• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumor: Parent's Have Complained About The NxtWO Invasion

Y-2-Jay

Pre-Show Stalwart
For now take it with a grain of salt. But IMO i do belive it is true as parents seem to complain alot these days. I hope (if true) that this doesnt cause this awesome storyline to be watered down or even stopped :(. I will try to find out the reliability of this story but as i said its just a rumor dont shoot the messenger. Discuss.

Then the parents need to get over it and change the channel. I'm sick and tired of parents complaining about how horrible TV is today. Don't like what's on TV? Don't want your child seeing it? Take them to the library and let them read books then. Far more educational more than likely and completely free. There. Problem solved.

Then the parents need to get over it and change the channel. I'm sick and tired of parents complaining about how horrible TV is today. Don't like what's on TV? Don't want your child seeing it? Take them to the library and let them read books then. Far more educational more than likely and completely free. There. Problem solved.

Relax. This will drive ratings up. Remember Tipper Gore and the PMRC? Parents complaining is a good thing for ratings in the long run.

Relax. This will drive ratings up. Remember Tipper Gore and the PMRC? Parents complaining is a good thing for ratings in the long run.

Except when your target audience is kids.

Whatever, without concrete proof of a link, this thread is bogus anyway.

If this is true, than it's ridiculous. WWE has done a lot more edgy stuff than what happened the other night on Raw. Some of the stuff that happened with Sable, DX(attitude era and 2006), or a lot of the segments/promos involving Vince were a lot worse than the beat down on Cena.

Well I was eight years old watching the Attitude Era in full effect and turned out just fine.I think the responsibility lies with the parents,if they don't want their kids watching wrestling then have their rudy poo candy asses in bed or reading a book.

I went to this Raw, and yeah, there were a lot of kids in the audience who seemed very upset over this angle, and some of them were even crying. But all of those kids probably thought the whole thing was real. They don't know pro wrestling is scripted yet, and having to watch their superhero get the shit beat out of him made things worse.

Ridiculous. Can't take it seriously yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. It wouldn't surprise me if Vince toned down the subsequent programming either. Not necessarily a U (or whatever the US equivalent is) but nothing as 'edgy' as nXTWo. Also, kids are idiots. Just sayin'.

Aren't Dark Main Events played on the card in order to send the crowd home happy? NXTWO vs John Cena/Evan Bourne with Cena winning would've fixed the whole thing. I guess booking is bad all the way to the untelevised portions of the show.

Really, parents? Really? (Thank you, Miz)

I tell you what... if you can't see the hypocrisy in parents who allow children to watch a show centered around physical competition in which striking and pounding your opponent into a submission or pinfall complaining that the show is too violent, I can't help you.

Talk about a seriously misguided sense of morality.

Take your moral compass and shove it up your ass, parents. Like KB said – don't like it? Take them to the fucking library.

Problem is there were no dark main event that night cause of NXTWO.

I hope Vince tells the parents to fuck off and continues the storyline / angle although.

Problem is there were no dark main event that night cause of NXTWO.

I hope Vince tells the parents to fuck off and continues the storyline / angle although.

A Street Fight? A Brawl? John Cena jumps off the gurney grabs the mic and says "God Bless America"? Anything could've been done here. The cameras were off.

I don't think there was dark match main event. I stuck around for about ten minutes after the show was over, and there was no indication of another wrestling match.

A Street Fight? A Brawl? John Cena jumps off the gurney grabs the mic and says "God Bless America"? Anything could've been done here. The cameras were off.

Sure anything could've been done, but there was no dark main event that night, that's all, a little late to change that now.

I still don't think a dark match would've changed anything if it did happen. The kids would've still been upset. Cena is their hero, and he was destroyed right in front of their eyes.

My dad would have laughed at me for getting upset over a wrestling angle. Heck, he probably did. And rightfully so, given the nature of the product. It's a combat sport based on headed rivalries being solved (and often started) through violence. If children weren't crying when Punk was jumping Jeff Hardy last summer, why cry now? And so on.

Also, and this is the one thing I'll ever thank the "Melty Man" for, if adults make up a strong majority of Raw's audience, such complaints should be taken with a grain of salt.

This angle/storyline will continue, its just that young kids are idiots, why target them when they don't know how to watch WWE television or act. And ihear people yell "NXT NXT NXT" and cheer what went on, im sure Vince will listen to those people.

Aparently there are some people who are genuinly upset about this, Im really confused as ive been looking on the net to see if people are complaining and why.

All the signs point to the fact that the kids hero cena got beat up by a bunch of Rookies, and parents didnt like that very much, IMO i think that this will bring more viewers into the fold then it will lose.

It also has some people attempting to cause a boycott of WWE programming, I know a bunch of horse thesis, but in the end i see nothing but good coming out of this storyline and people really need to lighten up.

TNA has done worse and i dont see anyone complaining.

Aparently there are some people who are genuinly upset about this, Im really confused as ive been looking on the net to see if people are complaining and why.

All the signs point to the fact that the kids hero cena got beat up by a bunch of Rookies, and parents didnt like that very much, IMO i think that this will bring more viewers into the fold then it will lose.

It also has some people attempting to cause a boycott of WWE programming, I know a bunch of horse thesis, but in the end i see nothing but good coming out of this storyline and people really need to lighten up.

TNA has done worse and i dont see anyone complaining.

Geez, seriously parents of young kids and the kids themselves are idiots, and i can only see this brining a greater product whilst still remaining PG but with some edgy material.

Also im a John Cena mark but im 20, of course im not going to cry and get hurt like a little kid over my favourite wrestler get his ass handed to him. I saw it as a way of John Cena helping the NXT Season 1 rookies, and their NxTWO faction get established.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back