder ever went clean over Kane. I 100% doubt that that will ever happen WWE Creative isn't that stupid.

It really isn't believable, from Kane destroying anything in his path at the moment, including super-human Cena, to losing to the Long Island Iced Z? Really?

Kane I think really needs to have a good match this year possibly a one on one match with someone Taker or a big face or somehow can go face maybe face cody rhodes or even barrett. He has the mask and seems like an unstoppable monster. And i really just don't see him going against ryder, i mean the guy had a good run earlier this year but if hes in anything at Mania it will be the MITB Match. Unless Ryder comes back after the Chamber with a new look more muscle and more serious attitude to be a good top face. Kidn of like what they did with Cody Rhodes last year and look where it got him.

I think Kane has to win at Mania and whoever it is, whether it's Ryder or not. Kane's new (old) gimmick really needs to be forced down our throats I think so he needs to win at the biggest PPV of the year. Ryder can go over him in the next few matches after but do not let Kane lose at the biggest PPV of the year.

Doesn't Ryder have a broken back anyways (Kayfabed)? So he should be out until after Mania if they really want to do that silly storyline with him.

Now, I don't know how long this injury angle with Zack Ryder is gonna play out, but does anyone else see Ryder/Kane playing out at Wrestlemania?

Now, neither Kane or Cena are in the Raw chamber match, which means that their feud will clearly continue on until Elimination Chamber. The next night, my guess is that the feud will be promptly dropped so that Cena can start building back up towards the Rock. It also looks like Ryder won't actually be wrestling anytime soon due to his "injury", so there wont be any new feuds in his way anytime soon. This leaves both Kane and Ryder open for a match at Mania, and Ryder did do an interview the other day saying he was hoping for a match this year and for his Wrestlemania moment.

Another interesting note is that it's been reported that one of the reasons Kane is back with a mask is because WWE is looking to break the world record of having the most masked people in one place this year at Mania with the sales of Kane/Mysterio/Cara masks. So with Kane being the only active masked wrestler right now, they wont leave him off the card.

So with Kane free after Elimination Chamber, and Zack Ryder eventually healed up and looking for revenge, do you see a possibility of Kane Vs. Ryder at Wrestlemania? I'd say it's a safe bet. And hopefully the next step in legitimizing Zack Ryder as one of the future stars of the company.

What are your thoughts? Discuss! :)

Absolutely. Why the fuck not. It gives both of them something to do, and they're building towards it anyways. It sure beats putting two guys with a back story in the Money in the Bank match doesn't it? It would make a midcard feud mean something again.

I for one don't want to see it happen, not at Mania anyways. Ryder is supposedly meant to have a broken back for one. Secondly whoever wins the match the other will look extremely bad. If Kane was to win the match it would be like "like we couldn't see this happening, blah blah blah" and would contradict what WWE are doing (or trying) to do with Ryder. They are trying to make him look as someone that can actually take a beating instead of the WOOO whimp people make him out to be, or a joke. If Ryder was to win it would be like " How does someone with a broken back beat a monster like Kane" and would make Kanes return weak and less monteristic, which WWE do not want to do with the return of the mask.

I for one don't want to see it happen, not at Mania anyways. Ryder is supposedly meant to have a broken back for one. Secondly whoever wins the match the other will look extremely bad. If Kane was to win the match it would be like "like we couldn't see this happening, blah blah blah" and would contradict what WWE are doing (or trying) to do with Ryder. They are trying to make him look as someone that can actually take a beating instead of the WOOO whimp people make him out to be, or a joke. If Ryder was to win it would be like " How does someone with a broken back beat a monster like Kane" and would make Kanes return weak and less monteristic, which WWE do not want to do with the return of the mask.

I might be wrong here, but at last night's Royal Rumble, didn't Michael Cole say that the doctors expected a broken back, but it turned out to be a few herniated disks instead? Still painful, but would be possible to recover in time for Wrestlemania. Again, i could be wrong, but that's what i thought i heard.

I might be wrong here, but at last night's Royal Rumble, didn't Michael Cole say that the doctors expected a broken back, but it turned out to be a few herniated disks instead? Still painful, but would be possible to recover in time for Wrestlemania. Again, i could be wrong, but that's what i thought i heard.

Probably because I didn't watch the Rumble, but even then it would be still stupid for the match to take place. Nobody would expect Zack to win and if he did it makes Kane look weak and thats just a total 180 on what WWE are trying to produce with him.

I would not be opposed to seeing this match at Wrestlemania. I am a Ryder fan and also like that Kane is masked again. People seem to think that this should be avoided so that whoever loses does not have to deal with losing any momentum. I don't see that to be the case. Kane put over a ton of guys when he was unmasked and was still believable as someone higher up on the card. Ryder losing would undo some of the push he has been getting, he needs the win if this match happens because he's a future star whereas Kane will remain over especially in his newly remasked form.

I'm not sure if this will continue to play out all the way until Wrestlemania though. It has been going on for a while now and people might start to lose interest by then. I'd put them in a match together at Elimination Chamber. Neither of them are participating in Raw's Elimination Chamber, so why not have Kane put Ryder over at that PPV? Then they can both move on to their respective Wrestlemania angles. That way they can have their match, Ryder gets put over, and they can then enter Wrestlemania feuds that they can both win. That seems like the best scenario to me. I support thee idea of them facing each other at Wrestlemania though. It's a match I would look forward to watching!

I don't think they're going to fight each other just yet. In fact, as crazy as this sounds, I think for at least a brief period, Ryder will "embrace the hate" and become a disciple of Kane. Eventually he'll turn face again but I just think that WWE is going that way with this. He could then feud with Cena after Wrestlemania before eventually going face again and destroying Kane. Talk about getting over, he'd be a mega star after that, if creative could pull it off.

while it obviously makes sense, i hate this idea. i could never ever in a million years believe that ryder could beat kane. it's just too unbelievable for me

I Secondly whoever wins the match the other will look extremely bad.

That's for sure. If Kane beats Ryder, as one would expect, it does nothing for Kane's rep to beat a glorified jobber, but it does thrust Ryder back to the status of "nobody." He shouldn't be fighting Kane in the first place in a competitive setting. In other words, it's fine for Zack to be the victim of an ass kicking by Kane, but to have the two facing each other across the ring with Zack having hope of winning is absurd.

By the same token, if Kane loses to Ryder, his character is effectively finished as a force in WWE, no? The monster has just finished destroying John Cena in a singles match at a major PPV. He controlled the whole contest against WWE's best performer.....and now he's going one-on-one against Zack Ryder?

Someone in this topic referred to Kane as a mid-carder, but it's not so, especially since he returned from hiatus. He was heavyweight champion before he left; they didn't bring him back under the mask to be an also-ran. While there may not be championships in his future, the company didn't create this incarnation with the idea of Kane losing to anyone who isn't of the caliber of Cena, Punk or Undertaker.

Of course, I suppose they could have Zack pin Kane with tons of outside interference, in a situation where we would then be treated to the sight of Zack celebrating the win as if he achieved it himself, with over-exaggerated facial expressions and all. But if Zack Ryder ever goes clean over Kane, it might create a fissure in the space-time continuum that shatters existence as we know it.:gasp: And we don't want that, do we?

I think Ryder could be taken seriously if given the proper build. Here's how I see things:

They're likely going with one Final Cena/Kane Showdown at EC.

I see Ryder getting involved after making a miraculous recovery :suspic:
and costing Kane the match. This frees up Cena to deal with The Rock for the next month and a half leading up Mania and Kane will set his sights on Ryder. They could make Ryder Embrace The Hate 10x more than Cena ever did.

Kane may look a bit weak losing to a character like Ryder after coming off a program with Cena and having Ryder lose kills all that comeback Momentum nonsense.

No way Ryder beats Kane in a straight up one on one match, but given a No DQ stipulation, it could benefit Ryder by using a mass amount of weapons to pull of the win.

But it's all about how they build it up.

Maybe they can have Eve turn heel, screw Ryder and join up with Kane. :shrug:

Sure, why not? They've had plenty of David vs. Goliath matches before, this one would be booked no differently.
To even the odds though I think it should be a hardcore/extreme rules match. Maybe add a stipulation that if Ryder wins then Kane has to embrace the Bro.

makes sense from a storyline standpoint

and also wouldn't mind it somehow being for the U.S Title either. Could have Kane come out and beat Swagger for the Title, have KANE rub it in Cena's face that he took his friends (Ryder) title, further pushing Cena over the edge. Sorry, not a fan of Swagger, too plain

This instantly makes the U.S Title relevant at your biggest PPV, and would give Ryder much needed validity as a top tier performer with a clean win over KANE. Kinda "defying the odds" type, and i think both of them could put on a helluva match if given time

KANE at this point should be putting over talent, what better way to do it then for Ryder.

the day that zack ryder gets a clean victory over kane is the day i stop watching wrestling all together, it would never happen. im sorry man but kane doesnt need another title run, ryder vs kane would be a sqaush match to say the least. i mean i was angry just seeing kane get beat up by super cena, but ryder beating kane clean, it just wont happen. kane cant put over talent when he is masked, his character is a monster that destroys people, not a guy who puts over mid carders like ryder that are only half his size, this is the reality era, not some bs era where tiny guys beat monsters.

There’s no plausible way for Ryder to beat Kane cleanly at Wrestlemania, and Kane winning would serve little purpose, No, I think Ryder would do better in a match against John Laurinaitis. It’ll hardly be a ***** encounter (then again, Ryder vs. Kane wouldn’t be either) but it would definitely makes sense and help Ryder get over even more so.

As for Kane, he could insert himself into the Money in the Bank Ladder match, maybe wreak some havoc there (assuming there's gonna be a MitB, I read somewhere there is). Either that, or he could be used to further the Triple H vs. Undertaker feud, especially if Shawn Michaels gets involved too.

I actually welcome the idea of Ryder VS Kane at Wrestlemania, because Ryder's character could really use the redemption, and a win over Kane at Wrestlemania would be a nice start.

Ryder became one of the hottest stars on WWE's roster in 2011, but he's really lost a lot of momentum lately. He dropped the US Championship to Jack Swagger, and WWE has seemingly gone out of their way to make Ryder look like a wimp. He's become Kane's personal whipping boy. Kane has gone out of his way to torment and punish him, so Ryder has more than enough reasons for revenge. Hopefully, at some point, Ryder will bring some intensity and rage to his character. Toning down the happy-go-lucky goofball Broski side of his personality wouldn't hurt. After all, Kane has beat the shit out of him week after week, and he has intimidated Eve, so showing some real anger would help a lot. Ryder has gained his fair share of supporters, and the fans have warmed up to him, so I hope WWE won't completely pull the plug on him anytime soon.

Ryder VS Kane has the potential of becoming a solid match, there would be a nice story behind it, and this one has a real chance of making the card for Wrestlemania 28.

Kane didn't just beat Ryder in their last match, he destroyed him with Ryder getting virtually no offense in, I just don't see that turning into a Mania match. If Zack is at Mania it will be in the MITB match IMO.

As for Kane, he'll be coming off a feud with the companies top star, a feud I think will end with Cena gaining a moral victory more so than a triumphant one, keeping Kane strong in the process.

This makes me wonder who exactly Kane will face to keep up the momentum. One option would be Orton if he's not added to the WHC match, another would be the Big Show if the Shaq match doesn't happen.

Just to throw an outside the box option into the mix....Kane vs Punk?

i think Kanes involvement at Mania is going to be an interference between the Rock and Cena, as much as we want a clean finish wheather its a heel or face Cena, or a home town vistory for the ROCK. wwe will tease the idea of a cena heel turn right up into the match,kanes interference for CENA to embrace the hate may be the ending of this match,what we could be faced with is another HOGAN V SID WRESTLEMANIA 8 ending. only difference in this one, rock to win by DQ, and we withness the rock and cena whooping kanes candy ass.

Hey I'd be all for this matchup, based on the current storyline it makes sense and I believe it's something people would want to see. Ryder fans would want him to get some redemption and Kane fans/Ryder haters would want to see Kane squish Ryder. I think that Ryder should get the win but it can't be clean, I know we want Zach to move up and be taken seriously, and I'm all for that but let in come in due time, if you rushed that and had Ryder win it clean all that would do is make Kane look like a joke. Done right this could be a great match with an even better build up, I say yay.

The feud between John Cena and Kane will likely continue until Elimination Chamber. It will then be dropped because of Wrestlemania's main event. That leaves both Kane and Zack Ryder nothing to do for Wrestlemania. With that said, I wouldn't necessarily mind a Ryder/Kane feud although it's not exactly appealing to me as a Wrestlemania match-up. Ryder has been playing second fiddle to Cena in this feud with Kane. Personally, Ryder's role here isn't that big; nearly irrelevant if you will. I really cannot see Kane dropping the whole embrace the hate moniker against Cena to focus on Ryder. However, I don't believe the WWE can pass up a chance to get Zack Ryder on a Wrestlemania card and Kane seems to be the perfect fit right now. While regaining The United States Championship might sound a good goal for Ryder right now, Ryder should be focused on getting revenge on Kane at Wrestlemania; that is if he can actually beat Kane this time.

Kane will be involved in the rock v cena, if wwe feel ryder can be a draw for the ppv buy rates, then i expect him to make the card otherwise he will stay out of action or be involved in the pre mania battle royal, which u expect ryder to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back