Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Three...

HCPeELw.png

Stage: City Training Ground

Predator and Geralt of Rivia both excel at tracking and hunting their victim. Predator hunts humans, Geralt hunts monsters, how could this fight be any more perfect? What if it took place in a massive but empty city specifically designed for superheros to have giant destructive fights? Will Geralt's magic and swordsmanship be the winning combination, or will Predator's technology and brute strength carry him to victory?

FIGHT!

Okay here goes. I have no idea who this Gerald the Witcher is, but I have watched the Predator movies.

I pick Predator. He can turn himself invisible, has a weird weapon laser blaster thingy on his shoulder. He can change his vision to do something to be able to see what's moving in front of him in any light. The Predator also has the ability to heal himself if hurt. And worst case scenario if trapped can unleash an explosion equal to that of an atomic bomb.

The other guy won't even know what side Predator is coming from.

Geralt has killed things a lot more vicious and powerful than a Predator. Geralt has the weaponry, skill, and abilities to render the Predator an easy bounty.

Vote Geralt.

Okay here goes. I have no idea who this Gerald the Witcher is, but I have watched the Predator movies.

I pick Predator. He can turn himself invisible, has a weird weapon laser blaster thingy on his shoulder. He can change his vision to do something to be able to see what's moving in front of him in any light. The Predator also has the ability to heal himself if hurt. And worst case scenario if trapped can unleash an explosion equal to that of an atomic bomb.

The other guy won't even know what side Predator is coming from.

If you want to learn about the competitors, we've written short, easy to read bios giving brief backstories and a list of their powers/abilities. Geralt of Rivia has a nice addendum from NorCal with much more information than the short intro provides.

Now here's why you're wrong:

Geralt of Rivia has faced monsters very similar to the Predator before. Sure, they didn't have plasma blasters mounted to their shoulders, but they could turn invisible, excel at hand to hand combat, and stop at nothing to defeat their prey.

And yet, Geralt has slain them all.

Slaying crazy strong monsters is what Geralt does, and Predator probably wouldn't even crack the top five list of crazy strong monsters that Geralt has killed. He has enhanced senses that allow him to track monsters that would evade detection by normal humans, he has enhanced reflexes that allow him to avoid attacks normal humans could not, and he has enhanced strength that allows him to penetrate through armor that normal humans would not be able to penetrate. He has magical spells that he uses to give himself a sturdy overshield, trap the enemy in place, confuse the enemy, throw the enemy off their feet, or light the enemy on fire. And he has tons of potions that give him buffs or heal him, and multiple bombs that he can use to freeze, blind, or flat out blow up his opponent.

Each of these competitors is equipped with an impressive collection of gadgets, but when it comes down to it this is about a hand to hand fight between two gifted combatants, and Geralt's Witcher mutations along with his experience and proficiency at swordplay are what give him the edge over Predator.

Vote Geralt.

Geralt of Rivia has faced monsters very similar to the Predator before. Sure, they didn't have plasma blasters mounted to their shoulders, but they could turn invisible, excel at hand to hand combat, and stop at nothing to defeat their prey.

"Sure, they didn't have plasma blasters mounted to their shoulders" is a pretty fuckin' massive "sure".

I'm, regretfully, leaning towards the Predator. Maybe if the Witcher had had a better control scheme.

Okay well that pretty much decides that I'm not really eligible to vote in this tournament. I haven't heard of half of these guys as I don't follow comics or super hero movies. Only know a few of them, so I my reasoning for voting for whomever will look dumb.

"Sure, they didn't have plasma blasters mounted to their shoulders" is a pretty fuckin' massive "sure".

I'm, regretfully, leaning towards the Predator. Maybe if the Witcher had had a better control scheme.

The reason I downplayed it is because Predators, at least in my experience, don't typically use that as a killing device. Typically they use it more as a skirmishing weapon before they go in for the kill with hand to hand combat.

Okay well that pretty much decides that I'm not really eligible to vote in this tournament. I haven't heard of half of these guys as I don't follow comics or super hero movies. Only know a few of them, so I my reasoning for voting for whomever will look dumb.

You're entitled to vote for whomever you want based on any criteria. But as one of the more knowledgeable Witcher posters in this tournament, I felt it my duty to educate the crowd on why Geralt was uniquely qualified to bring down Predator.

I'm not about to call an easy victory for Geralt, because I don't think it will be an easy one for him. He knows everything about all the beasts in his fantasy world alone. Predator is unknown to him, he's also a laser shooting Alien capable of camouflage technology that Geralt would be unaware of.

I pick Geralt in a long, hard fought battle against a very tough alien opponent. This is by far my favorite match in the tournament, what a great match!

Predator is unknown to him, he's also a laser shooting Alien capable of camouflage technology that Geralt would be unaware of.

I don't consider this aspect to be much of a disadvantage to Geralt.

For most competitors, dealing with an unknown opponent of Predator's caliber would be pretty damn freaky. Geralt is used to figuring things out on the fly, while staying as calm as a Buddhist Priest.

Predator defeats opponents who get momentarily careless, but he loses to those with the patience to stop and consider what they're fighting.

With Geralt there's no panic, or terror or frustration. The Predator's only weakness is when he deals with an opponent who doesn't suffer from an intimidation factor, and -- in my experience playing the Witcher series -- Geralt has faced opponents a hell of a lot freakier than a nearly invisible alien without showing a hint of intimidation.

Predator likes to play with his prey, he wouldn't try to just kill Geralt instantly. I see Predator not taking Geralt as a serious opponent, which will be his downfall.

Geralt would easily pick up on the light distortion of Predator's cloaking device, and wisely act as if he's oblivious to the Predator's presence. Predator strikes, and is blown back by a high powered Quen (defense) spell leaving him prone. Geralt wouldn't waste time and kill Predator instantly, in that he wouldn't want to risk being unable to deal with any other unknown abilities of Predator.

Vote Geralt.

The reason I downplayed it is because Predators, at least in my experience, don't typically use that as a killing device. Typically they use it more as a skirmishing weapon before they go in for the kill with hand to hand cr.

Well that, and we have already covered how Geralt can protect himself from such attacks with his shield magic. It has rendered much more powerful energy blasts useless, and would do the same here.

Everything about Predator culture would say he wouldn't even use it anyways. The Predator would want to face off with the greatest hunter of all time hand to hand, and he wouldn't stand a chance.

Killing beings like the Predator is what Geralt has thrived on for hundreds of years. A normal man was able to beat the Predator with rudimentary traps....

Geralt is far beyond normal, and brings ten times more to the table than rudimentary traps....things like genius level traps, superhuman speed, strength, endurance and reflexes

He has been killing beings bigger, badder, and scarier than the Predator for hundreds of years. This is a walk.

Navi, go check out Geralts bio in the bio section. I posted awesome videos. Geralt is basically an X-Men with Batmans detective skills in a medieval fantasy setting lol

Geralt would slay this beast. At very least wound it enough to hit self destruct & when Geralt sees him tapping away, he would have enough time to use something to block/shield the impending attack. Hell he may even cut that arm off in battle before the bomb is even used.

Not big or bad enough to get by, is the point. Geralt has killed worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back