• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RVD Back to WWE

sabataged

Pre-Show Stalwart
In the article on the main website http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/245289-tna-star-seeking-a-wwe-return-wwe-takes-over-nyc

There is a report that RVD is interested in returning to WWE. How does everyone feel about this? I have never been an RVD fan so I see it as a waste. Unless the price is right for WWE to bring him in and use his name value to get over guys like Ziggler, Morrison, Truth, Miz and others I don't see the point. I think he would make a good Smackdown #2 or #3 face but thats about it.

I would actually welcome an RVD return. Van Dam still has some gas left in the tank, he can still go in the ring, so I'm sure he could deliver some good and solid matches. RVD is one of the more popular ECW veteran wrestlers, and Van Dam is a recognizable name, so he should receive some nice pops from the live crowds. RVD could make an impact on Smackdown, and he could become a reliable chaser for the World Heavyweight Championship. Injuries or other problems (not enough main event ready guys, wrestlers tend to go in a different direction sometimes, releases, etc.) could always cause some problems in the world title scene, and RVD could become a reliable challenger for the belt. I don't think RVD would become a regular in the world title scene, because his days as a full time main eventer are probably behind him, but RVD could be very useful in the mid card on either brand. He could help put over the younger talent, and he could be used as a world title chaser every now and then.

So yeah, I would welcome an RVD return to WWE, and I actually hope it happens one day.

Can he pass the Wellness Policy to get in the door? Doubtful. His favorite thing is smoking pot.

Where would RVD fit into the PG Era WWE? He was entertaining during his last run, and unlike certain returning stars RVD would actually be active and wrestle more than a few events.

He could return like Nash did last year during the rumble and springboard into a feud with a younger guy leading into WM28. Say a Zach Ryder, only reason I say Ryder is because Ryder beat Dreamer and "retired" him from the WWE.

What ROB wants may not be what he get's. Vince McMahon has to want him back, and I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon if ever.

ROB's style wrestling really doesn't fit anywhere in WWE anymore. There is a reason he went to TNA and not WWE. He had hinted repeatedly that he wanted back in WWE but never got the call.

If he think's just because they have hired back KEVIN NASH, and possibly XPAC, and ROAD DOG, it's because they are all best friends with HHH. Last I heard HHH and ROB VAN DAMME aren't anything. ROB can want all he want's but in the end I don't hink you'll see him in WWE anytime soon.

I don't think he should come back because they really didn't use him effectively and WWE doesn't need another come back it would be great if he came back but the WWE wont use him that much

I would love to see RVD return to WWE. As a previous poster said, I think he can be used to put over younger talent and we could very well see some great feuds/matches in the long run. Do I think it will happens? Unfortunately not. I'm sure WWE are very well aware of his love for pot and how vocal he can be.

I would love to see RVD back in the WWE. Say whatever you want about him I've always been a fan of Van Dam. Obviously, he can still go in the ring and put on a great show. So going back to the WWE while still having some matches left in him would be the smartest thing for him to do right now. We all know how Vince doesn't like it when a top star of his company jump ships and unless RVD actually does return to the WWE, we might never get to see him in the Hall of Fame.

I can see RVD having a couple of years left in him moving back and forth from the main event scene to putting guys like Rhodes, Barrett, Ziggler, and Brodus Clay over by giving them high quality matches and making them look good.

And as for one more world title reign hell why not, I'm definitely ok with it. Like I said I've always been a fan of RVD, and I would love to see him back in the WWE sometime soon.

As a TNA fan, I hope he leaves the company. His matches are getting increasingly worse, and it seems like he really doesn't care about working for the company anymore. Basically, he is taking time that could be given to someone better. I really don't know why WWE would want him back though. I don't see that he has a whole lot to offer. But I wouldn't blame him if he did go back to WWE. He would get better money & a bigger stage to perform on. So yes Rob, please leave TNA.

I would always be cool with a Rob Van Dam return, when he came into the Royal Rumble in 2009 I about shit my pants I was so shocked and excited. At the same time though I do feel that Impact is the better fit for him at this stage in his career, in my own weird way of seeing things I think of Impact as closer to what ECW used to be and therefore it seems like a better place for RDV. Also he's one of the top guys on Impact and they have a better place for legends of the sport and they keep them relevant, while I feel like WWE wouldn't have him as a main event mainstay and they would probably have him compete every few weeks or months. I think unless he lands a sweet deal with WWE and he gets the respect and placement that he deserves, he should continue to call Impact home.

If only he could just get his WWE theme back and stay on Impact, that would be nice. :p

I doubt RVD will return to WWE not that he can't go or WWE won't take him but since he and Sabu got suspended and I doubt RVD will get a decent run in WWE since Vince will not trust him as a WWE champion

I wouldn't necessarily mind an RVD return; in fact i'd welcome it. Although I have always believed RVD was an overrated piece of trash, he did come with his fair share of solid matches. Van Dam would be a fine addition to today's roster. If anything, it would be nice seeing him return to help build up the midcard division eventually putting over some talent that could use the rub. If a return for Rob Van Dam happens, I would surely be fine with it. Although he's a definite midcarder, RVD can make a fine challenger for a dominant champion to run through on occasion. The pros outweigh the cons no doubt, so I'm all for this so called return.
I doubt RVD will return to WWE not that he can't go or WWE won't take him but since he and Sabu got suspended and I doubt RVD will get a decent run in WWE since Vince will not trust him as a WWE champion
I can see that, but since when do you have to be a WWE or World Champion to be called a sucess in the WWE? I'd call Ted DiBiase Sr. a sucess, or Roddy Piper a success and they never became Champions.

I suppose this gives up several questions would I personally like to see RVD back in the wwe - yesa why not could he go back yes why not would he go back well may be and the real question what would you do with him well if he came back he would have to be in the wwe/whc title hunt - it would not suit him just putting guys over who would i like to see him against Cena, Orton, CM Punk, christian & Rey may be even Morrison - see him more of a Smackdown guy

People keep bringing up the weed thing... you guys need to do some research.

Medical Marijuana is in full-effect in 16 states of the U.S. and Rob Van Dam is an actual patient (met & smoked with him at The Hash Bar in Venice Beach last year). No person can be denied employment -- even in places that drug test -- if they have their recommendation from a doctor. The same applies to prescription painkillers; wrestlers that use them legally are not held under the standards of the Wellness Policy, as opposed to stars that obtain them unprescribed.

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/abuse_policy.jsp

For purposes of this Policy, the phrase "non-medical use" shall mean use of a drug by a WWE Talent for other than a legitimate medical purpose given pursuant to a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician. By way of example and not limitation, the phrase "non-medical use" shall, for the purposes of this Policy, include: (A) prescriptions obtained over the internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the internet; and/or (B) prescriptions for drugs prohibited by this Policy that are more than 60 days old or prescribed more than 60 days prior to the time a WWE Talent is tested under this Policy; and/or (C) prescriptions for the use of the muscle relaxers known under the generic names carisoprodol (Trade name Soma® and others) and/or meprobamate (Trade name Miltown® and others) regardless of the prescription date and/or (D) prescriptions for the use of synthetic cannabinoids, most commonly referred to as "Spice" or "K2", regardless of a prescription date.

Even then, a positive drug test for marijuana without a recommendation in the WWE leads only to a fine:

B. FOR POSITIVE MARIJUANA DRUG TESTS

In the event of any positive test for marijuana, the WWE Talent shall be fined Two Thousand Five Hundred US Dollars ($2,500.00) per positive test, which shall be deducted from the WWE Talent's downside guarantee.

So Van Dam's legal pot smoking isn't an issue.

RVD is one of the better performers out there...when he's motivated. The problem is that when he's off or uninterested, he's absolutely awful. His recent work in TNA (minus BFG vs Jerry Lynn) is showing that bit. He just doesn't seem interested in the matches, storylines, etc. If he came back to WWE as the motivated RVD, he'd be a hell of an acquisition and could be awesome to help put over the newer talent (Cody Rhodes feud anyone?) and give us some exciting matches.

As long as the marijuana use is a non-issue I see no reason not to have him back. Growing up watching the WWE in the '80s and '90s it was very common to see wrestlers jump over from other companies after years away, and it made it fun and interesting.

Lately though (minus the very recent influx of guys like Nash, Hart, Foley, Booker, etc.) it has seemed that WWE doesn't want to bring back a lot of vets, for the most part I understand why, and I even get the youth initiative, but RVD is in great shape, still very capable, and definitely deserving a roster spot. I don't think he is a good influence necessarily on the younger talent, but his in-ring work definitely could teach the younger guys quite a bit.

Man if Rob Van Dam does come back to the WWE. I am dying to see Rob Van Dam vs CM Punk! The greatest match-up to not happen yet. I would really love to see them get down!

WWE had the chance to give us RVD vs CM Punk on WWECW, but it never happened?

Rob Van Dam would be a solid hand to have around, I'd be all for a return. That being said, he wouldn't be featured as a top guy, if anything, put him in that Jericho-esque upper midcard niche and have him do what he's best at -- entertaining the fans and wrestling good matches. Most of the time, Van Dam is going to give you a solid outing, so there's no way he wouldn't be able to carry his load. In fact, he could be instrumental in the development of guys like Cody Rhodes, Sin Cara, Ted DiBiase Jr. and so forth. Toss them in the ring with Van Dam, he'll make them look good regardless, but when we're looking at Rhodes specifically, he'd be a solid feud to hold him over until the main event is ready for him -- accomplishing much the same thing that the rumored Booker T feud could do.

Also, I'm not worried about the drug issues. He was fine with marijuana before and he'll be fine now. He's not going to be fighting for the WWE Championship, there's no reason Vince McMahon wouldn't be able to trust him in a limited/midcard role. Hell, he trusts Kevin Nash enough even though he's barely walking, why not take a chance with Van Dam? He won't go to the ring impaired, nor does he have a long history of hurting talent. He's over with the fans and is a great commodity, I'm sure he'll be able to work something out.

RVD? Hmmm... interesting. He can't talk to save his life, true, but otherwise he's a good mid-carder, very over as babyface during his time in the WWE (and still very over to boot undoubtedly), and is well-known and relevant enough to be cannon fodder for up-and-comers like Cody Rhodes.

Oh, yes, Cody Rhodes. Sign him back, dang it - I want to see that happen.

Of course, it also has to be considered whether WWE would want him back, especially at this late stage in his career. My feeling is that Vince would take him only if it was felt he was a good draw for TNA; someone it would damage TNA to lose.

The problem is, for a guy who always depended on that flexible body to perform the aerial maneuvers that made him famous, he seems to have let himself go, especially around the waistline. I see him waddling around the ring now and often looking worn out, which isn't surprising given the demands of his ring repertoire.

Still, if he's smart enough to come back for the paycheck and not be looking to wear the world title (except possibly as a transition champion), he's still got enough of a name to make a decent final run.

Personally, I think he was short-sighted to take those years off while his body was still spry enough to perform like the old RVD. He'll have plenty of time to ease into old age; better to make the big bucks while he's still able.

Rob Van Dam would be a solid hand to have around, I'd be all for a return. That being said, he wouldn't be featured as a top guy, if anything, put him in that Jericho-esque upper midcard niche and have him do what he's best at -- entertaining the fans and wrestling good matches.

I agree- To me, that's the best role for him at this point. I don't see how people can see RVD returning not being a successful one if he's not World Champion. He won the World Title in TNA sure. But it's been over a year since he won said title, and he's been as far away from it as can be for some time now.

Van Dam, when motivated. can still wrestle a solid match. Look back to his match with Jerry Lynn at BFG, for example. RVD looked very motivated in what was possibly his last match against his greatest rival. RVD hasn't been in many cohesive storylines as of late, so it would be hard to be motivated at times, Id imagine. Id welcome him back if he were to return to WWE, because he's a guy they'd have a clear direction for, if how they used him before is any indication. I can't imagine him as a main eventer, but other then for one PPV, when was he ever? He'd be a solid hand in the main event scene, one they'd be able to use to legitimize a mid-card title, and to get over younger heel wrestlers as well.

If, as others have suggested, Van Dam is able to legally use marijuana, then
I don't see the problem here. It was never an issue before his arrest in 2006, and he was only suspended due to the arrest with a controlled substance, not for recreational marijuana use. So if he's good there and he's motivated, I don't see why bringing Van Dam in would create a problem. He's not going to hold younger wrestlers down, as he'ld be good for mid-card feuds. So if he wanted to return, I'd be all for having him. I always enjoyed Van Dam and found him to be an excellent talent, and still do to this day. Has he lost a step? Sure. But if he could come back on his terms, he'ld be very good for the company.

RVD has always been painfully average, and I'd prefer that he didn't take any other midcarder's spot. Even Kofi is better than RVD, and Kofi is Botcheriffic to the extreme.

None of what any of you said matters BECAUSE VKM is not fond of RVD. You can't bring him in as a heel because he can't be made one. The Allliance was the most heelacious thing since Sgt. Slaughter during the gulf war and RVD still got cheers... he has more agility and drive then Nash. Even if he didn't draw in TNA he still can on a WWE Forum. RVD's last line of defense was the fans and with a new batch of kids not knowing him his leverage is diluted. He's not gonna get his spot back for that reason alone...

I really wouldn't mind seeing RVD return, the only issue that is standing in his way is Rob himself. Didn't he leave because he was caught smoking pot and they wanted him to quit. Rob would have to make a serious change and consider giving up pot and other extra curricular drugs if he wants to be considered by Vince. It is wishful thinking on my part, but I would like to see him return only if he can stop violating the wellness policy long enough to get his foot in the door.

RVD would be good for the Intercontinental title scene, it needs importance again just like US title. I'm not sure why when former stars come back people think they need to be a main event fixture.

Damn people coming down hard on Van Dam. Firstly I'd love to see him back. People saying he can't draw outta log off and slap themselves. On TNA who can draw, if they don't ever go on the road and writers are whatever. In WWE he'll definately get butts I'm seats. Not like a Cena, or Orton, but he'll be fresh. He can bring midcarders to the next level without sacrificing Orton who's working to get everyone over (Henry, Cody, now Wade). He also can still mainevent IMO. Vince isn't fond on him? Vince mind changes so damnuch he doesn't know what he likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back