Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round Two...

U7YZ1C6.png

Stage: Wall Maria

The last of humanity is gathered within a walled city. On the outside, giants roam. On the inside, onlookers watch in horror as a superpowered hunter and the World's Greatest Detective clash. Batman took on the Blue Bomber last round and managed to take down the plucky android, while the Predator hunted the pro wrestler King. In this strange, post-apocalyptic world, only one combatant can claim victory and move on to round three of the BattleZone.

FIGHT!

Batman is facing an enemy here in the Predator that is stronger, faster, more durable, and has more advanced weaponry than himself. So? A soldier in the woods was able to beat a Predator with hand made weapons. An old cop was able to beat one. I think Batman would have little trouble beating one. He has the smarts, skill, and gadgets to do so and he would.

Vote Bats.

Batman. Because, he is Batman. :p

Arnold Schwarzenegger, bulking mass of muscles took out Predator with few prehistoric tricks of hunting, Batman, the worlds greatest detective and one of the smartest man in the world with his power of martial arts and gadgets should have no problem to kill one Predator. OK, maybe not kill because, once again Zack Snyder, Batman doesnt kill or use guns, but subdue one measly Predator for sure.

Uh, no.

Predator. A million times Predator.

Batman will have nothing in his arsenal that can kill Predator. The only reason Arnold was able to kill Predator was because he watched his entire team get slaughtered by it, learned its weaknesses, and managed to get it to fall into a trap that he carefully constructed.

Batman isn't going to hate time to carefully construct a trap or learn Predator's weakness. He's going to be staring face to face with Predator, and soon his face is going to be eating a facefull of plasma. If he's somehow able to survive that, he'll regain his vision just soon enough to see the Predator shove a blade through his throat.

Predator wins this one easily.

In a city setting, I give an advantage to Batman avoiding alot of Predator attacks throughout the fight. I think Batman will have loads of trouble avoiding Predators laser shots. He'll have to destroy that laser, avoid the Krull-like ninja star and Fork blades and work at picking away the alien hunter with projectile Batarangs and gadgets. He'll win by avoiding a close up hand to hand battle because Predator would crush him or skewer him with the fork blade.

Batman wins with an improvised grappling hook to the throat and explosive device jammed in Predators mouth when he loses his battle helmet. Predator gets hung up and explodes for the loss.

I hate to be that guy, but this actually has happened in a comic book:

maxresdefault.jpg

Given the golden rule of this tournament being that no competitor can have help, I give this one to Predator.

This is a tricky one, because in the comic book series itself Batman was ultimately the winner. But going back to that golden rule I mentioned, Batman never managed to defeat Predator without help. Predator on the other hand, he left Batman lying in a bloody mess in a garbage dump all on his own.

Batman used strategy and lured Predator into a trap; when Predator was in place, Batman dropped about a ton of scrap metal on Predator. Predator erupted from the mass of discarded metal after Batman wandered too close, and proceeded to go full Jack the Ripper on Batman without any trouble. If it weren't for *ugh* Alfred, Batman would have died there.

It's happened, and there would be no Alfred in this fight.

LOL, Predator wins.

"But comic books are stupid and ridiculous!" I recall that argument being made a number of times in the last round. Look, I go by which ever medium is the unofficial official medium. For Harry Potter, it's the books. For Dragon Ball, manga. For Link or Kirby, video games and for Predator, the movies.

In his first appearance, the appearance that set the rules of the character. He was beaten by a soldier with hand made weapons. In the second movie, he was beaten by an old cop. Batman, in a city setting where he can attack from the shadows and stay hidden would have an advantage. Not to mention that his Batsuit blocks thermal imaging. Isn't that how the Predator sees? Batman has avoided Darkseid's unavoidable Omega Beams, so he can avoid the plasma gun and he can take it out. A well placed baterang, some explosives here. He might not have time to plan before the battle starts, but in this setting, he could definitely hang back and figure something out.

Vote Batman.

"But comic books are stupid and ridiculous!"

I agree that calling this argument ridiculous is...well ridiculous. You have a field comprised of a helluva lot of comic book characters, so how can you not base your decision in regards to comic book characters without relying on comics as a reference point to back up whatever position you take?? :banghead: :banghead:

As has been said, this is a battle that's happened in the comics on several occasions back in the 90s and Batman ultimately came out on top. The Predator species is pretty badass as a whole, there's a lotta great stuff to work with, but the problem with the Predators as a whole is that they're stained with defeat in the movies at the hands of Arnold Schwarzenegger and, even worse, Danny Glover. Schwarzenegger's character, Dutch, in the original film used his special forces training to take the fight to the Predator on its own terms and ultimately came out on top. Danny Glover basically just went after the Predator in the sequel in an all out brawl that spread out all over the city that resulted in him coming out on top.

In the first Batman versus Predator crossover back in '93, Batman basically lost their first encounter but he survived, which means he had time to form a plan of attack to combat the Predator's advantages. If you don't kill Bats the first time out, it's much, much more difficult to come out on top the 2nd time around. In a film, that's basically what I'd see happening: Predator kicks his ass in their first meeting, Bats escapes, licks his wounds and comes up with some sort of plan or technology that puts him on more equal footing and he ultimately comes out on top.

In the first Batman versus Predator crossover back in '93, Batman basically lost their first encounter but he survived, which means he had time to form a plan of attack to combat the Predator's advantages. If you don't kill Bats the first time out, it's much, much more difficult to come out on top the 2nd time around. In a film, that's basically what I'd see happening: Predator kicks his ass in their first meeting, Bats escapes, licks his wounds and comes up with some sort of plan or technology that puts him on more equal footing and he ultimately comes out on top.

Okay, but it's not a fight to the death: it's a fight to knockout/incapacitation, which my your own admission means Predator wins.

An unprepared Batman simply has no way to best Predator. There's no way for Batman to run and hide in a crowded city with a vicious Predator tracking him, and there's no way he can defend himself against Predator's offense.

I agree that calling this argument ridiculous is...well ridiculous. You have a field comprised of a helluva lot of comic book characters, so how can you not base your decision in regards to comic book characters without relying on comics as a reference point to back up whatever position you take?? :banghead: :banghead:

As has been said, this is a battle that's happened in the comics on several occasions back in the 90s and Batman ultimately came out on top. The Predator species is pretty badass as a whole, there's a lotta great stuff to work with, but the problem with the Predators as a whole is that they're stained with defeat in the movies at the hands of Arnold Schwarzenegger and, even worse, Danny Glover. Schwarzenegger's character, Dutch, in the original film used his special forces training to take the fight to the Predator on its own terms and ultimately came out on top. Danny Glover basically just went after the Predator in the sequel in an all out brawl that spread out all over the city that resulted in him coming out on top.

For the record, I wasn't making that comic book argument. In the last round, thats what KB and others were saying to justify their positions on comic book characters. I was mocking them.

Anyways, I don't even think Bats has to lose the first encounter. He's in a city setting, meaning he's in familiar territory. He could hang back, watch and evaluate and battle the Predator on his own terms.

"But comic books are stupid and ridiculous!" I recall that argument being made a number of times in the last round. Look, I go by which ever medium is the unofficial official medium. For Harry Potter, it's the books. For Dragon Ball, manga. For Link or Kirby, video games and for Predator, the movies.

For Batman you have...

In his first appearance, the appearance that set the rules of the character. He was beaten by a soldier with hand made weapons.

Um, no darling. That's not at all what happened in the first movie. Arnold had some pretty big help in that movie. Predator took on The Terminator, Apollo Creed and Jesse "The Body" Ventura. Nobody beat Predator, he committed seppuku. He didn't blow himself up because he was forced to, he did it because he thought it would be a funny way to fuck with Arnie.

In the second movie, he was beaten by an old cop.

NO HE WASN'T! :twak:

Predator had to deal with that old cop, Gary Busey and like the entirety of a Haitian drug cartel. We're all lucky we lived through one of Gary Busey's performances.

Batman, in a city setting where he can attack from the shadows and stay hidden would have an advantage.

*AHEM* Anyone hiding from Predator in a fucking shadow is as stupid as they are dead.

Not to mention that his Batsuit blocks thermal imaging. Isn't that how the Predator sees?

It's one of the ways that Predator can see, though he wasn't fooled when Gary Busey and his squad used heat masking suits in Predator 2. Predator has the ability to switch off his thermal imaging.

Batman has avoided Darkseid's unavoidable Omega Beams, so he can avoid the plasma gun and he can take it out.

:banghead: Weren't you just ridiculing the idea of using references that are loosely based on canon?! Predator has maybe 10% of the media exposure that Batman has, but all of Predator's media exposure paints him as an efficient killing machine. One of Batman's many romps through the fantasy world is this fun moment:

giphy.gif

Batman might be able to avoid a plasma beam, but he wasn't able to avoid getting his body ripped open by Predator when they actually fought one-on-one.

A well placed baterang, some explosives here. He might not have time to plan before the battle starts, but in this setting, he could definitely hang back and figure something out.

I agree, Batman is a paranoid freak. Predator would casually wait out Batman while Batman frantically lays out obvious traps while knowing that Alfred isn't there to save him again from the ass whooping that likely gave Batman worse PTSD than seeing his parents get shot.

One-on-one, Predator is unstoppable against Batman.

I didn't know the Terminator, Apollo Creed, and Jesse "the Body" Ventura were who faced the Predator in that film. I thought they were regular people in the army. That changes things.

Spin the Predator's defeats any way you want, fact is he was beaten and outsmarted by a dumbass, "get to the choppa" Arnie soldier and beaten and outsmarted by an old ass cop Danny Glover.

Batman's abilities, skill, and resources far out weigh the majority of Predator opponents. Not to mention that the environment fits Bats perfectly and we have the makings of a Batman victory. I know that hand to hand Batman would probably be screwed, but in this environment he has the advantage and skill necessary to take down the Predator. He'll grapple to the tops of buildings and hide and observe and figure something out.

He'll grapple to the tops of buildings and hide and observe and figure something out.

You mean he'll leap across town using building tops and spy from above? That sounds familiar for some reason. Oh wait! It's because that's exactly what the Predator does. I'm not arguing for or against either here, but this point just proves you know little about one of these characters. And btw on the thermal imaging argument. Predator cycled through approximately 5 different vision modes in Predator 2. I'd venture a guess Batman would struggle to find a single cover that would block all of them.

Not only that, but it proves he knows little about the stage.

The town behind Wall Maria is more like a village. There are no tall building, I believe there is no electricity, and the buildings are mostly small houses.

This is not Gotham. It's not even a suburb of Gotham. The environment barely favors either competitor in any significant way.

Again, there's no place for Batman to run to or hide from the Predator. He is trapped within the massive walls with Predator, and he will be forced to engage with Predator, and as it has been established, that woll result in a loss for Batman.

You mean he'll leap across town using building tops and spy from above? That sounds familiar for some reason. Oh wait! It's because that's exactly what the Predator does. I'm not arguing for or against either here, but this point just proves you know little about one of these characters.

I know plenty about the Predator. I know that he hid in trees and, not necessarily on roof tops in 2 but in buildings. Did they hide above in Predators? No. So while the Predator did hide in trees in the first film, in the others he didn't spend a lot of time up top.

I like your assumption of my knowledge and your attempt at a back handed insult. I see debating tactic around here never changes.

Anyways, Batman can just as easily hide on the ground, in shadows, and other ways. Also, he has devices in his cowl that would allow him to see the Predator. Even with his camouflage. So Bats still has the advantage.

I know plenty about the Predator. I know that he hid in trees and, not necessarily on roof tops in 2 but in buildings. Did they hide above in Predators? No. So while the Predator did hide in trees in the first film, in the others he didn't spend a lot of time up top.

The Predators in the movie Predators were a different faction/race (cannot remember the word used, sorry). It's not surprising that they acted entirely different. They even fought with the other Predators.

And in Predator 2 Danny Glover had a chase scene where he was in a car and and the Predator was running along the rooftops.

Not only that, but it proves he knows little about the stage.

The town behind Wall Maria is more like a village. There are no tall building, I believe there is no electricity, and the buildings are mostly small houses.

This is not Gotham. It's not even a suburb of Gotham. The environment barely favors either competitor in any significant way.

Again, there's no place for Batman to run to or hide from the Predator. He is trapped within the massive walls with Predator, and he will be forced to engage with Predator, and as it has been established, that woll result in a loss for Batman.

Oh really. Ok. I never said that there were sky scrapers, but there are plenty of places for Bats to hide.

large.png

latest

latest

Clearly I have no knowledge of it though.

If the characters of Attack on Titan can zip around from ground to roof tops and from roof to roof. Why can't Batman?

The Predators in the movie Predators were a different faction/race (cannot remember the word used, sorry). It's not surprising that they acted entirely different. They even fought with the other Predators.

And in Predator 2 Danny Glover had a chase scene where he was in a car and and the Predator was running along the rooftops.

So now we're being specific on which race of Predators it is? News to me. So which race of Predator is it? The one that best fits your argument?

The picture is clearly the one from the first film. Also, as generally I just sit back and watch, my knowledge of the rules of the tournament is limited. So that could be my mistake.

Does that make it Schrodinger's Predator?

Batman's abilities, skill, and resources far out weigh the majority of Predator opponents.

Well; Batman was one of those opponents of Predator that couldn't get the job done.

They fought in a city setting, Batman got cocky and fell for Predator playing possum. Batman might have thermal imaging capability, but he was too slow to think to use it to determine if Predator was actually dead. Predator wouldn't make that mistake.

It would be well understood by both men at this point that survival is the only way to endure this sadistic tournament that our brutal imaginations have forced them into. Batman panics, and Predator survives.

The picture is clearly the one from the first film. Also, as generally I just sit back and watch, my knowledge of the rules of the tournament is limited. So that could be my mistake.

Does that make it Schrodinger's Predator?

I'm not sure. I actually think the generally accepted 'rule' is the most common or used version of the character. Which might actually make it the one you described. All I was trying to point out was that they've been known to do more than stalk from above.

Still, in the setting they're in, I think Batman can keep his distance and figure Predator out. Make no mistake though, if Bats gets caught by Predator; its game over.

Batman would not win here. I feel dirty for saying that.

Wayne is allergic to big scary guys. It makes his back hurt. Predator is what gives Bane nightmares, so I am pretty sure he would fuck Bats up. No prep time or round two for Batman to come up with a good plan. He cannot hide forever & make no mistake, he will be the one hiding. He sees what stands before him, flips a few Batarangs, then a smoke pellet before it's time to go hide. He needs the time to formulate a plan.

Problem is, that he is being hunted by someone who can see just fine no matter where he goes. He has more advanced weaponry & would fuck Bruce up in a fist fight. 9/10 I take Batman, but he will not have time to research or build any tech. One off fight against someone like Predator means Batman takes a nap.

Batman faced the Predator three times.

First book: Knocked blind but wins by the Predator committing suicide after losing the battle. Batman was helped by Alfred.

Second book: Batman sort of wins by Lt. Stocker kills himself and the Predator. Batman (with Huntress) is soundly beaten.

Third book: finally defeats one with help from Oracle but the second one almost kills Robin and Alfred til Batman rocks up and persuades it to cut its losses.

Batman cannot defeat the Predator alone.

I think given long prep time, Batman could come up with a sound strategy that could defeat Predator. He has a lot of tools in his arsenal, and has the wits to outsmart most people and aliens.

That all goes out the window in a fight with limited prep time though. Bats doesn't know which gadgets to bring for this fight, and by default Predator has invisibility powers, on top of infrared vision with his helmet. He could easily pick out Batman if he was trying to hide.

Sure Batman would be able to utilize his grappling hook on the wall, much like a 3D maneuvering device from Attack on Titan, but it would probably just piss off Predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back