Royal Rumble 2019: Smackdown Tag Team Championship - The Bar vs Shane Mcmahon & The Miz

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
So this came out of nowhere last night. I see this kinda play into the storyline between the miz and shane so i'm guessing that they need to win the title at the rumble to advance the story, which is a same as i feel like The bar is one of the best team in WWE right now and it's a shame if they would drop the belt only to be a prop to advance a storyline between shane and the miz.

I have a feeling that this is all ultimately leading up to a match between Miz and Shane at WrestleMania. I have no real interest in that nor do I have any real interest in this match. There are several other good teams waiting in the wings on SmackDown Live that they're not doing squat with but instead of using one of them to freshen up the tag team title picture, they decide to go this route because Vince somehow feels that Shane is a much bigger star than he actually is.

It's just a shame that Miz and Shane aren't on Raw because this is whole thing might actually be a breath of fresh air as the Raw tag team picture just flat out sucks, I mean it hasn't been remotely this weak in a good many years. There are just too many tag teams on SmackDown that have loads of talent, they're just not being used.

All in all, I like Shane McMahon but I'm over the novelty of seeing him in wrestling matches. He's a near 50 year old executive who even during his prime was only an occasional novelty wrestler and there's so much talent on the WWE roster that it's a shame that so many of them who, frankly, are just flat out better and more worthy of getting a prime spot are overlooked. Unless he's doing the Van Daminator or jumping off of something to put someone else through a table, Shane's not really got anything. Among the many problems WWE has contended with, most of which could be fixed with a few tweaks here and there, Vince is going back to a booking method of underutilizing or, in some cases, making a lot of guys look bad just for the sake of building up one person who, in this case, happens to be his son.

Unfortunately, I see the Bar dropping the titles to further a storyline that'll ultimately lead to some sort of novelty mid-card match between Shane and Miz at Mania. I'd very much love to be wrong when it comes to Miz and Shane winning the titles because it's not at all needed, the titles would be little more than window dressing for this program as any number of scenarios can be worked out where Miz and Shane fall apart without dragging the tag titles and the entire tag team scene down.

However, it's been roughly 18.5 years since Vince's son held a championship and Vince probably feels it's long past time. So yeah, hope for the best but expect and/or prepare for the worst when it comes to a Shane McMahon storyline because it's probably gonna eat up a ton of TV between now and WrestleMania.

Agree with your sentiment totally, however, while I'm not a fan of Shane or this scenario as a whole, fans seem to be into Shane still so I get why Vince is still using him as a wrestler. Also, let face it, what team is left to face the bar, they where barely able to find five team to fit a team at survivor series and do we really want to see sanity or the colons in a tag title match on one of the big 4 Ppv. They could have used gallows and Anderson but I don't know what They're contract status is so this might be just a question of if they are still under contract after the rumble.

So while I'm not a fan of the miz/Shane storyline, I'm guessing that at less it's different from using the same 2 teams in titles matches. I hate that this might be the end of the bar's title reigns but I guess that's the best way to advance a storyline is to give them the title.

It makes sense for Shane and Miz to get the titles here to help progress they’re storyline. They need to build them up as team before one of them turns on the other setting up a feud. It gives the Bar some fresh opponents and good exposure working with top stars like Shane and Miz. I see no harm with Shane and Miz getting a transitional run with the titles and dropping them before Mania. The reality is they haven’t built up any tag teams besides New Day and The Usos which The Bar has faced countless times.

Seems like one of them is going to turn on each other leading to a mania program but can't really tell who. Miz would make sense. They never really addressed what happened at Survivor Series with the Smackdown team and just kind of buried it. Otherwise they might be going full force with this team and the come up short but somehow win the tag titles at Mania.

I think they would win the belts allowing for a double turn to occur later during the road to WM 35.
Miz needs to be a babyface, and they need to hold the belts.
This can also lead to The Bar starting a program with SaNity or Heavy Machinery, as I think this are the best possible fresh feuds the SD tag division has to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back