• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ryback is the *NEW* Intercontinental Champion

seems like its gonna be miz v show v ryback. This does not help ryback in anyway whatsoever. Ryback needed a solid feud right out of the gate, and neither the miz nor the big show can do that for the big guy. That will be the bathroom break match of MiTB imo. Give Ryback Sheamus, or the one that seemed obvious, Bray Wyatt. Granted wyatts character doesnt necessarily need a title, Him v Ryback with the IC title involved could have been intriguing, and it would have given Ryback a credible first challenge during his reign

seems like its gonna be miz v show v ryback. This does not help ryback in anyway whatsoever. Ryback needed a solid feud right out of the gate, and neither the miz nor the big show can do that for the big guy. That will be the bathroom break match of MiTB imo. Give Ryback Sheamus, or the one that seemed obvious, Bray Wyatt. Granted wyatts character doesnt necessarily need a title, Him v Ryback with the IC title involved could have been intriguing, and it would have given Ryback a credible first challenge during his reign

Ryback feuding with two former WrestleMania headliners over the Intercontinental Championship won't help him? I guess it would be better to see him feud with a nobody from NXT?

It's not that the miz doesn't have stock. He does. I am a fan of the miz because he works his gimmick so well. However do you really see the miz beating the muscle head ryback? Cause I don't. Now to the elephant in the room the big show. The man just isn't in it anymore. Did anyone really notice he was gone? If so, did anyone care? I believe that (no pun intended) reigns said it best, its time for show to retire. It's time for him to take his ball and go home, and take Henry and Kane with him. The roster is filling up with amazing talent from NXT. We aren't really in the rut we were before NXT where we had inexperienced wrestlers showing up to the big leagues and not knowing what to do, we don't need these guys that really can't go anymore around. Ryback had a chance to be a decent IC champ and I think WWE shit on him with this next title defense

It's not that the miz doesn't have stock. He does. I am a fan of the miz because he works his gimmick so well. However do you really see the miz beating the muscle head ryback? Cause I don't. Now to the elephant in the room the big show. The man just isn't in it anymore. Did anyone really notice he was gone? If so, did anyone care? I believe that (no pun intended) reigns said it best, its time for show to retire. It's time for him to take his ball and go home, and take Henry and Kane with him. The roster is filling up with amazing talent from NXT. We aren't really in the rut we were before NXT where we had inexperienced wrestlers showing up to the big leagues and not knowing what to do, we don't need these guys that really can't go anymore around. Ryback had a chance to be a decent IC champ and I think WWE shit on him with this next title defense

I could easily see The Miz beating Ryback. It's not more absurd than Shawn Michaels beating Vader. The superior wrestler can beat the powerhouse every time. It actually makes MORE sense for the superior wrestler to win. And as long as The Big Show can still compete at the required level (which he can, despite NXT fanboys crying otherwise) there's no reason for him to retire. He's a huge name in the business and has contributed so much more than he gets credit for. He has a good 3 or 4 years left, and I'm planning to enjoy The Big Show while he's still around.

Big Show can still perform at a somewhat decent level. Thats not the problem. The problem is the fact that wwe has constantly switched Show's character (heel to face to heel like every other month) that nobody really cares about him anymore.

If wwe had kept him in a monster type role, then him coming out to challenge The Ryback wouldve been intriguing.....

If Ryback loses at MiTB.....just wow smh

If wwe had kept him in a monster type role, then him coming out to challenge The Ryback wouldve been intriguing....

I admit to mixed feelings on that thought. I believe the reason they've kept changing his character is that he is versatile enough to keep bringing it off. Many performers couldn't do it as effectively as he.

Yes, one aspect of changing frequently is that most wrestlers would lose their momentum and have to start up anew each time. For some reason, Big Show doesn't have that problem. He can shift on a dime.

During his time off, I wondered a couple times who we'd be seeing when he got back: the happy giant or the angry giant. Honestly, as he was stomping down the aisle to confront Ryback, I was still wondering. For all we knew, he was going to make nice once he hit the ring since a face was standing there waiting for him.

Sure, Show is unique in pro wrestling for his size alone, but I think he's added a dimension and kept his relevance with his alterations in character.

Haven't really commented on this yet as I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about it. When you consider how hot Ryback started out a few years back, the Intercontinental Championship might seem like a big step down. However, when you factor in all the various reports of complaints from multiple wrestlers regarding Ryback's recklessness, his stubbornness regarding hyping upcoming WWE cards to local media, crapping all over fans at autograph sessions and the heat all this brought down upon him, it's a wonder he wasn't fired.

I've no idea if Ryback will be counted among the all time great IC champs in the eyes of a lot of people, though it's doubtful as he has some things working against him. His biggest obstacle is Vince McMahon's sometimes irrational and inconsistent booking decisions that dogged Wade Barrett's time as champion; another big one is the fact that this isn't 1990 and there are so many fans who'll nitpick and/or heavily exaggerate every little misfire that takes place over the course of his run, which they'll use to condemn everything from his entire run to the decision to give him the title in the first place.

Ryback has been in WWE for more years without a title till the Elimination Chamber. He desperately needed this title and he got one. Many had touted that it's gonna be Sheamus who's gonna win the title. So it was quite a surprise WWE listened to the Fan's reaction to Ryback over the last couple or months.

The match was itself not so great but the crowd really got behind Ryback when he paid homage to Daniel Bryan!

Feed him more!!

Better late than never, I was surprised he won the IC title. He should have been the guy to beat Rusev for the US title, but they put him aside for Cena.

Great to see Ryback is being rewarded for his hardwork, getting himself better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back